Are you wondering what amazing Litter-Robot accessories you can purchase?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
Learn more about how you can upgrade your self-cleaning litter box and make you and your cat happier right here.
Let’s get started!
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Get access to premium support, automatic accessories deliveries, free robot upgrades, and more for $29/month at iRobot.com! Sign up now and receive a up to $100 off your Activation Fee!
Litter Robot Accessories at a Glance
- Litter-Robot Ramp – Great for elderly cats or pets with mobility issues.
- Litter-Robot Fence – Reduce tracking.
- Litter-Robot Carbon Filters – Prevent foul odors.
- Litter-Robot Waste Liners – Thick and fits well.
- LR Backup Battery Kit – Backup power source.
- Seal Strips – Easy to install.
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
Top 6 Litter-Robot Accessories – Buying Guide
There are good reasons why Litter Robot 3 Self Cleaning Litter Box is one of the best automatic litter boxes for cats. It’s great at controlling unpleasant odors, easy to maintain, and suitable for multiple cats.
Moreover, as this cat owner states, “Its sifting mechanism seems to work more reliably than that of virtually any other automatic litter box.” (1)
But do you need any Litter-Robot 3 accessories to improve the performance of your unit?
Some accessories, such as Litter-Robot steps, fences, and filters, are useful for controlling scattering and odors around the house. Others, like the battery kit, come in handy during power outages.
So, let’s take a look at what accessories you can buy for this self-cleaning cat toilet box and what makes them so great!
Take a look at what this expert has to say about the different accessories available.
LR ramp is made from durable material with a textured surface to trap particles when your cat exits the toilet box. It also has non-slip feet to keep it from moving. I really love these features.
But, what makes this ramp so useful? As one Reddit user says, “It will save you from having litter all over the floor if your cat is a jumper!”(2)
That’s because most cats jump right out of the globe instead of using the entry step, scattering debris particles everywhere.
This is exactly what I experienced and it got very frustrating always having to sweep up pieces of litter.
The ramp is designed to catch the litter from paws, preventing it from making a mess in your household. And it’s great for elderly cats or pets with mobility issues, providing a gentle walkway to the toilet box.
Moreover, the ramp is super easy to install since you don’t need any tools:
- Remove the black rubber step mat.
- You should see the mount for the ramp.
- Place the narrow end of the ramp in the holes.
- Reattach the rubber mat.
Check this video to see how to install the Litter-Robot 3 ramp and remove it to access the waste drawer. I promise you will do it easily.
Unfortunately, not all cats like to use ramps. One tip I was told by a friend that I found useful is to encourage your pet with treats to use the steps when exiting/entering the globe.
Also, keep in mind that the ramp measures 13.8″ x 21.8,” so it takes extra space.
Learn more about the litter robot flashing blue light by reading our separate guide!
Does your feline friend like to kick sand in all directions when using their toilet box? Then you need a fence to keep kicked-up litter and prevent messes by keeping everything inside the globe, reducing tracking around the house.
A fence also keeps your cat’s tail inside the unit, so there’s no chance of you stepping on it by accident or another cat pouncing on the hanging tail.
If you have more than one cat, you just know how they like to stalk and pounce on their friends at the worst moments!
The fence is also available in bright orange color to make it noticeable at night, and it’s easy to clean with a mild detergent.
As for Litter-Robot fence installation, it’s a simple process:
- Take the fence, place it upright inside the globe and tilt it to alight the fence’s back channel with the globe’s rubber kickguard.
- Snap the fence over the globe’s lip and ensure the three tabs are well-secured.
- The fence should be perfectly horizontal, or it can fall when the unit is cycling.
Check this video for a demonstration of how to install and remove the fence.
In general, you can use an automatic cat box without carbon filters. But it’s going to get smelly very quickly, especially inside the waste bin, so I suggest you always use them.
As such, carbon filers are a useful product for absorbing the nasty waste drawer odor and preventing your automatic unit from smelling bad.
And who wants to walk into the house to that lovely litter box aroma if you can do something about it with an easy fix!
Depending on how many cats you have, you need to change the carbon filters every month (for multiple cats) or every couple of months (for a single cat).
And as you can see from this video, changing the filter takes no more than a couple of minutes.
So, while LR carbon filters are expensive, they do an excellent job at containing odors and keeping the waste drawer fresh. You also can have them shipped to you every month.
- CUSTOM FIT FOR LITTER-ROBOT 3: Keep your home smelling fresh with these Litter-Robot 3 replacement carbon filters, designed to absorb odors and control moisture in the waste drawer.
- HELPS REDUCE UNPLEASANT ODORS: Carbon Filters absorb odors in the Litter-Robot waste drawer, keeping it smelling fresh and helping to reduce those telltale litter box smells.
- REPLACE AT YOUR OWN FREQUENCY: For optimal odor absorption, we recommend changing your Litter-Robot 3 filter every month, but you may need to swap more or less often based on your cat's usage patterns.
- EASY TO INSTALL, NO TOOLS REQUIRED: Just pull out the waste drawer, remove the old filter from the hooks on the front wall, and slide in the new litter box filter replacement.
- DESIGNED & ASSEMBLED IN THE USA FOR 20 YEARS: Whisker is the leading innovator in pet technology and refined pet accessories. Our US-based customer service team is best reached directly via the Whisker website.
ALSO READ: Litter Robot 3 Coupon
LR waste liners come in a bag of 25, 50, or 100, and you can subscribe to have them shipped to your address every month, every two months, or every three months.
Thanks to these LR custom-made waste liners, you never have to get your hands dirty. You just toss the liner bag in the thrash whenever the bag gets full.
These waste liners are great because they are thick and fit the Litter-Robot perfectly.
In general, a pack of 50 liners should be enough to last you a year with a single cat or half a year for two cats.
Installing a new liner is also very easy:
- Take one waste liner and roll down the edges four times.
- Insert the rolled edges into the tabs at the back of the drawer.
- Work your way up the front making sure the liner is tight.
- Insert the other edges into the tabs in the front.
- Check this video for a demonstration
If you live in a place with frequent power issues, getting a backup battery kit will keep your device running for up to 48 hours. So, you won’t be running around looking for alternative litter boxes.
It is also great to have a backup power source for your Litter-Robot if you lose power from a storm.
Unfortunately, you may have problems installing the battery kit by yourself since you need to be comfortable disassembling the unit. I admit, I love having this accessory, but it did take some time and patience to get it installed.
Watch this video to see how to do it properly.
#6 Seal Strips
Worm seal strips are one of the common reasons why your Litter-Robot smells bad. They seal the waster drawer to prevent litter odor leakage, so it gets stinky when they start peeling.
Fortunately, the seal strips are cheap, and as you can see from this video, they’re easy to install.
Just be careful to purchase the right strips that are suitable for your LR model.Get access to premium support, automatic accessories deliveries, free robot upgrades, and more for $29/month at iRobot.com! Sign up now and receive a up to $100 off your Activation Fee!
What Other Litter-Robot Accessories Are There?
I hope you like the six main helpful Litter-Robot accessories I’ve detailed. But that’s not everything. You can also consider purchasing the following pet accessories:
- OdorTrap – it helps reduce odors, especially in a multiple-cat household, and you can attach it to a regular litter box.
- LR 3 Connect Upgrade Kit – it allows you to upgrade and connect your LR unit to the WiFi to control it remotely. But you’ll have to install it by yourself.
- Trap Mat – it’s excellent for reducing litter scatter around the house.
- Sprays and wipes – they’re great for maintaining your unit clean.
- Premium clumping litter – it’s one of the best brands for LR.
Litter-Robot is amazing at its job and comes with a great choice of accessories. It is highly popular for a reason. Even veterinarians love it. See what one vet has to say about this awesome product.
Do cats need the ramp for the Litter-Robot?
No, cats can use this automatic toilet box without a ramp. The ramp is useful if your cat is a jumper and scatters debris on its way out of the box, preventing litter tracking.
How do you clean a Litter-Robot mat?
To clean a Litter-Robot mat, shake the mat to lose any trapped particles, and then vacuum it with a suitable vacuuming machine for cat litter.
Does Litter-Robot come with a fence?
No, you have to purchase the fence separately if you want to reduce tracking around the house.
What is the best litter to use in a Litter-Robot?
The best litter to use in a Litter-Robot is a good quality clumping variety. However, some cats are particular. Blue Lake Veterinary suggests that you “provide a variety of set-up combinations until you discover which your cat will use the most.” 
What is one of the best benefits of a Litter-Robot?
One of the best benefits of a Litter-Robot is it keeps the cat toilet clean. Yody Blass, a companion animal expert says automatic litter boxes help prevent “inappropriate elimination issues” 
You don’t need to purchase additional Litter-Robot accessories, but they make life easier, help you keep your house mess-free, and reduce odors such as litter robot cabinets and the like.
And most of these accessories aren’t that expensive, so they’re worth considering, especially for cat owners with enthusiastic diggers and jumpers.
What do you think about this topic? Which Litter-Robot accessories are your favorite? Share your customer experience in the comment section.
1. Cats AA. Unbiased Litter Robot 3 Connect Review: We Tested It [Internet]. All About Cats. 2022. Available from: https://allaboutcats.com/litter-robot-review
2. r/litterrobot – Ramp / Other Accessories Necessary? [Internet]. reddit. 2018. Available from: https://www.reddit.com/r/litterrobot/comments/odhtnl/ramp_other_accessories_necessary/
3. Bringing Home a New Cat: Litter Box Tips | Blue Lake Animal Hospital | Caledonia Veterinarians [Internet]. Blue Lake Animal Hospital. 2021. Available from: https://bluelakeveterinary.com/bringing-home-a-new-cat-litter-box-tips/
4. Is a Self-Cleaning Litter Box Really Less Work? [Internet]. www.petmd.com. Available from: https://www.petmd.com/cat/care/self-cleaning-litter-box-really-less-work
I’ve grown up surrounded by animals – dogs, cats, cows, goats, sheep, and horses and that has shaped me into what I am today – a crazy cat lady who always has a place for one more cat (or a dog). I’ve got two female cats – Kitty and Roni, and two tomcats – Blacky and Shaggy, but I also feed my neighbors’ cats when they come for a visit. I just can’t say no to them.
I discovered that writing is my vocation early in my school years. Since then I’ve taken part in several literature contests – writing horror and fantasy short stories and novellas.
For the past three years, I’ve been an ELS teacher, pouring my heart into showing children and teenagers how important English is for their future and trying to educate them how to treat their pets with care.
Learn more about Grigorina here
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API