If you’re looking for some really great anti-anxiety products for cats, let us help you out.
From sprays to treats to cozy calming beds, each of these ideas below have one goal- soothe your high-strung kitty.
While we can’t make guarantees (nothing works 100% of the time, after all), everyone of of them earns high ratings among other kitty owners.
Take a look!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Want to skip ahead and just grab our top pick? Check out the Best Friends by Sheri calming cat bed.
We love it because there’s nothing to spray, nothing to ingest, and nothing to worry about! It’s as calming for us as it is for our kitties!
Best Calming and Anti-Anxiety Products for Cats
All of these wonderful cat calming and anti-anxiety products are available on both Amazon and Chewy, so we’re sharing links to both.
Use the table for a quick peek at our top 5 picks, then read on for the full list.
1. Feliway Cat Diffuser Refill
Cats have an incredible sense of smell, and by sensing their smells all the time, they will feel much safer in their environments. The Feliway Cat Diffuser Refill can help them deal better with stressful situations.
This refill can be used with any Feliway Cat Diffuser and it’s very easy to replace it.
It can mimic a cat’s natural pheromones, giving her a sense of safety and stability.
Your cat won’t suffer from anxiety when you move to a new home or move stuff around the house. As it’s veterinary approves, it’s completely safe for any cat.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – calming effect on your cat, easy to use.
- Cons – can be poisonous to birds.
This is a great product that will make your cat feel much better in a stressful situation.
Make sure though that you don’t have any birds in the room you’re using it in.
This is a great product if your cat feels anxious, and you need to respect the instructions on the packaging.
You May Also Like
As it has a very powerful smell, make sure there are no caged birds in the same room.
If you don’t already have a Felliway diffuser, don’t worry, we have a recommendation coming up in a few moments.
- VET RECOMMENDED: Feliway Classic is the #1 vet recommended solution to help cats adjust to challenging situations and curb stress related unwanted behaviors
- REDUCES SCRATCHING AND URINE SPRAYING: Clinically proven to reduce scratching and urine spraying in 9/10 cats. Results may be seen as early as 7 days
- DRUG FREE SOLUTION: Our diffuser mimics a mother's natural nursing pheromones, which helps to put cats at ease, and reduce conflict among cats
- COVERS UP TO 700 SQ FEET: For best results, the Feliway Classic Diffuser should be plugged in continuoulsy in the room where the cat spends the most time, and you should avoid plugging in the diffuser under shelves and behind doors, curtains and furniture
- REFILL LASTS UP TO 4 WEEKS: This product is the refill only - you need to purchase a diffuser separately. To maximize effectiveness, replace the vial every 4 weeks, and the diffuser every 6 months
- Spanish (Publication Language)
2. Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Cat Chews
Just like any other pet, cats too feel the need to nibble on something from time to time.
Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Cat Chews can help them relax and feel safer!
Pet Natural’s Calming treats are made using a special formula in order to calm your cat, not using any sedatives or potentially harmful substances.
It will just help her deal with the stress and can be used whenever she needs them, such as during thunderstorms, fireworks shows or a big change in her lifestyle.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – calming effect, natural ingredients, suitable for all ages.
- Cons – may not be effective on all cats.
These treats are a very good option to calm your cat during stressful times, but not all cats will benefit from their effects.
It would be best to try and figure out why your cat is feeling anxious first and try to deal with that. Of course, these treats can help in the process.
- Our proprietary blend includes Thiamine, C3 (Colostrum Calming Complex) and L-Theanine to produce a relaxed and calm state.
- Calming for Cats contains NO wheat, corn or artificial ingredients.
- Recommended for high stress situations including travel, visits to the veterinarian, boarding, thunderstorms or other out of the ordinary outside stimuli.
- Safe to double or triple the dosing for times of increased stress.
- Veterinarian formulated with the concerns of cat owners in mind. Pet Naturals products are manufactured in the Green Mountains of Vermont and are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
3. Feliway 30 Day Starter Kit Plug-In Diffuser & Refill
The Feliway 30 Day Starter Kit Plug-In Diffuser & Refill is a great way to help a newly adopted kitten feel safer in your home.
As it would be beneficial for any cat to live in a house that smells very safe, this diffuser will help you in that direction.
Mimicking a cat’s natural pheromones, it will have a calming effect on all the cats in your household.
It covers about 700sq. feet and you should start seeing the difference in a couple of days.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – calming effect, veterinary-approved, lasts 30 days.
- Cons – results take a few days to show.
This is an amazing product that will make sure your cat feels calm at all times, but you won’t see the results from the start.
Just as with any other calming product, you should first try and see why your cat is feeling a certain way and work towards that.
- Vet recommended: Feliway Classic is the No.1 Vet recommended solution to help cats adjust to challenging situations and curb stress related unwanted behaviors
- Reduces scratching and urine spraying: Clinically proven to reduce scratching and urine spraying in 9/10 cats. Results may be seen as early as 7 days
- Drug free solution: Our diffuser emits an odorless copy of the facial Pheromone which helps cats feel more comfortable, and less stressed in their environment
- Covers up to 700 sq feet: For best results, the Feliway Classic Diffuser should be plugged in continuoulsy in the room where the cat spends the most time, and you should avoid plugging in the diffuser under shelves and behind doors, curtains and furniture
- Lasts up to 4 weeks: Our starter kit includes 1 diffuser head and 1 refill - to maximize effectiveness, replace the vial every 4 weeks, and the diffuser every 6 months
4. VetriScience Composure Behavioral Health Bite-Sized Cat Chews
Having a delicious treat that will also calm your cat is one of the best ideas possible, and now it’s here thanks to the VetriScience Composure Behavioral Health Bite-Sized Cat Chews
These treats are meant to help your cat get over stressful situations, anxiety and even hyperactivity.
Being made with L-Theanine and Thiamine, they will completely calm down almost any nervous cat, and you will be able to see its effects in about 20 minutes.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – fast results, can be used with pregnant cats, helps with hyperactivity.
- Cons – may not work with all cats.
This is a great product, and you will start seeing results in a very short time, but will not work on all cats.
If your cat is also taking medications, it would be best to ask for your veterinarian’s advice before giving her these treats. Make sure you don’t give her more than two of these treats a day,
No products found.
5. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Calm Formula Dry Cat FoodNo products found.
Having your cat eat Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Calm Formula Dry Cat Food could improve her overall state of mind, helping her deal with stress and anxiety.
Being specially created by veterinaries to be beneficial for any cat breed, this food will help any cat suffering from anxiety, depression or any other behavioral issues. It’s got all the nutrients an adult cat needs and will keep her urinary system healthy.
Pros & Cons
Pros – calming effect, veterinary approved.
Cons – requires veterinary authorization to buy.
Even though this is a great choice for your cat, you still need your vet’s approval in order to buy it for your cat.
Make sure you only give this food to cats over the age of six months and you have your veterinarian’s approval to do so.
No products found.
6. Sentry HC Good Behavior Pheromone Cat Calming Collar
Using the same pheromone technology like many calming products, the Sentry HC Good Behavior Pheromone Cat Calming Collar just may help your cat stay calm and happy all the time.
This pheromone collar for cats will assure 30 stress-free days for your cat, so she won’t feel the need to mark, scratch, meow or destroy your house anymore.
It’s perfectly safe for both kittens and adult cats and it’s very easy to put it on.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – usable for both kittens and adult cats, lasts for 30 days, calming effect.
- Cons – can’t wash it.
This is a great product to keep your cat calm at all times, but you should always take it off if you’re planning to bathe her.
As this is a collar, you need to make sure it fits perfectly and your cat can’t accidentally get caught in random objects. Remember to only use it for 30 days and always remove it before a bath.
- Scientifically proven: Sentry calming collar for Cats reduces excessive meowing, marking and scratching.
- Less stressful lives: The Sentry calming cat collar reduces excessive meowing in cats and kittens.
- Eliminate unwanted behavior: Sentry cat calming collar helps stop inappropriate marking and unwanted scratching.
- Safe & effective: Calming feline collar is safe and effective when used as directed, without long-term side effects.
- 30 day release: Sentry calming collar for Cats and kittens releases pheromones for up to 30 days.
- All life stages
7. Rescue Remedy Stress Relief Pet Supplement
If what you were looking for a good homeopathic solution for your cat’s anxiety, then these Rescue Remedy Stress Relief Pet Supplement drops may really help you!
Being made out of natural ingredients, these drops are the perfect choice to help your cat deal with stress and anxiety.
They are alcohol-free and non-habit forming and the veterinarians are recommending them as a solution.
It contains Star of Bethlehem, Rock Rose, Cherry plum, Clematis and Impatiens, and this formula will help your pet get over thunderstorms, vet visits or fireworks shows.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – made out of natural ingredients, relieves stress, odorless.
- Cons – won’t work on all pets.
Even though this product is amazing in case of stress and anxiety, it won’t have any effect on some cats.
Always follow the instructions on the package when administering these drops to your cat, as the dosage will differ for every cat.
- Includes (1) Rescue Remedy Dropper 20mL plus (1) BONUS Rescue Pastilles tin, Natural Cranberry Flavor 1.7oz
- The original RESCUE REMEDY in the iconic little yellow bottle, has provided gentle, non-habit forming stress relief to millions around the world for generations. Add 4 drops to a beverage or to your tongue as needed
- RESCUE Pastilles are a delicious way to keep stress at bay. Chew one as needed
- Gentle, non-habit forming, every day stress relief
8. Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Calming Spray
Some cats are stressed by anything from the exterior, starting with car engines, dog barking or simply people passing near your windows.
Thankfully, Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Calming Spray will help your cat get over those stressful moments.
The special formula in this spray was made to reduce anxiety and hyperactivity. It’s a non-sedating formula, meaning that it won’t affect your cat’s personality. All you need to do is spray it in the places your cat spends her time.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – reduces stress, non-sedating, easy to use.
- Cons – not effective on all cats, don’t use it around kids.
This product will make a safe space for your cat to stay in, but you need to make sure no kids have access to that place.
Keep this product away from children and don’t spray it directly on your cat.
- Promotes relaxation and reduces hyper activity in stressful situations
- Non-sedating formula
- Long-lasting concentrated spray
- Safe to use around pets and children when used as directed
- Packagining may vary
9. Comfort Zone 2X Pheromone Formula Multicat Refill
Having a calming product like Comfort Zone 2X Pheromone Formula on hand whenever you need it is exactly what your cat needs.
It will keep your furball happy and you won’t have to worry about any stressing events, such as moving, changing your furniture or fireworks.
By releasing pheromones that mimic the ones your cat is naturally producing, this purifier will make sure that your feline friends stay calm. Besides, it’s completely drug-free and will affect all the cats living in your house.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – drug-free, calming effect.
- Cons – can be dangerous if not used correctly, not effective for all cats.
Even though it has a great calming effect in general, it won’t have an effect on every cat.
This product is amazing and will help your cats stay calm when they need it the most. However, make sure not to inhale or swallow it, as it is highly toxic.
- New & Improved formula of our original MultiCat Calming Diffuser
- Use to help reduce multiple cat household tension, fighting, and stress
- Suitable for all life stages.
- Drug-free solution that helps to calm your stressed cat and reduce destructive behaviors
- Creates a calming, safe, relaxing environment for your feline and will not affect other household pets
- New comfort zone formula works in all comfort zone diffusers. Refills last up to 30 days.
- Safe and certified to UL standard, shut-off feature prevents over-heating
- Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Results may vary by each individual cat.
10. Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler
First, ignore the dog in the picture. The bed comes in all sizes, including some small enough for kitties.
Best Friends by Sheri calming cat bed has calming effect, making it an amazing bed option your cat’s anxiety.
Thanks to its special shape, it will make your cat feel comfortable and perfectly safe.
It’s made out of very soft faux fur in order to keep your cat cozy all night long. Being water-resistant, it will keep any accidents inside, so your floors won’t take any damage.
Thanks to the raised edges, the bed will offer amazing orthopedic support for your feline companion and it’s perfectly safe to wash it in the washing machine.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – different sizes available, incredibly cozy, calming effect, self-heating.
- Cons – your cat may try to chew on it.
This is an incredible bed for your cat, and will make sure she stays comfortably at any time. However, make sure your cat doesn’t start chewing on it.
This is a great product for your cat, whether she has anxiety problems or not. It’s going to keep her safe and happy and you won’t have to worry about anything else.
- SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality zippered Donut Cuddler cat and dog bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up; The raised rim creates a sense of security and provides head and neck support, while the super soft filling offers joint and muscle pain relief
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Cozy, flexible, and finished with vegan faux shag fur, our warming luxury zippered dog bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat; Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow, animals will have full, restful sleep for improved behavior and better health
- VERSATILE DESIGN and MAINTENANCE: Available in beautifully natural colors, our cat and dog donut cuddler beds are a seamless addition to any room’s décor; Finished with water and dirt-resistant bottoms, accidental messes will be prevented from reaching your floors; The removable shell is also safe to machine wash and dry (do not leave bed to air dry, as this will lead to tangling and matting of the fur)
- PET-SAFE MATERIALS: Our pet beds are responsibly sourced, made with durable luxurious nylon faux fur and non-toxic premium filling to ensure safety and comfort for you and your pets
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Designed and shipped from Los Angeles, CA, our local customer service is only a phone call or email away to address any concerns and questions to ensure you and your pets are happy with your purchase
Obviously, we like all of these great anti-anxiety products for cats. However, if you combine the Donut Cuddler with Nature’s Miracle calming spray, you’ll have an irresistible combo.
What are your favorite anti-anxiety products for cats? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own business.
Last update on 2021-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API