Looking for the best quiet water fountains for cats?
We’ve got you covered!
Read on to discover our top five picks!
Plus, find out why you’d want a cat water fountain in the first place!
Let’s get started!
Best Quiet Water Fountains for Cats
Hydration is a very important aspect of raising a healthy and beautiful kitty.
Having water accessible to them 24/7 takes less pressure off you as well. Running water appeals to your cats and encourages them to drink.
Cats have a very low thirst drive, so a cat fountain can help with regulating your cat’s drinking habits.
Let’s take a look at quiet water fountains made especially for felines.
After all, you don’t want the sound of running water audible and have it affect your bladder!
Check out the table for a quick peek, then keep reading for complete reviews!
1. IPETTIE Tritone Ceramic Pet Drinking Fountain
When I shop for a permanent addition to my house, the first thing I think about is aesthetics.
Now I know that’s not the most important thing, but as luck would have it, this quiet feline water fountain from IPETTIE happens to match any interior!
It comes in a few different colors too!
- Made of high-quality natural ceramic
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly material
- Dual filtration
- Quiet operation
- Easy to clean
- Large Capacity
- Pump delay when turned off and on
- Expensive replacement filters
- Too strong water stream
While the water stream may be a bit too strong from some kitties, for the most part this is a highly rated option.
The pretty clam shell style looks great in any home, too!
- Healthy Material and Design: Tritone Cat Water Fountain is made of high-quality natural ceramic, eco-friendly and non-toxic. Triple free-falling design streams add more oxygen in fresh water and attract your pets to drink more.
- Dual Filtration System: Mechanical filtration with a foam filter surrounding the pump prevents pets’ hair and other debris from the pump and the tank. Chemical filtration with carbon and charcoal helps to remove bad odors and tastes.
- Whisper-quiet Operation: The CE certificated IP68 waterproof pump runs with 2W low consumption. The only sound you may hear is the water dripping through the strainer into the bowl.
- Large Capacity: With 71oz / 2.1L capacity, this water fountain can provide enough water for a pet to drink 2 weeks or above, perfect for short trip lovers, as you will be free from frequent water replenishment and no need to worry about water shortage of your furry babies!
- Ease Set-up and Cleaning: This water fountain can be easily set up and disassembled with detachable parts in a few steps. All parts can be washed (except the plug) or wiped with a sponge or even rag.
2. Happypapa Automatic Cat Water Fountain
I love how Happypapa is thoughtful enough to include a waterproof mat to place under the fountain.
This protects your floors from any splash damage and looks extra cute too!
The low powered pump will disperse the water in different directions in thin streams to also minimize the chances of getting your poor kitty up the nose.
The three adjustable levels of water flow are perfect for kitties that love variety.
- Large capacity
- BPA-free, non-toxic and odorless material
- Ultra silent pump
- 3 water flow settings
- Easy to clean
- Carbon filter filters and softens water
- Somewhat weak motor
- Doesn’t last long
Although this one doesn’t seem to be built to last, the price is right for a starter cat water fountain.
It’s a great way to test the waters (so to speak) and make sure your cat will even drink out of a fountain, as some won’t!
- [2.5L Larger Capacity] Happypapa Automatic pet fountain meet about 35 days need of your pets. A creative pet fountain with fresh filter water for your cat, dogs, birds and other pets of various sizes. No need to replenish water frequently. Don’t worry if you go out for a long time.
- [Environment-friendly Material & Easy To Clean]: BPA-free, non-toxic and odorless. Happypapa pet water fountain made of finely polished PP resin material and obtains food-grade certification, which can be used safely and securely. Quick-release components for convenient disassembly and cleaning.
- [Super Silent & Low Consumption]: With the super silent pump, the cat & dog water fountain gives you and your pets a quiet comfortable environment. 2W low power consumption pump can operate a total of 10,000 hours, and running for up to one week under dry condition.
- [3 Different Water Flow Setting]: Flower waterfall, flower bubble and gentle fountain. The water circulation system increases the contact area of water and air and provide more oxygen to the water, bringing health and vitality to pets.
- [Easy to Cleaning and Maintenance]: Replacement fountain filters 1 to 2 weeks in summer; 2 to 4 weeks in winter. Clean the pump once a month.
3. MOSPRO Pet Fountain Cat Water Dispenser
One thing I know that weighs on my mind is my cat’s safety. Especially for something she will use to ingest food/water, it must be proven to be safe.
Mospro has attained a food-grade certificate for this product. This means the quiet cat water dispenser is 100% safe for your precious feline.
What’s even better (or at least a close second) is the reusable filters!
Air-dry the filters to use again because as you know, replaceable parts can really run up the bill.
- Large capacity
- Certified environmentally friendly and safe material
- Silent pump
- 30-day full refund
- 12-month warranty
- All-day everyday tech support
- Easy to clean
- The pump doesn’t last long
Although some customers complain about leaking and the pump failing, for the most part this is one of the most highly-rated options on the list.
It’s definitely worth a try, especially since far more people have good experiences with it than bad.
- 【FUN & 2L LARGE CAPACITY】 No need to replenish water frequently and it can not only meet the drinking needs of cats, dogs, birds and other pets of various sizes, but also a natural bird bath and a funny pet toy. The stored water can be used for one month.
- 【ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY MATERIAL】 Obtains food-grade certification. Simple quick-release structure is designed for easy removal and cleaning.
- 【SUPER SILENT & LOW CONSUMPTION】 With the super silent pump, you can hardly hear the sound of water. With 2W low power consumption, and run dry for up to one week.
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】 3 water flow settings: flower waterfall, flower bubble and gentle fountain mode. The recessed sink and water circulation system are designed to increase the contact area of water and air, and provide more oxygen to the water, bringing health and vitality to pets. Stylish appearance design with blue color - the cats and dogs’ favorite color.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】 Equipped with two pieces of replaceable filters, which can be used repeatedly after drying in the sun, (please rinse the filter cotton thoroughly before use). 24-hour professional service center, full refund within 30 days, 12 months warranty and 24/7/365 technical support.
4. PETKIT Cat Water Fountain
The next option is a very modern design if you ask me. It blends in quite well with your tech devices you could have lying around.
No one would ever guess it’s a pet fountain! The smart model has reminders when its time to change the filter or when it’s low on water.
What really drew me to this design is the fact that you can fill it with warm water!
This is great for those of you who live in colder climates, because we all know cats don’t like to be cold.
- Quadruple purification
- Super quiet fountain
- Automatic alerts and safety shut-off
- Low power consumption
- Works with warm water
- Some customers complain of a dysfunctional motor
If you want something sleek and simple, this is a good choice.
While complaints about the motor dying is definitely a red flag, if you keep up with maintenance you shouldn’t have an issue.
- 【INNOVATIVE DESIGN】PETKIT EVERSWEET 2 automatic cat fountain, Reddot Design Winner for its stylish and unique shape. The circulation system helps provide healthy and hygienic water for your beloved pets all day! And it is easy to use and clean
- 【RELIABLE & SAFE】2L/68oz cat drinking fountain that is made with FDA approved ABS material, which will provide long-lasting strength as well as a safe drinking experience for years to come. The special design encourages your pet to drink more. 4 x FOAM Replacement Filters are included
- 【SMART & QUIET】With PETKIT’s Silent Pump, the cat water dispenser will work quietly throughout the day. SMART MODE will automatically adjust the water stream in order to reduce the power consumption and stay quiet. The pet fountain only uses 1 KW-h/3 Months while working with smart mode
- 【FRESH & HEALTHY】Quadruple Filtration System includes a fur-proof mesh, water loop pulp filter, activated carbon filter and ion exchange resin to purify the water, remove hair, dirt and food particles. This cat fountain water bowl will provide clean fresh water for your pet and prevent your pet from urinary and kidney diseases
- 【INTELLIGNT DESIGN】Embedded smart LED lights will indicate water shortage and when you need to replace the filter. And the pump will shut off automatically, when it senses the lack of water in the fountain
5. Enjoy Pet Cat Water Fountain
With a more innovative style and lower power consumption, I really like this one as well.
The filter lasts anywhere from 20-30 days, which is almost three times as long as the regular options.
You are able to detach and wash the pumps as well and they last for over two years!
So if you are looking for a durable model, which I’m sure you are, this is a great option!
- 1-year guarantee
- Safe and non-toxic materials
- Extremely quiet
- Large capacity
- 4 water flow settings
- Can be a bit confusing to assemble
- Too lightweight
Like I said above, if you want something durable yet still budget-friendly, this is a great option.
The long warranty gives me a lot of confidence in the product!
- Upgraded Pump with 1 Year Guarantee: This pump features intelligent power-off protection, quite, removable and washable.(Quick-release components for convenient dis-assembly and cleaning.) There is probe protection device on the pump for water shortage and power failure. It means it will power-off automatic for protecting the pump when the water level is below the probe. So when the water level is higher than the probe, the pump will work again.
- Safe & Non-toxic: ENJOY PET automatic drinking fountain with filter is strictly made by food-grade thick plastics conform to environmental protection standards, drinking more at ease and security. It’s no harm to your cat, dog, bird or other small animals. (Please replace the filter every 2 to 4 weeks)
- Amazingly Quiet & Long Life: There's almost no sound when running, it is a great water dispenser for animals and definitely won’t disturb you and your pet. Ultra low power consumption(1.5W) and the pump’s service life can up to 20,000hrs (2 year) as well it is USB connector, which is easier to find replacement than other AC pump.
- 2L(70oz)Large Capacity Water Bowl: That is enough for your cats, dogs, birds and other small animal to drink for several days. You don’t have to replenish water constantly, at ease to go to work or even go on holiday.
- 4 Different Water Flow: There are flower waterfall, flower bubble, bubble fountain and gentle fountain can be changed to appeal to picky drinkers.
What to Look for When Buying Quiet Cat Water Fountains
The larger the capacity, the less time you need to refill and monitor the water levels.
I think this is especially important for those of us who lead busy lives.
Having to worry if my cat has water to drink when I’m out of the house is definitely the last thing I want to think about.
Find a cat fountain with a large capacity and save yourself the trouble!
The deeper the bowls are the less of a mess your kitty will make and the more water it can hold.
Bending over too far can be uncomfortable for your older arthritic cats as well, so you want to ease up on their joints with a higher bowl.
Water Stream Settings
As I have heard from some other cat parents and experienced myself, if the fountain has a strong stream, it gets my cat right in the face.
This can put him or her off of the fountain altogether. Having a few settings will help you determine which one your cat likes best.
As a water fountain is hopefully something your cat will come to rely on every day, you definitely want to look for one made from safe, BPA-free, non-toxic and hopefully certified material.
This ensures your cat will be safe drinking from the fountain. You also want the material to be hefty so it doesn’t move around easily.
Preferably look for one with a non-skid bottom or one that comes with a non-slip pad.
Last but not least, find one made of durable materials so the fountain lasts for more than a few months.
A proper and effective filtration system is imperative to a good cat fountain.
Not only does it filter through all the debris and any sort of “impurity”, but it also eliminates odors and improves the taste of the water.
Look for at least dual-stage filtration, but go up to quadruple for extra peace of mind.
The filter should be easily replaceable or cleaned, although I prefer the reusable ones. They are eco-friendly and save you a few bucks!
Easy to Clean
This is a personal preference, but I feel it’s still a very important factor to consider.
We can all get a bit lazy from time to time (whether we like to admit it or not), and an easy to clean fountain will give us more inclination to clean it more frequently.
Be aware that mold MAY develop if the filter and fountain aren’t cleaned regularly. So for the sake of your feline, remember to clean it at least once a week!
Why a Cat Fountain?
As we mentioned before, cats don’t have a very active thirst drive, and this could be detrimental to their health.
Coming up with creative ways to attract them to the water is a way to solve this natural defect.
The movement of the water activates their prey drive and entices them to drink more.
Research has found that moving water is fresher tasting than a stagnant bowl.
You can even feel free to add flavors to your cat’s water and put multiple drinking stations throughout the house.
If I could only choose one out of five these amazing quiet water fountains for cats, it would have to be PETKIT Pet Water Fountain.
This is because it’s a smart and automated design that takes more stress off of you.
It reminds you to change the water and filters, maintaining a high quality of life for your pet!
Your turn! Which of these quiet water fountains for cats would you try first? Share below!
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API