Looking for the perfect gray kitten names for your new little ball of fuzz? We love these picks! Check them out and tell us your favorite!
So you found your perfect gray cat, brought him home and got him all set up. You have the litter box, plenty of cat foods, and all the cute toys he can handle. The one hing you don’t have? A name! We’ve got you covered there! Take inspiration from your kitten’s coloring and give him (or her!) one of these perfect gray kitten names!
MALE GRAY KITTEN NAMES
- Ash- Ash is from the Hebrew origin, which means Happy. Ash is the solid remains from a fire or a volcano.
- Dorian- Dorian is from the Greek origin, which means an Ancient Greece Tribe. Dorian Gray is the main character from the book- The Picture of Dorian Gray- by Oscar Wilde.
- Earl- Earl is from the English origin, which means Nobleman. Earl Grey is a tea blend and a color as well.
- Heron- Heron is from the Greek origin, which means Hero. Grey Heron is a large bird that features long necks and long legs.
- Rocky- Rocky is from the English origin, which means Rock. Rocky the Flying Squirrel is a cartoon character from The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.
- Smokey- Smokey is from the English origin, which means Smoke-Colored. Smokey Grey, or Smoke Grey, is a color.
- Sterling- Sterling is from the English origin, which means Of the Highest Quality. Sterling Silver is a grayish color.
- Tom- Tom is from the Aramaic origin, which means Twin. Tom, is a grey tomcat cartoon character, from Tom and Jerry.
FEMALE GRAY KITTEN NAMES
- Crystal- Crystal is from the Ancient Greek origin, which means Rock Crystal, Ice. Crystal is a mineral or glass that is clear and transparent, like ice.
- Heather- Heather is from the English origin, which means Flowering Evergreen Plant. Heather Gray is a color.
- Luna- Luna is from the Latin origin, which means The Moon. Luna was the moon Goddess from Ancient Roman Mythology.
- Macy- Macy is from the French origin, which means Long, Low Hill. Macy Gray, is an R&B singer, most famous for her hit song- I Try.
- Misty- Misty is from the English origin, which means Mist. Misty Gray is a color. Mist is formed by tiny water droplets in the air.
- Pebbles- Pebbles is from the English origin, which means Small Rocks. Pebbles are small rock that are made round and smooth, as the result of the water’s motion.
- Sylvie- Sylvie is from the Latin origin, which means From the Forest. Sylvie is the nickname for the color Silver.
- Twinkle- Twinkle is from the Hindu origin, which means To Shine With an Unsteady Light. Twinkle refers to stars that shine brightly in the sky.
These are all such cute gray kitten names, it’s hard to pick a favorite! I really love Luna for a girl because it reminds me of Harry Potter. For a boy, I think Heron is a pretty unique cat name!