Finding the best cat trees with hammocks doesn’t sound all that hard, but trust me, it’s more challenging than you think!
See, a ton of great trees come with hammocks…but they have major design flaws that make them virtually unusable.
In all honestly, I always remove them from my cats’ trees before they fall off on their own.
However, if you have your heart set on a fun little swinging hammock for your kitty, I’ve got you covered.
I dug deep to find you five that actually work pretty well, so let’s check them out!
How to Choose the Best Cat Tree with Hammocks
Super quick (like a little bunny) let’s talk about what to look for in a cat tree with a hammock.
You already know the basics: buy a tree that’s actually big enough for your cat, think about stability, look for sisal poles for those claws.
When you buy one with a hammock, though, there are a couple of extra safety-centric guidelines to consider.
- Make sure the hammock supports your cat. Don’t get a teeny hammock made for a kitten for your Maine Coon!
- Check how the hammock attaches. It either needs to bolt into the tree very securely OR have attachments that break away if your cat gets twisted.
- Look at the material. Is it likely to fray and fall apart, or is it nice & sturdy?
In short, we either want something that will actually stay put and hold our cats OR easily break-away in case of an emergency (like a twisted-up kitty!). Preferably both!
Along with these basic safety features, I also looked at overall design to pick 5 diverse and very nifty cat trees for you!
Want to check them out? Good! Let’s go!
Related:7 Super Nifty PVC Cat Trees to Buy or Make
Best Cat Trees with Hammocks
If you’re a regular reader of my cat tree reviews, you know the drill: check the table below for a quick peek at my favorites, then read on for more details.
FYI: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Check: Top 5 Most Affordable Cat Tree!
You’ll also love these Epic bookshelf cat trees
1. COZIWOW Multi-Cat Tree with Hammock Review
The Coziwow is a great place to start. Not only does it come with a durable hammock, but it’s loaded with other bells and whistles.
Kind of makes me wish I was a cat so I could use it. It’s like a whole cat playground!
Features & Pros
- Stands 57″ tall, so it’s not overwhelming but still roomy.
- Coated with plush fake fur to make it super gentle on kitty’s skin.
- The poles are wrapped sisal for your cat’s scratching pleasure.
- XL hammock actually fits your bigger breeds.
- One-year warranty
- Some customers complain (on another model by same brand) that they were missing significant pieces & hardware. Eeek!
- Challenging to assemble
I’m not loving the few complaints about the company forgetting to include hardware, but I do love the tree itself.
Everything about it just screams, “FUN!” for cats. I know mine would go nuts for it!
- [Exclusive Luxury for Cats]: This well-designed cat tower features two padded plush perches with raised edge for your adorable pets to sit safely. Equipped with a hammock, a cozy condo, interactive pom-pom balls and dangling rope, it could be considered as a cat paradise. Thanks to its elegant colors, it matches perfectly with every home decor. It engages your feline friend in multiple types of play, sharpening their claws, lying around, playing, napping, scratching and hiding.
- [Premium Material]: Made from selected eco-friendly particle board, this cat tree is durable and strong. The skin-friendly soft flannel covering perfectly matches your fur babies’ need of comfort.
- [Reinforced Stability]: Constructed by compressed particle boards and strengthened bottom base to ensure overall stability, anti-toppling fittings are included for double security. This cat mansion also comes with a wall anchor strap to attach it to the wall for extra stability when you have multiple cats using it as an activity center.
- [More Scratching Posts]: Natural sisal rope is highly resilient yet strong enough to withstand constant scratches, satisfying the instincts of your restless friends. Some sisal rope comes treated with chemical and oil coated on it - these aren’t necessary and are toxic for your cats. Look for real natural sisal rope with no chemical or oil added.
- [Quality Assurance]: COZIWOW is committed to product quality, we are committed to 100% product quality assurance of 1 year, only to give you the best products and Service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
2. Wall-Mounted CatastrophiCreations Cat Mod Gardens Set Review
From space-hogger to space-saver, if you want an elaborate tree but don’t have the room for the one above, turn to CatastrophiCreations.
We’ve seen this tree before when we talked about climbing walls for cats and we’ll probably see it again in the future because I adore it.
Features & Pros
- Totally modular wall-mounted system means you can put it anywhere anyway you like.
- The hammocks aren’t just an afterthought but an integral part of the design, so they’re extra sturdy.
- Each hammock holds up to 62lbs, so they’ll have zero issues holding your robust kitty.
- The design is gorgeous and doesn’t look gaudy in your home.
- Comes with handy little planters for some catnip or other kitty-safe herbs.
- Available in multiple colors & finishes to perfectly match your decor.
- The obvious con: it’s fairly pricey so it may be out of range for a lot of cat owners on a budget.
- You definitely need to know your walls, namely where the studs are located.
- The planters aren’t waterproof (the only major design flaw, in my opinion).
Honestly, aside from the price being out of my range, I can find very little wrong with CatastrophiCreations products.
The price is justified by the fact that it’s made with high-quality materials, though.
If your budget allows it and you really need a space-saver cat tree with hammocks, this is the one you want!
- Hand-crafted beautiful, large, and sleek design
- Perfect play structure to bring out the acrobat in your cat
- Gives cats an outlet for their climbing needs
- Fabric can be easily removed for washing
- Add a touch of the wild by adding cat friendly plants
- Age Range Description: All Stages
- Included Components: 9 Fabric Pieces
ALSO CHECK: Cat Tree for Ragdoll
3. Hey-bro Extra Large Multi-Level Cat Tree Review
If you need a traditional cat tree that can handle a large breed, the Hey-bro (interesting name, huh?) is a good option.
While this one doesn’t have swinging hammocks, it does have two fabulously plush nest-like hammocks that cats will love.
Features & Pros
- Overall size is 21.7″L x 21.7″W x 63.8″H, so it’s not a total beast but still big enough for cats to really get a workout.
- Includes two cozy hammocks that are securely attached to the poles.
- Sisal wraps the poles from top to bottom, giving kitty plenty of places to sharpen those claws.
- Caves are large enough for bigger cats like the Savannah.
- Comes with anti-toppling devices for added security.
- Perches are covered in super thick plush fabric for the ultimate napping spot.
- While the hammocks are great overall, they do wobble a bit, which may freak out some cats.
- The jump from the base to the first level is a bit steep for kittens, munchkin cats or seniors with joint problems.
- The dangling toy could be a safety hazard since it doesn’t break away.
I love that everything on this large breed cat tree is actually big enough for large kitties. While I don’t adore the toy, it’s easy enough to just snip off.
I wouldn’t recommend it for seniors or teeny kitties, just because that first level is so far off the ground.
Yes, it comes with a ladder, but honestly, my cats have never used the ladder on their tree in the 2+ years I’ve had it.
Bottom line: it’s a good buy for average to large breeds who are still in their agile years.
- 【CHECK OUT HIGHLIGHTS OF CAT TREE】Step-like jump multi-layer structure design; For more cats use; 2 roomy condos; 2 top large platform with internal extra-thick mat; Funny toys; Natural sisal rope.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL SPECIAL DESIGN】 Step-like jump multi-layer structure design of cat tower, convenient for cat's scratching, climbing, sleeping, and exercising; 2 roomy condos and 1 sturdy hammock offer luxurious napping experience for more cats use; interactive jingly balls and sisal twine to play with.
- 【COSY TO LOUNGE & EASY TO CLEAN】Top perch with thick padding at the bottom and rim makes a perfect napping lounge; ultra-soft plush gives the smoothest touch that your kitten will never get enough of, and raised edge of this perch allow your cat rest on its head while watching over the house.
- 【STABILITY IS ALWAYS PRIORITY】 Anti-toppling fittings are included for double security; Constructed by CARB-certified natural particle boards and strengthened with battens at the bottom to ensure overall stability; Reinforced posts are wrapped with natural sisal rope to allow nail scratching and promote exercising; satisfying the instincts of your restless kitten.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND NICE LOOKING】 Equipped with detailed instructions for quick and easy installation; easy to clean with high quality materials; fits in any room corner while adding an extra air of tastefulness with its classic color choices; perfect for large kitties/adult cats.
4. FEANDREA Sturdy Cat Tree With Hammock Review
FEANDREA is another brand that we’ve talked about before. Along with Go Pet Club, they’re among my favorite budget-friendly brands.
Unfortunately, the latter doesn’t really make good cat trees with hammocks, which is why they’re not on this list.
Features & Pros
- Overall size: 36.2″L x 35.4″W x 68.5″H
- Comes with two hammocks: a traditional one and a nest-style one.
- The traditional hammock attaches fairly securely, but the nest one is my favorite.
- Condo is roomy enough for most cat breeds.
- Includes a removable cat bowl that’s great for feeding kitty up high away from dogs and toddlers.
- The base is strengthened with battens (as in “batten down the hatches!”)
- Comes with anti-toppling devices for even more stability.
- FEANDREA is all about customer service and will go above & beyond to make sure you’re happy with your purchase.
- Sisal only covers the mid section of the poles. I prefer top to bottom coverage.
- Again, the dangly toy doesn’t break away so it could become a hazard.
- The house is only solid on the top and base. The sides are just fabric.
I love the added safety features that help keep this from tipping over. The toy is easily removed, so it’s not a huge deal.
It’s room enough for most cats without costing a small fortune, so that alone makes it a great pic for Maine Coon owners.
My only major issue is the sisal wrapping, or rather lack of it on the top and bottom of the poles.
If that bothers you, maybe you could add extra rope so it covers the entire pole.
- Cats-Only Club: Proud furry felines don't like it when their dog-roommate steals their food and rubs it in their face by wagging his tail. That's why there's an exclusive cat food bowl high up on this scratching tree
- For Little Kittens and Fluffy, Chubby Cats: If you have a whole flock of cats at home or if your house-tiger has become a little pudgy, the extra-large hammock, sleeping cave, cuddly basket and numerous platforms provide plenty of space
- Now More Stable: Whether a muscular Ragdoll cat or a large Savannah cat is prowling around in your home, this climbing tree offers extra stability thanks to anti-toppling devices, a base reinforced with wooden strips and robust sisal poles
- Lofty Height Retreat: Your cat can retreat to the cuddly upholstered viewing platform at a height of 64.6" if the hustle and bustle in your home becomes too much for her, or if she wants to rest after a wild mouse hunt
- Surprise Your Feline Friends: Treat your cats with this cat condo as a gift, and give them a cozy place to climb, scratch, and relax
5. Space-Saving ZNWIYE Cat Tree Condo Review
Last on our list of the best cat trees with hammocks: a space-saving budget-friendly pick under $100.
The ZNWIYE (don’t even ask me how to say that) is a compact & lightweight without scrimping on features that cats love.
Features & Pros
- Overall size is 24 x 18.5 x 35.2
- Surprisingly roomy for such a compact tree, with large platforms & perches.
- The hammock is a nest-style deal that’s large enough for a medium to smaller end of the large spectrum.
- Covered in cozy high-quality plush that’s soft & comfy for your kitty.
- Sisal rope wraps the poles from top to bottom (yay!).
- Easy to assemble.
- ZNWIYE as a seller has excellent reviews as well, so you can feel confident that they’ll solve any issues that may arise.
- While the platform & hammock is roomy, the condos are a bit too small for larger cats.
- No added stability features, so it can be wobbly.
- Once again, the dangling toy can be a safety hazard (cats can get twisted up in it).
Overall, this is a good option for cat owners who don’t have a lot of space and/or extra cash for one of the bigger cat trees with hammocks.
While it’s lacking in stability features, it’s low to the ground so I’m not too concerned with that particular con.
Pardon my repetition, but the toy is easy enough to remove, so it doesn’t have a huge impact on my opinion.
I love that the seller has so many positive reviews, too. It gives me more confidence in buying.
If you have the budget (and walls) for it, definitely go with the CatastrophiCreations.
It’s just so unique & stylish that you really can’t go wrong with it!
However, if you can’t hang massive cat tree systems on your walls, I find that you can never go wrong with FEANDREA.
That said, if you have the room for it, the Tangkula is just so incredibly neat!
What about you? Which of these cat trees with hammocks would you buy? Do you love any others that I didn’t mention? Share below!
Nicole is one of the writers here on CatVills. She’s been a cat lover most of her life and-at one point- counted five felines as part of her family. Today, she’s proud cat mom to two indoor kitties and caregiver for a slew of ferals.
Learn more about Nicole Here
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API