September is happy cat month!
Cats are one of the most popular pets in the world, and they’re also one of the most popular pets to adopt . It’s no surprise that September is a great month to celebrate cats!
But what exactly makes September so great for cats? Let’s take a look at some of the ways this month is ideal for your feline friend.
History of Happy Cat Month
The CATalyst Council started happy Cat Month to help spread awareness and education about the health and welfare of our furry friends.
The CATalyst Council was formed after the meeting of two separate efforts, Re-Branding Felix and the CATalyst Summit. This non-profit entity was formed with the main focus on veterinary medicine and shelter in addition to animal welfare.
Cats being self-reliant is a misconception; cats are social animals that need interaction with humans and other pets . Cats also need routine care from their owners, especially if they are going to live indoors. Cats must be fed, cleaned up, have toys to play with, and most importantly, receive the love they deserve.
While it’s true that cats love to spend time alone, they also need attention too. They love being petted and talked to — especially when hungry! This makes them dependent on their owners, which means they need lots of human interaction throughout the day. If you don’t give them enough attention, chances are they will start acting out in other ways, such as having accidents or destroying furniture.
A Happy Cat Month is a great way to spread awareness about these needs and help shelters across the country raise money through donations and awareness campaigns during this month!
The month of September is a great time to think about what you can do to make your life better for cats.
How Can You Celebrate Happy Cat Month
Happy Cat Month is a celebration of our furry friends, but it’s also the perfect opportunity to show them some love! Whether you have a cat or not, there are plenty of ways you can celebrate Happy Cat Month and make an impact in their lives.
Here are some ways that you can celebrate this month:
1. Participate in a happy cat photo contest on Instagram.
2. Spread the word on cat awareness, welfare and health of your feline friends.
3. Read a book about cats or sign up for an online course on cat care, training, or behavior modification techniques.
4. Create an original art piece about your favorite cat (or about cats in general) and post it online for others to enjoy!
5. Give a donation to a local animal shelter or rescue group during Happy Cat Month (and throughout the year).
6. Take a trip to the veterinarian. There’s no better measure of a happy cat than a healthy cat. So one of the best ways to celebrate cat month is by taking your cat for a health check.
7. Adopt a cat! If you already have a furry baby, why not get another one? Cats love having a playmate, and it’s advisable for their general well-being. And if you do not have a pet, visit a local pet shop and give a cute cat a forever home.
READ MORE: CATS WATCHING STRAY VIDEO GAME
How Can You Make Your Cat Happy in September
September is a good time to celebrate with your cat and give them some extra love and attention. Here are some ways you can make your cat happy in September:
1. Make sure they have plenty of toys and treats
Cats like to play with toys, so give them plenty of fun things to do during the day. Make sure their toys aren’t too small or breakable, though! A string of yarn or a ball of paper might be more fun than a stuffed animal.
2. Give them lots of attention
Cats like to feel special and loved, so spend time petting and playing with them throughout the day. They’ll enjoy getting all that attention from you as much as you’ll enjoy having it!
3. Give them a special place by your side all day long
Cats need a lot of space for movement and exercise, so try putting up some cat trees or other places where they can stretch out if they want to get up and move around while you’re at work or school.
September is National Cat Month, which means it’s time to celebrate all the kitties around us. Whether they’re sleeping next to us, playing fetch with us, or snuggling up close when we’re feeling down, cats have a special place in our hearts.
They’re loyal companions who always seem to bring a little bit of sunshine into our lives. Happy National Cat Month!
1.AVMA. U.S. pet ownership statistics. American Veterinary Medical Association. Published 2018. https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/reports-statistics/us-pet-ownership-statistics
2. Paulhus, Marc. “Demystifying Cats.” Serial-HSUS News 1989-93 (indiv. artcls) 38.2 (1993): 6.
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own business.