If you’re looking for the best cat trees that attach to the wall, you’ll want to stick around.
While we’ve discussed wall-mounted trees here and there in the past, today we’re really diving into the topic.
First, look over the things to consider before hanging one up on your wall!
Then, check out my favorites.
You may also love these modular cat trees!
Our Favorite Wall-Mounted Cat Tree
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
What to look for in cat trees that attach to wall
Wall-mounted cat trees are fantastic for those of us who lack floor space in our homes, but you do have to put a little more thought into buying one.
A few things to ask yourself:
- Do you know your walls? You’ll need to locate and use the studs for most (if not all) cat trees that attach to the wall.
- Can you get someone to help you mount them? Most of the wall-mounted cat trees below are hard to install alone.
- Are you even allowed to put holes in your wall? If you rent, you’ll want to check with your landlord first!
- Is it safe for your cat? Yes, that goes for ALL cat trees, but wall-mounted models can cause a lot more damage to your kitty if they fall down.
- Where will you put it? If the only good, unused wall in your house is in a room that kitty never visits, a wall-mounted tree is kind of pointless!
10 Best Wall-Mounted Cat Trees
Once upon a time (like two weeks ago), Amazon had a ton of really great wall-mounted cat trees. Sadly, a lot of them are either unavailable or took a ratings nose-dive.
Since I promised you the BEST cat trees that attach to the wall, I turned to my other go-to sources: CatsPlayFurniture, Etsy, and Wayfair.
That said, there are a few on Amazon that I like (including one that’s not even technically a cat tree).
Use the table below for a quick peek. I’ll share a second table farther down with the rest of the batch.
1. CatastrophiCreations Cat Gardens
CatastrophiCreations makes some of the neatest wall-mounted cat trees. Unfortunately, quite a few of their complexes are no longer available on Amazon.
Fortunately, though, this one still is, and it’s my favorite of all. Fair warning, though, it’s not cheap!
Features & Pros
- Hand-crafted and beautiful
- Fabric is removable and can be washed
- Planters actually hold real live plants (sold separate, and see note in cons though)
- Modular system, so you can set it up however you want
- Patented Cat Mod bracket makes them look like they’re floating on your wall.
- Multiple color options for the wood
- Includes canvas fabric, a 4-ft Vertical sisal-lined pole, 18” Sisal-lined escape hatch, 8 Mounting planks, 2 Ladder pieces, and pots.
- Hammocks hold up to 62 lbs, making them sturdy enough for large (or just fat) cats.
- Plant pots leak
- Screws that come with it prone to snapping, according to one reviewer.
While this one is way out of my price range, I do think it’s absolutely beautiful.
If you need something modular and prefer something that blends in well with your decor, you can’t go wrong here.
- Hand-crafted beautiful, large, and sleek design
- Perfect play structure to bring out the acrobat in your cat
- Gives cats an outlet for their climbing needs
- Fabric can be easily removed for washing
- Add a touch of the wild by adding cat friendly plants
- Age Range Description: All Stages
- Included Components: 9 Fabric Pieces
2. Kerbl Cat Tree Dolomit Tofana XL Wall Mounted
The Kerbl is a wonderful choice if you want something that looks more like an upscale yet still traditional cat tree but that also mounts on the wall.
Another fair warning about the price, though- while the unit itself isn’t too shocking, shipping on it is! See cons below.
Features & Pros
- Sturdy construction, well-made
- 6 levels, including a comfy top perch.
- Condo for kitties to hide in
- Unique and modern design.
- Woven fabric cushions attach with Velcro and are removable
- Shipping isn’t free. In fact, it’s so far from free that it’s in a completely different time zone! Expect to pay $150+ extra for it.
- Fabric is not as durable as the tree, rips easily.
- Not modular, all shelves have to go exactly where you see them in the picture
I won’t lie, that shipping cost is a major shocker. Keep in mind, though, that it’s coming from overseas (the UK, I believe), hence the mega fee.
The style is fabulous, and I like that you can remove the cushions and wash them (or replace them, if need be).
I’m not sure this is large enough for bigger breeds, though. The bottom shelf and the cubby definitely aren’t, but some of the other shelves are hit or miss.
- with wall mounting
- woven fabric cushion with Velcro strap, removable. Incl. screws
- height: 185 cm. Cave: ø 40 x 30 cm. Bed: diameter 45 x 8 cm. Lie down area: ø 45 cm
- hammock: 45 x 30 cm. Middle bed area: 70 x 40 cm
- post: ø 10 cm. Sisal glued to the posts
3. BIG NOSE- Wall Mounted Cat Scratching Post/Tree
If the prices on the first two are enough to make you want to cry, take heart my friend.
This one by Big Nose costs less than $50 yet still offers kitty tons of fun.
Features & Pros
- Easy to install and extend to different heights.
- Fits well anywhere, including in corners.
- 43″ tall, but you can combine sets to make it stretch from floor to ceiling.
- Super sturdy.
- Made with safe and/or natural materials.
- While description says it’s good for cats up to 15 lbs, most reviewers say it’s best for petite cats.
- Mats in the picture are NOT included.
For those who prefer carpet-free cat trees but don’t have the budget for something super pricey, the Big Nose is a good option.
The price point is fantastic, and most reviewers absolutely love it. Many say that it outlasts their pricier wall-mounted structures.
It’s not a good pick for those of us with larger cats, though. I’d say skip it if kitty weighs more than about 10 lbs.
- Easy to install and fully extendable. Multivel can be adapted to any wall in different angel: Besides the window, behind the door or even in the coner, as long as going with the right screws. The total height for one set is 43''. If piping up two sets together, it will reach to a "floor to ceiling" size and with 6 levels.
- High Quality and Sturdy. The diameter of the post is 3.5'' and each of them are connected by 2.75'' stainless steel screws. Totally three barkets will be applied to mount all posts nicely on wall. Two 0.7'' thickness solidwood rest board which can hold up to 15 LBS . For all the size of components , pls head to description.
- Right propotion for M size cat (below 15LBS ). The modle cat in picture gallery is 15 lbs, adult male.
- Every component is replacable and available from Bignose. Revising, renewing and restructuring is easy.
- Natural and Safe for home. Jute rolling, natural solid pinewood steps and soft carpet hammock are all safe and tested to human and animal.
4. Industrial Pipe Shelving as a Cat Tree
Remember how I said one of the options wasn’t a cat tree at all? Well, here you go! Industrial pipe shelving is all the rage lately, and it makes for a brilliant cat tree alternative.
I chose this set because it comes with three different types of shelves.
Features & Pros
- Each tier holds 180 lbs, so it’ll hold your kitty.
- Made with solid wood and sturdy iron pipes
- Alternating shelves to construct a tree for both young and old kitties.
- Easy to assemble
- Even easier to clean
- The depth can be an issue for large cats, shelves are less than 8″ deep
- Screws that come with it aren’t all that great
I really love the idea of using wall shelves (be it this set or something else entirely) to create a wall-mounted cat tree.
Personally, I’d wrap some of the pipes in sisal or jute.
Then, I’d grab a super cozy & stylish carpet remnant, slap some Velco on it (and the shelves), and add that for comfy sleeping surfaces.
- 1.Attractive Appearance - Elevate your living room’s aesthetic appeal with the set of 3 Staggered Pipe Floating Shelf. Crafted with fashionable industrial flair, this elegant wall accent piece sports a bare metal pipe base finished in black. A decorative gauge and a valve knob heighten the industrial appeal.
- 2.Multifunctional Shelf - The pipes hold together five durable solid wood shelves of varying levels. Its versatility lets you set them in a straight configuration or angled for a corner wall display. Great for contemporary spaces or urban abodes, this statement piece is perfect for displaying picture frames, books, a prized collection, or tiny trinkets that are worth showing off.
- 3.High Quality Floating Shelf - Strong construction for years of enjoyment. Constructed with durable solid wood and sturdy iron pipe that bears high weigh.
- 4.Easy to Use - Easy to assemble, hang and clean. All mounting hardware and necessary instruction are included.
- 5.100% Risk-Free Purchase - We promise 30 days money-back guarantee and worry-free-12 month quality warranty for all our Products. We provide professional customer service before and after purchase. Please don't wait any longer and enjoy it now!
Here’s that second table I promised you. Prices are estimates and accurate as of today.
|Rating||N/A||5 stars||4.5 stars||5 stars||4.5 stars||4.5 stars|
|Feature||Expandable||Eco-friendly||8 pieces||Unique||Simple design||Affordable|
5. Cat Wall Climbing Package on CatsPlayFurniture
The picture above may not look like much, but this line of modular wall-mounted systems is actually really neat.
This particular set comes with the tunnel and two ramps- both of which are larger than they appear without context. Maybe this will help put it into perspective a bit better:
Features & Pros
- Mix and match sets to create the perfect wall gym for your cat
- Made in the USA
- Tube is 12″ in diameter and 18″ long
- Ramps are 32″ and 48″ long, and 8″ wide
- All hardware is included for both Drywall and Plaster Wall installation
- 13 color options (give your first and second choice when you order)
- Add on additional ramps for $45 each
- Ships free
- No carpet-free option
- Takes up to two weeks to ship (it’s custom made)
- All one color (can’t do ramps in one and tunnel in another)
While it is kind of pricey (this set will run you just under $250 regularly, just over $210 on sale), CatsPlayFurniture sells some really terrific and high-end stuff.
I’m not too sure that the tunnel or the ramps will accommodate a large breed unless he’s fairly lithe, so I’d stick with this one for small to average kitties.
6. WALL-MOUNTED MODERN CAT TREE HOUSE
Over on Etsy, this tree by PetsHelperCo has quickly risen the ranks of my favorite cat trees overall, not just when it comes to wall-mounted options.
Features & Pros
- Made with eco-friendly real wood
- Includes 7 pieces- 5 hexagons, a step, and a cute little house
- Two size options- standard and large
- The large is plenty big enough for big kitties like Maine Coons
- Three options for the wood color
- Non-toxic stains and paints
- Kitty can enter and exit from multiple sides
- Free shipping
- Super pricey!
- Shelf is a bit too small, even on the large model
Like I said, this one has quickly become one of my favorites. If I had the cash for it, I’d snatch it right up.
Everything about it is beautiful, and I love that- aside from the shelf- it’s big enough for large breed kit-kats!
7. ACatsDomain 8-piece cat tree house
I know the picture is a bit fuzzy & dark, but don’t let that stop you from taking a closer look at this Etsy find.
Hey, you don’t have to be a professional photographer to build great cat furniture, right?
Features & Pros
- Made with high-quality birch wood.
- Sisal-wrapped poles
- Very roomy house
- Free shipping
- Made in the US
- 90-day guarantee (for defects)
- Available unstained, or with two different types of finish
- Somewhat pricey, but fair for a handmade item
- Takes about 1-2 weeks to ship
- A giant price jump from unstained to stained ($50+)
While I’m not loving the massive price jump from unstained to stained, I do have to admit that I know nothing about the cost of staining something. Maybe it’s justified?
Other than that, though, I love that this one comes with so many different pieces. That condo looks super roomy, so a Maine Coon should be able to use it.
8. Wall-mounted World Map Cat Set
Sticking around on Etsy, we find what has to be one of the most unique and creative cat trees that attach to a wall ever.
Kitty can sharpen her claws on South America, hang down under in Australia, or cross her very own land bridge from North America to Europe.
Features & Pros
- Made with premium materials, like real birch wood, fleece, and cotton rope
- Order add-on pieces through their Etsy shop to make your whole wall a mega-world cat gym.
- Stylish all around, from the neutral cotton rope to the unstained wood.
- Environmentally friendly materials
- The hammock is washable
- It’s a budget-killer price-wise
- Shipping is $100+
- Ships from Russia, so it takes a while to arrive
If I had the wall space and the money, I’d but this and put it up in my bedroom (since I’m already dreaming of my #1 pick for my living room).
I do think it’s best for smaller cats, though. The bridge and bed don’t really look MC-friendly.
Then again, since it’s a handmade item, you may be able to contact the seller about different sizes.
9. CatWallFurniture Climbing Set
Our Etsy journey takes us from over-the-top creative to simple yet elegant with this next find.
The Cat Wall Furniture set comes with the hammock bed, three perches, and five smaller steps.
Features & Pros
- Modular, set it up however you want.
- Affordable, especially for a handmade item.
- Holds up to 60 lbs
- Buy extra steps and perches for a reasonable price to make a larger structure
- 7 canvas color options
- Choose from unfinished or add a finish (9 options) for $20 more
- Made in the US, free shipping
- Not “floating” shelves, they come with white or gray brackets
- Not big enough for large breed cats
I mention the “not floating” issue because someone complained about it on Etsy, even though the seller is pretty clear about the type of brackets you get.
That said, I’m not really sure what one expects there. I mean, you need some sort of bracket to hold it up, right?
If you want them to look like they’re “floating,” then go out and get brackets in the same color as your wall.
So, ignoring that, the only real issue is the size. It just doesn’t look wide enough for a big kitty.
Again, though, if you’re in love with the set, contact the seller. Maybe you can work something out!
10. Gabby Cat Perch
For this last one, we’ll head on over to Wayfair and find out if they really do have just what you need!
I originally saw this one on Amazon, but it doesn’t seem to be there anymore. Fortunately, Wayfair ships free, too, right?
Features & Pros
- Super affordable, and it’s on sale for even less right now.
- Comes with 2 climbing steps, a perch, and a little condo
- Condo includes a cushion
- Stylish colors
- For cats up to 15 lbs
- Sisal-wrapped scratching surfaces
- Super plush perch
- Once again, not really big enough for large kitties.
- Cushions aren’t removable (ergo, not machine-washable)
- MDF wood, NOT solid wood
- Instructions are hard to follow (and some reviewers didn’t get any at all)
The price is right on this one, especially if you’re on a tight budget. However, it is a case of “you get what you pay for.”
That said, as long as you have a small cat, it’s great if you just want a little something for them to play on and don’t want to take up a whole wall.
You already know my number one pick- the Hexagon tree from Etsy. I bet you can tell which one is my #2, too, right? If not, it’s that super cool World Map tree!
However, since both of those are pretty pricey, my top budget-friendly pick would have to be the Big Nose cat tree.
Honestly, though, they’re all great. Otherwise I wouldn’t have mentioned them! It just depends on how much space you have and what look you’re going for.
Your turn! What are your favorite cat trees that attach to the wall? Share below!
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API