If you’re looking for an easy way to offer your cat safe water, the Uahpet Wireless & Battery Operated Cat Water Fountain is well worth considering.
I decided to buy one for a simple reason. My adult cat kept splashing and tipping over his water bowl, which was not only messy but a bit frustrating!
You might be asking why does my cat do this as well? I found out that the main reason stems from a need to “check where the water starts – or if there is even any water in the dish” before drinking. 
Like, you, I wanted to find a way to stop this from happening. The need for a water bowl or fountain that was solid and sturdy looked like the clear answer.
After some trial and error, I found that a standard water bowl was not going to solve my problem.
I had to take a different approach and began looking into cat fountains, particularly those that were heavy and with a sturdy design.
That’s when I found and tried the Uahpet Water Fountain. This freshwater source really came to my rescue!
Read on, and learn what makes it such a lifesaver for cat owners.
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
Here’s a quick video overview!
What Makes the Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain Unique?
Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain is cool, and it has some great features that, for me, made it stand out from the rest.
The capacity is excellent, meaning you can be comfortable filling it with water in advance, knowing that your cat won’t run out during the day.
I also really, like, actually, no, loved that there was no water splatter on the floor from using this automatic fountain. It seems my problem was solved!
This is prevented by the large 2000 ml water tray capacity and high walls that prevent water from overflowing.
What this fountain also has, which is one of the reasons why I decided to try it, is an anti-tipping bracket. It has stopped my cat’s tipping behavior entirely without breaking a sweat.
But I think, hands down, what makes this water fountain a winner for me is you do not plug it in when in use! It runs off of a 5000aH rechargeable battery with long battery life.
This is a fantastic safety feature that avoids the risks of your pet chewing the cable. I can’t even count how many electronics my cat has destroyed by swatting at the cords or chewing them.
I also love how you can have this automatic pet water fountain set to different flow modes. It can run on a timed mode where it cycles every 15 minutes to keep the water fresh. Or you can have the sensor on.
Also, it has an infrared sensor that will activate when it detects movement from pets within the sensor area. When activated, it will release 30-35 seconds of free-flowing water. Check our comprehensive guide if you’re interested in looking at another motion sensor cat fountain option.
What I also really like about this automatic cat water fountain are the Eco-friendly replacement filters for the filtration system.
They keep my cat from drinking unclean water by offering clean water at all times. In fact, this system will keep the water clean from food particles and heavy metals.
It excels way past what I’ve experienced with other pet water fountains.
With all that said, you’re probably wondering about all the features of this larger fountain for cats. Let’s take a look.
Features of Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain
- 3 available buying options (Fountain+1pcs Filter, Fountain+2pcs Filter, and Fountain+6pcs Filter)
- Wireless, battery-operated design
- Large 2000 ml transparent water tray (5.5 inches wide)
- 5000mAh rechargeable battery
- Retractable anti-tipping bracket
- 120-degree thermal image sensor mode with a 7-inch perimeter
- Timed-mode by button (add to the water level every 15 minutes)
- 6-layer filtration system with Eco-friendly shell filters
- Water and electricity are separate, preventing electric shock.
So, besides these great features, what else is included? My automatic pet water fountain came with the following.
What’s Included in the Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain
- Drinking water tray
- Water storage bucket set
- External wireless water pump. This is the same type of pump found in a coffee machine
- Filter or filters
- Filter sponge
- 6-inch TYPE-C USB cable
- User manual
- Rechargeable battery
How to Assemble the Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain
I found putting the Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain together pretty easy. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Rinse The Parts
Specifically, the first step is to rinse the tray and bucket under fresh water. Giving it a good rinse will remove any dirt that has built up during packaging and shipping.
Step 2: Soak The Filter
Next, soak the filter and the pre-filter sponge for 15 or 20 minutes before use. You’ll then want to insert the filter into this pet water fountain’s bucket.
Step 3: Assemble The Cat Water Fountain
After you’ve inserted the filter, put the water tray onto the top rim of the bucket. Proceed to slide in the wireless water pump but make sure you hear a snap. If there isn’t one, it’ll be loose.
Pet owners who are more visual learners should check out this video.
How to Use Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain
- Find a comfortable place to set it down for your cat. For instance, I found my cat seems to enjoy having his water fountain in the living room.
- If your cat’s a bit shy, try putting the fountain in an area with less traffic. It’ll offer them some privacy when drinking their water.
- Select between the dual working modes. The timed mode will add water every 15 minutes, while the sensor mode offers water when it senses your cat. The main goal with what setting you choose is to prevent pet dehydration. Did you know that “Studies show that many cats exist in a state of chronic dehydration”? 
- I’d recommend using the timed mode in a smaller area for this cat water dispenser. I found that using this mode with one cat in an open environment only results in a waste of water level.
- But the sensor mode was more suitable for an open environment. Multi-pet households would enjoy having this ultra quiet cat water dispenser in sensor mode.
- I also must mention that you’ll need to replace the filters and filter sponges. It’ll need disassembling, taking out both parts, and replacing them.
With that last point, it brings me to how to look after your pet water fountain.
How to Care for Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain
Caring for the Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain is a piece of cake!. I can’t say the same about many other pet products.
Uahpet was smart enough to make its design different than other pet water fountain options. They did this by offering separation between water and electric parts.
This separation of water and electricity ensures a simple cleaning process, plus it makes the fountain much safer for your pet to use. After using the fountain for a while, I got caring for it down to an art.
Here are my tips to keep the product usable for many years:
- Start by cleaning the water tank, tray, filter, and filter head before even putting it together.
- After the initial assembly, the fountain does need a little upkeep. But the cleaning process only requires a clean cloth to wipe down the pump’s external body.
- You’ll then need to cut the power and shut off the fountain. This is an important, necessary step to take before cleaning out the water bucket with a clean cloth.
- The filers and filter sponge will need replacement around every 3 to 4 weeks. It’s essential to ensure the water remains clean and healthy.
Where to Buy Uahpet Wireless Cat Water Fountain
I really love this product, and after using it, I’m happy to recommend the Uahpet water drinking fountain to other cat parents.
It has made life much easier by keeping water clean for my fur babies. And solved my water tipping and splashing problem!
The anti-tipping bracket and heavy water tank design have made an enormous difference.
Honestly, it’s among the best cat fountains I’ve used for single or multi-cat households. I’d suggest it to any pet owners who want to offer healthier water to cats.
Let us know your opinion on this product below!
1. Lindsay D. This is why your cat moves their water dish before drinking [Internet]. Metro. 2016 [cited 2022 Jul 24]. Available from: https://metro.co.uk/2016/05/27/this-is-why-your-cat-moves-their-water-dish-before-drinking-5908489/
2. The Importance of Water for Pets and Avoiding Pet Dehydration [Internet]. True Care Veterinary Hospital. 2019. Available from: https://www.truecareveterinaryhospital.com/blog/the-importance-of-water-for-pets-and-avoiding-pet-dehydration/
My name is Ben Roberts, and I absolutely love animals. So, naturally, I love writing about them too! As far as my animals, I have a Pit-bull, a Beagle-lab mix, a Chihuahua, and one old cat. Each one of them provides me with a new adventure every day. And the best part is they’re all best friends. Well, except the cat when he gets a little annoyed. Learn more about Benhere
FIND HIM ON: FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
Read his latest ARTICLES