If you’re looking for some really great anti-anxiety products for cats, let us help you out.
From sprays to treats to calming cat beds, each of these ideas below have one goal- soothe your high-strung kitty.
While we can’t make guarantees (nothing works 100% of the time, after all), everyone of of them earns high ratings among other kitty owners.
Take a look!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Want to skip ahead and just grab our top pick? Check out the Best Friends by Sheri calming cat bed.
We love it because there’s nothing to spray, nothing to ingest, and nothing to worry about! It’s as calming for us as it is for our kitties!
Best Calming and Anti-Anxiety Products for Cats
All of these wonderful cat calming and anti-anxiety products are available on both Amazon and Chewy, so we’re sharing links to both.
Use the table for a quick peek at our top 5 picks, then read on for the full list.
1. Feliway Cat Diffuser Refill
Cats have an incredible sense of smell, and by sensing their smells all the time, they will feel much safer in their environments. The Feliway Cat Diffuser Refill can help them deal better with stressful situations.
This refill can be used with any Feliway Cat Diffuser and it’s very easy to replace it.
It can mimic a cat’s natural pheromones, giving her a sense of safety and stability.
Your cat won’t suffer from anxiety when you move to a new home or move stuff around the house. As it’s veterinary approves, it’s completely safe for any cat.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – calming effect on your cat, easy to use.
- Cons – can be poisonous to birds.
This is a great product that will make your cat feel much better in a stressful situation.
Make sure though that you don’t have any birds in the room you’re using it in.
This is a great product if your cat feels anxious, and you need to respect the instructions on the packaging.
As it has a very powerful smell, make sure there are no caged birds in the same room.
If you don’t already have a Felliway diffuser, don’t worry, we have a recommendation coming up in a few moments.
- FELIWAY is vet recommended, and the #1 selling solution: FELIWAY Classic may help with common stress-related behaviors such as: urine spraying, scratching, visitors, and home changes
- 9 out of 10 cats show an improvement in urine spraying*
- FELIWAY Classic is a drug free solution that mimics cat’s natural facial pheromones, which may help your pet feel calmer in common stressful situations - for the best results, plug in the diffuser where your cat spends most of his or her time
- FELIWAY Classic heated diffuser covers up to 700 square feet; make sure to plug your diffuser in with the vents up, and avoid placing the diffuser under shelves and behind doors, curtains, or furniture
- This product includes 1 refill that will last for up to 1 month (diffuser not included); to maximize effectiveness replace the refill once a month and the diffuser every 6 months
- Spanish (Publication Language)
READ MORE: Eco Friendly Cat Supplies
2. Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Cat Chews
Just like any other pet, cats too feel the need to nibble on something from time to time.
Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Cat Chews can help them relax and feel safer!
Pet Natural’s Calming treats are made using a special formula in order to calm your cat, not using any sedatives or potentially harmful substances.
It will just help her deal with the stress and can be used whenever she needs them, such as during thunderstorms, fireworks shows or a big change in her lifestyle.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – calming effect, natural ingredients, suitable for all ages.
- Cons – may not be effective on all cats.
These treats are a very good option to calm your cat during stressful times, but not all cats will benefit from their effects.
It would be best to try and figure out why your cat is feeling anxious first and try to deal with that. Of course, these treats can help in the process.
- CALMING FOR CATS - Cats of all sizes love these delicious chews that help keep them calm and stress free at home or on the go
- BEHAVIORAL AND STRESS SUPPORT - Each bite sized chew helps keep your cat in a relaxed and calm state with Thiamine, Colostrum Calming Complex and L-Theanine
- FOR ALL OCCASIONS - Pet Naturals Calming is recommended for high stress situations including travel, visits to the veterinarian, boarding, thunderstorms or other out of the ordinary outside stimuli.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR DOSAGE - Pet Naturals Calming is safe to double or triple your dose in times of increased stress
- NOT A SEDATIVE - Since it’s not a sedative, Calming ensures that your pet doesn’t endure side effects like drowsiness, reliance or mood changes
3. Feliway 30 Day Starter Kit Plug-In Diffuser & Refill
The Feliway 30 Day Starter Kit Plug-In Diffuser & Refill is a great way to help a newly adopted kitten feel safer in your home.
As it would be beneficial for any cat to live in a house that smells very safe, this diffuser will help you in that direction.
Mimicking a cat’s natural pheromones, it will have a calming effect on all the cats in your household.
It covers about 700sq. feet and you should start seeing the difference in a couple of days.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – calming effect, veterinary-approved, lasts 30 days.
- Cons – results take a few days to show.
This is an amazing product that will make sure your cat feels calm at all times, but you won’t see the results from the start.
Just as with any other calming product, you should first try and see why your cat is feeling a certain way and work towards that.
- Vet Recommended and #1 selling solution: FELIWAY Classic helps cats adjust to challenging situations, and curbs stress related unwanted behaviors such as spraying, peeing, scratching, and general fearfulness
- Reduces urine spraying in 9 out of 10 cats
- FELIWAY Classic is a drug free solution that mimics cat’s natural facial pheromones, which may help your pet feel calmer in common stressful situations
- FELIWAY Classic heated diffuser covers up to 700 square feet; for the best results, position the diffuser where your cat spends most of his or her time, and avoid plugging the diffuser in under shelves and behind doors, curtains, or furniture
- Starter kit includes 1 diffuser head and 1 vial; to maximize effectiveness, replace the vial once a month, and the diffuser every 6 months
4. VetriScience Composure Behavioral Health Bite-Sized Cat Chews
Having a delicious treat that will also calm your cat is one of the best ideas possible, and now it’s here thanks to the VetriScience Composure Behavioral Health Bite-Sized Cat Chews
These treats are meant to help your cat get over stressful situations, anxiety and even hyperactivity.
Being made with L-Theanine and Thiamine, they will completely calm down almost any nervous cat, and you will be able to see its effects in about 20 minutes.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – fast results, can be used with pregnant cats, helps with hyperactivity.
- Cons – may not work with all cats.
This is a great product, and you will start seeing results in a very short time, but will not work on all cats.
If your cat is also taking medications, it would be best to ask for your veterinarian’s advice before giving her these treats. Make sure you don’t give her more than two of these treats a day,
No products found.
5. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Calm Formula Dry Cat FoodNo products found.
Having your cat eat Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Calm Formula Dry Cat Food could improve her overall state of mind, helping her deal with stress and anxiety.
Being specially created by veterinaries to be beneficial for any cat breed, this food will help any cat suffering from anxiety, depression or any other behavioral issues. It’s got all the nutrients an adult cat needs and will keep her urinary system healthy.
Pros & Cons
Pros – calming effect, veterinary approved.
Cons – requires veterinary authorization to buy.
Even though this is a great choice for your cat, you still need your vet’s approval in order to buy it for your cat.
Make sure you only give this food to cats over the age of six months and you have your veterinarian’s approval to do so.
No products found.
6. Sentry HC Good Behavior Pheromone Cat Calming Collar
Using the same pheromone technology like many calming products, the Sentry HC Good Behavior Pheromone Cat Calming Collar just may help your cat stay calm and happy all the time.
This pheromone collar for cats will assure 30 stress-free days for your cat, so she won’t feel the need to mark, scratch, meow or destroy your house anymore.
It’s perfectly safe for both kittens and adult cats and it’s very easy to put it on.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – usable for both kittens and adult cats, lasts for 30 days, calming effect.
- Cons – can’t wash it.
This is a great product to keep your cat calm at all times, but you should always take it off if you’re planning to bathe her.
As this is a collar, you need to make sure it fits perfectly and your cat can’t accidentally get caught in random objects. Remember to only use it for 30 days and always remove it before a bath.
- Scientifically proven: Sentry calming collar for Cats reduces excessive meowing, marking and scratching.
- Less stressful lives: The Sentry calming cat collar reduces excessive meowing in cats and kittens.
- Eliminate unwanted behavior: Sentry cat calming collar helps stop inappropriate marking and unwanted scratching.
- Safe & effective: Calming feline collar is safe and effective when used as directed, without long-term side effects.
- 30 day release: Sentry calming collar for Cats and kittens releases pheromones for up to 30 days.
- All life stages
7. Rescue Remedy Stress Relief Pet Supplement
If what you were looking for a good homeopathic solution for your cat’s anxiety, then these Rescue Remedy Stress Relief Pet Supplement drops may really help you!
Being made out of natural ingredients, these drops are the perfect choice to help your cat deal with stress and anxiety.
They are alcohol-free and non-habit forming and the veterinarians are recommending them as a solution.
It contains Star of Bethlehem, Rock Rose, Cherry plum, Clematis and Impatiens, and this formula will help your pet get over thunderstorms, vet visits or fireworks shows.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – made out of natural ingredients, relieves stress, odorless.
- Cons – won’t work on all pets.
Even though this product is amazing in case of stress and anxiety, it won’t have any effect on some cats.
Always follow the instructions on the package when administering these drops to your cat, as the dosage will differ for every cat.
- Includes (1) Dropper 20mL plus (1) BONUS Rescue Pastilles tin, Natural Cranberry Flavor 1.7oz
- The original in the iconic little yellow bottle, has provided gentle, non-habit forming stress relief to millions around the world for generations. Add 4 drops to a beverage or to your tongue as needed
- RESCUE Pastilles are a delicious way to keep stress at bay. Chew one as needed
- Gentle, non-habit forming, every day stress relief
8. Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Calming Spray
Some cats are stressed by anything from the exterior, starting with car engines, dog barking or simply people passing near your windows.
Thankfully, Nature’s Miracle Just For Cats Calming Spray will help your cat get over those stressful moments.
The special formula in this spray was made to reduce anxiety and hyperactivity. It’s a non-sedating formula, meaning that it won’t affect your cat’s personality. All you need to do is spray it in the places your cat spends her time.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – reduces stress, non-sedating, easy to use.
- Cons – not effective on all cats, don’t use it around kids.
This product will make a safe space for your cat to stay in, but you need to make sure no kids have access to that place.
Keep this product away from children and don’t spray it directly on your cat.
- Promotes relaxation and reduces hyper activity in stressful situations
- Non-sedating formula
- Long-lasting concentrated spray
- Safe to use around pets and children when used as directed
- Packagining may vary
9. Comfort Zone 2X Pheromone Formula Multicat Refill
Having a calming product like Comfort Zone 2X Pheromone Formula on hand whenever you need it is exactly what your cat needs.
It will keep your furball happy and you won’t have to worry about any stressing events, such as moving, changing your furniture or fireworks.
By releasing pheromones that mimic the ones your cat is naturally producing, this purifier will make sure that your feline friends stay calm. Besides, it’s completely drug-free and will affect all the cats living in your house.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – drug-free, calming effect.
- Cons – can be dangerous if not used correctly, not effective for all cats.
Even though it has a great calming effect in general, it won’t have an effect on every cat.
This product is amazing and will help your cats stay calm when they need it the most. However, make sure not to inhale or swallow it, as it is highly toxic.
- 😺 VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED: Comfort Zone is a veterinarian recommended solution to keeping cats, safe, happy, and calm.
- 😺 HOW TO USE: Plug diffuser upright into a wall outlet with vents facing up and never into power strips. Improper use may cause the diffuser to become discolored, increased odor, or cause leaking.
- 😺 CERTIFIED: Diffusers certified to UL safety standards and include a shut-off feature to prevent overheating and a rotatable plug to ensure upright placement in any wall outlet.
- 😺 BUY MORE AND SAVE: Our Value Kit includes 3 diffusers and 6 refills to blanket three rooms of your home with harmonizing pheromones to ease multi-cat tension for up to 60 days.
- 😺 DRUG-FREE: Drug-free solution that helps to calm your stressed cat and reduce urine spraying, scratching, and other unwanted behaviors.
- 😺 MULTI-CAT TENSION: Use to help reduce multiple cat household tension, fighting, and stress. Creates a calming, relaxing environment for both Single and Multi-Cat homes.
- 😺 TRUSTED CALMING: Our trusted cat calming pheromone formula refills work in all Comfort Zone diffusers and last up to 30 days.
- 😺 SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are so confident your pets will find stress relief from our products that we offer a satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Results may vary by each individual cat.
- 😺 CONTACT US: We value our consumer feedback and questions, visit our website to contact the Comfort Zone customer care team
- 😺 SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are so confident your pets will find stress relief from our products that we offer a satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Results may vary by each individual cat
10. Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler
First, ignore the dog in the picture. The bed comes in all sizes, including some small enough for kitties.
Best Friends by Sheri calming cat bed has calming effect, making it an amazing bed option your cat’s anxiety.
Thanks to its special shape, it will make your cat feel comfortable and perfectly safe.
It’s made out of very soft faux fur in order to keep your cat cozy all night long. Being water-resistant, it will keep any accidents inside, so your floors won’t take any damage.
Thanks to the raised edges, the bed will offer amazing orthopedic support for your feline companion and it’s perfectly safe to wash it in the washing machine.
Pros & Cons
- Pros – different sizes available, incredibly cozy, calming effect, self-heating.
- Cons – your cat may try to chew on it.
This is an incredible bed for your cat, and will make sure she stays comfortably at any time. However, make sure your cat doesn’t start chewing on it.
This is a great product for your cat, whether she has anxiety problems or not. It’s going to keep her safe and happy and you won’t have to worry about anything else.
- CALMING DOG BED SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality Donut Cuddler cat and dog bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up. The raised rim creates a sense of security and provides head and neck support, while the super soft filling offers joint and muscle pain relief.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Cozy, flexible, and finished with vegan faux shag fur, our warming luxury dog bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat. Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow, animals will have full, restful sleep for improved behavior and better health. The uniquely designed CoziLOFT fibers keep their loft for up to 3Xs longer than standard pet beds.
- VERSATILE DESIGN and MAINTENANCE: Available in beautifully natural colors, our cat and dog donut beds are a seamless addition to any room’s décor. Finished with water and dirt-resistant bottoms, accidental messes will be prevented from reaching your floors. Removable shells available on size M-2XL beds are machine washable. The entirety of the small-sized bed is machine washable. (Do not leave bed to air dry, as this may lead to tangling and matting of the faux fur).
- PET-SAFE MATERIALS: Tested through Consumer Product Safety Commission certified labs to ensure safety for you and your pets. Free from: flame retardants, formaldehyde, skin irritating chemicals, harsh dyes.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Designed and shipped from Los Angeles, CA, our local customer service is only a phone call or email away to address any concerns and questions to ensure you and your pets are happy with your purchase.
Obviously, we like all of these great anti-anxiety products for cats. However, if you combine the Donut Cuddler with Nature’s Miracle calming spray, you’ll have an irresistible combo.
What are your favorite anti-anxiety products for cats? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own business.
FIND HER ON: FACEBOOK.
Read her latest articles.
Learn more about Andrea here
Last update on 2022-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API