If you’re wondering about the best cat trees for two cats, let me help you out!
Below, we’re going to talk a bit about what to look for in tree that can accommodate more than one kitty.
Then, we’ll take a look at my top ten favorites that range from space-saving tiny multi-cat trees to ginormous cat mansions!
Ready to get started?
What to Look for a Cat Tree for Multiple Kitties
Here’s the good news: the best cat tree for two cats doesn’t necessarily have to be a massive structure.
In fact, it’s entirely possible to find a space-saver cat tree that will accommodate more than one kitty!
So, what should you look for? Here are a few tips that will help you on your shopping journey:
- Stability: You want something that either has a wide base, low center of gravity, or anti-topple features.
- Multiple top perches so all of your cats can get a bird’s eye view of their world!
- Multiple caves so each cat has their own, or one XL cave for cuddlers.
- Plenty of scratching surfaces so your kitties don’t wreck your furniture!
I’ve had multiple cats for the better half of my life. In fact, there was only a few months of my cat-parenting life where I had just one.
So, nearly every item I’ve ever bought them was designed for more than one kitty! You could say I’m sort of an expert on life with multiple kitties!
Below, you’ll find my picks for the best cat trees for 2 cats (or more!).
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Best Cat Trees for Two Cats
You’ll find most of these cat trees for multiple cats right on Amazon, but I did include a couple unique options from Cats Play Furniture as well.
If you haven’t checked out their store, I highly recommend it!
Nearly everything ships free, and they have some great pieces that you just won’t find on Amazon, Chewy, or other mass retail pet stores.
1. BEWISHOME Large Cat Tree Condo
The BEWISEHOME is a fairly standard-looking cat tree with the features you’d expect.
However, it does have a few noteworthy additions, which we’ll check out in the features & pros below.
Features & Pros
- SIZE: 36.6″L x 30.7″D x 62.2″H (93 x 78 x 158cm)
- 3 cushioned platforms (perches) covered in plush carpeting
- 2 roomy cat caves, so each kitty can have their own.
- Bottom condo is large enough for two petite cats to snuggle up in together.
- Sisal scratching posts on every level.
- Cozy hammock that’s securely attached to the structure.
- Added stability features: super solid, strong base AND includes wall anchor strap.
- Easy to assemble, all the hardware and tools are included.
- Only the bottom cave is large enough for bigger kitties.
- The condo sides are soft, not solid.
- The bolsters on the top perches are soft, so they won’t support a cat that likes to lean.
If you’re looking for a relatively standard cat tree with plenty of space for two smaller cats, this is a great place to start.
It also comes in a light grey, which is a smart option for those with white cats (or other lighter fur colors).
- ROOMY AND ENJOYABLE: 3 nicely cushioned and large platform beds with raised edging for your fur babies to sit on and look out the window, 2 spacious hideaway houses with plenty of lounging room for your kitties to sleep, sisal scratching posts to deter cats from clawing up your furniture, a cozy hammock, interactive jingly balls to play with, several layers layout for climbing up and down. This cat condo will be big enough for your large cat, fun enough for your little one
- STURDY AND STABLE: Super solid construction, well balanced design, strong base, cats can easily and safely leap on or off this cat tree. This cat mansion also comes with a wall anchor strap to attach it to the wall for extra stability when you have multiple cats using it as an activity center
- QUALITY PLUSH COVERING: The multi level cat tower is composed of good quality plush material, which is very soft and comfortable, your furry family members will love the plush touch and enjoy exploring and sniffing around its new home, no scratching your furniture any more
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND NICE LOOKING: Its attractive look will compliment any room in your house like a piece of nice pet furniture rather than a jungle gym. All the hardware and tools are included
- SIZE: 36.6"L x 30.7"D x 62.2"H (93 x 78 x 158cm), perfect for large kitties/adult cats
2. Kitty Mansions Rome Cat Tree
Every kitty deserves a mansion, and that’s exactly what Kitty Mansions specializes in! Duh, right? The name says it all!
They have a few great options, but I love their Rome cat tree for two cats.
Features & Pros
- Total of 12 platforms so your cats have plenty of options.
- Two “bedrooms” with cute cat-shaped entries
- Two tunnels
- Almost every post is sisal-wrapped
- Easy to assemble
- Replacement parts available
- Tunnels and caves aren’t big enough for large cats
- Lacks the stability features that Cat Mansions deluxe models have
- Fake fur material isn’t really all that plush.
As long as your cats are on the smaller side, they’ll have a blast exploring this Cat Mansion!
It almost looks like a kitty duplex, doesn’t it?
- Easy to assemble
- Replacement posts available
- High quality construction gives kitty mansions a longer lifespan
- 63-inch l x 16-inch w x 90-inch h
3. CatastrophiCreations Cat Mod Gardens Set
One of my most frequently recommended cat trees overall, the CatastrophiCreations Cat Mod Gardens Set is perfect for multiple cats.
Features & Pros
- Totally modular wall-mounted system lets you put it anywhere you want, as long as you have the studs to support it.
- Super strong hammocks hold up to 62lbs each, so they can handle multiple cats who love to cuddle together.
- Very stylish design!
- Comes with handy little planters for some catnip or other kitty-safe herbs.
- Comes in multiple colors & finishes.
- It’s kind of expensive.
- They have to be installed on walls with studs.
- Not good for renters who can’t put holes in their wall.
- The planters aren’t waterproof.
I have very few negative things to say about this one! While it’s definitely not a cheap cat tree, the high-quality materials justify the price.
The only major thing to consider is whether or not you’re comfortable mounting it on your wall.
- Great for lounging and to give your cats their own space
- Perfect play structure to bring out the acrobat in your cat
- Gives cats an outlet for their climbing needs
- Add a touch of the wild by adding cat friendly plants
- Sturdy, tested to hold 62 lbs per hammock, and 85 lbs per wooden piece
4. Boardwalk Cat Gym
One of my favorite cat trees from Cats Play Furniture, this castle is definitely fit for a King, Queen, and all her subjects!
In other words, it can definitely handle multiple kitties of all sizes.
Features & Pros
- 4 separate cat condos, each is big enough for all breeds.
- Two of the condos are large enough for multiple cats.
- XL upper beds are big enough for two cats to snuggle.
- Low center of gravity makes it wobble-free
- 8 color combinations
- Free Shipping
- Made in the USA
- Takes up a lot of space
- Very heavy (about 150 lbs)
- Platforms are far from the floor
5. Hey-Bro Extra Large Multi-Level Cat Tree ReviewNo products found.
Need a cat tree that can handle not one, but two BIG kitties like the Maine Coon? You’ll want to check this one out!
Features & Pros
- Overall size is 21.7″L x 21.7″W x 63.8″H
- Sisal wrapped poles from top to bottom give your kitties plenty of scratching surfaces.
- Perches are covered in super thick plush fabric.
- Two hammocks attach right to the poles.
- Roomy caves for large cats or two smaller snuggle buddies.
- Includes anti-toppling devices for added security.
- Hammocks are a bit wobbly.
- Quite a large jump from the base to the first level, which may be a challenge for senior cats or breeds with small legs.
- Dangling toy does not break away, making it a bit of a hazard.
If you have multiple large cats who don’t have joint issues, this is a fantastic option.
Everything on this tree is actually designed for Maine Coons and such!
No products found.
6. Go Pet Club Huge 87.5 in. Cat Tree
You can almost never go wrong with a cat tree from Go Pet Club. They have a massive variety of options, but this is my top pick for more than one cat.
Features & Pros
- Overall Size: 42″L x 23.5″W x 87.5″H
- 2 cozy top perches.
- Total of 5 different condos
- Three condos are big enough for most larger cats
- Two fun little tunnels.
- Platform in the middle is also a swing! SO cute!
- Sisal-wrapped posts throughout
- Easy assembly & sturdy build
- Doesn’t come with wall anchors. However, the overall design is a stability feature on its own.
- It’s definitely not a space saver! You’ll need a good chunk of space for it.
- Instructions are a bit confusing (I had this issue with mine as well, but assembly was still fairly intuitive so it wasn’t a huge deal).
- Dangle toys don’t break away, which can pose a hazard.
I highly recommend anything by Go Pet Club. Up until a week ago, I had a one of their trees in my living room.
It lasted three years and took a major beating during that time! We only dismantled it because we needed the space.
Right now, various parts of it are outside in our feral cat’s shelter. The platforms became flooring, and the caves went into their little houses.
Of course, I wouldn’t recommend it for outdoor use, but it does go to show just how durable Go Pet Club trees really are!
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Color : Brown / Beige
- Overall Size : 42"L x 23.5"W x 87.5"H * 3 Big Condo Houses Size: 19.25"W x 14"L x 11.75"H * 2 Condo Houses Size: 12"W x 12"L x 10H * Size of 2 Top Perches : 13.25"Dia x 3"H * Size of 2 Tunnels : 10"Dia x 12"L * Number of Ladder : 1
- Posts covered by natural sisal rope * Covering Material : Faux Fur * Board Material : Pressed Wood
7. FEANDREA 67 inches Multi-Level Cat Tree for Large Cats
FEANDRA is the other big name in cat trees that I’m always comfortable recommending.
Like Go Pet Club, they have a ton of different styles, including this one that’s just perfect for large breed cats!
Features & Pros
- Two roomy condos, both of which are big enough for most breeds (but not large, see below).
- 3 super plush perches with raised edges for resting those cute kitty heads.
- Sisal-covered ramp is great for sharpening claws.
- Sisal poles throughout.
- Stability features include battens at the bottom and anti-toppling fittings, and high density supporting tubes
- Despite the name, I see many large-breed kitty owners saying that it’s just not big enough. It looks like 16lbs is about the cutoff.
- First level is high off the ground, so it’s not great for arthritic senior cats.
- Dangle toys don’t break away, so you may want to snip them off.
- Sides of the perches are padded, not solid.
Even though the name implies that this tree would be great for giant breed kitties like the Savannah, it’s really not.
However, if your cats are on the larger side of the “average housecat” spectrum (i.e., under 16 lbs), it’s a fabulous choice.
- Exclusive Luxury for Cats: Your feline friends need a cozy home of their own to play, take a nap or jump around; this cat house is sure to be their dream-come-true
- Multi-Layered Playhouse: 2 roomy condos offer luxurious napping experience; 3 plush perches with raised edge allow your cat rest on its head while watching over the house; sisal-covered slope adds so much more fun for playtime
- Stability Is Always Priority: Constructed by CARB-certified natural particle boards and strengthened with battens at the bottom to ensure overall stability; anti-toppling fittings are included for double security
- Sisal-Covered Scratching Posts: Reinforced posts (dia. 3.38") are wrapped with natural sisal rope to allow nail scratching and promote exercising; this cat tree is the perfect spot for your cats to jump around
- Not Satisfied Yet? FEANDREA provides you with professional customer service both before and after your purchase; don’t wait any longer, add this to your home today!
8. Katris Modular Cat Tree
If you’ve checked out our other cat tree posts, you know by now that I have a crazy fascination with the Katris!
It’s such a unique and fun structure, don’t you think? Check out the features, pros and cons.
Features & Pros
- Modular, so set it up however you want.
- Comes with 5 blocks that work together.
- Scratching surfaces inside of the blocks
- Very fun style
- Available in colorful options or neutral colors.
- Easy to assemble with included clips.
- Holds up to 300 lbs.
- A smidge pricey
- Only comes with 5 clips, so don’t break any!
- Not made in the USA
If you want something that’s as fun for you to look at as it is for your cats to play on, the Katris is an excellent option.
While the standard set can definitely handle more than one cat, if you have the room and budget you may consider buying a few sets to create the ultimate cat tree wall!
9. The Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower
So, this option breaks my “should have more than one condo” rule, but I wanted to give you something that would fit into modern or minimalist decor a little better than the others.
Features & Pros
- 69 inches tall x 20 inches wide x 20 inches deep
- Multiple carpeted platforms large enough for most cats
- Real Grey Berber carpet, like the kind used on floors
- Washable faux suede covers above and in the cave
- Super stylish, doesn’t look like cat furniture
- Pads are held on by Velcro and are replaceable
- Levels are spaced far apart, so not great for seniors or munchkins
- Not large enough for really big kitties (smaller Maine Coons are fine, but 25 lb cats won’t fit)
- Since it’s so large and heavy, it’s a bit of a nightmare to return if you have an issue with it.
While it’s not the best overall cat tree for two cats, it’s the best option for those who prefer something a little more stylish.
Just about everyone who has one loves it, so that’s always a great sign!
- Dimensions: 69 inches tall x 20 inches wide x 20 inches deep
- Materials: Ply, oak veneers
- Grey Berber carpet attached with hook-and-loop attachment
10. FEANDREA Space-Saving Cat Tree for Large Cats
I promised you a space saver, and here you go!
Sure, it’s lacking the bells and whistles that you’ll find on the larger models, but it’s still a good pick for small apartments.
Features & Pros
- Plus XL top perch makes it fantastic for two snugglers or one large kitty.
- Two condos, so each cat can have their own.
- Thick sisal-wrapped posts for added stability and claw-sharpening.
- It’s low to the ground, making it great for kittens and seniors.
- Stability feature like battens at the bottom, anti-toppling fittings.
- Only one perch
- Challenging to assemble according to some users
- Cave sides are soft, not solid
- You really have to use the anti-toppling features, as it’s surprisingly wobbly for a low structure
If your cats like to snuggle (in other words, won’t fight over the top perch) and you just want something simple for a small space, this is your best bet.
- WIDENED TOP PERCH: Plush and extra large top lounger with raised edge offers prime relaxation for your feline friends
- THICKENED SCRATCH & STRETCH POSTS: Wrapped with natural sisal rope to allow nail scratching and promote exercise
- DUAL CONDO PLAYHOUSE: Creates a perfect hide-out and napping spot for your active kittens and cats
- MAXIMIZED STABILITY: Strengthened with battens at the bottom; anti-toppling fittings are included for double security
- NOT SATISFIED YET? FEANDREA provides you with professional customer service both before and after your purchase; don’t wait any longer, add this to your home today!
Out of all my picks for the best cat trees for two cats, I have to say that the Boardwalk Cat Gym is my favorite! It’s just so unique and fun!
However, if you prefer something a little more traditional, the Go Pet Club is always a fantastic idea!
Which of these cat trees for two cats do you like best? Share below!
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief and one of the writers here on CatVills. She’s been a cat lover most of her life and-at one point- counted five felines as part of her family. Today, she’s proud cat mom to two indoor kitties and caregiver for a slew of ferals.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API