Do you need a window cat tree to provide a comfortable viewing spot for your feline?
I’ve gathered five high-quality options to make this search quick and painless.
Any of them will provide an excellent spot to watch those pesky birds.
Let’s now find out what one best suits your home’s and cat’s personality.
Best Window Cat Trees at a Glance
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
- JMLPETS WINDOW CAT TREE
- CATASTROPHICREATIONS WINDOW CAT TOWER
- MOUNTAINPETPRODUCTS CAT WINDOW PERCH
- BIG NOSE WALL MOUNTED WINDOW CAT TREE
- PETFUSION ULTIMATE CAT WINDOW TREE
Check this comparison table for a quick guide. Read the review for further details.
5 Best Window Cat Trees
JMLPets’s Window Cat Tree will be a gorgeous addition to any household with its well-crafted wood design.
You can place it right next to a window sill, providing your cat with a comfortable place to bird watch.
Stability won’t be an issue, either, like it’s with many other cat trees.
The base is made from robust and heavy pine to prevent even an energetic cat from tipping it over.
Multiple customers made a point to praise this impressive stability in their reviews.
The assembly process was another common source of praise.
You clearly won’t need a ton of experience using tools to do it, which is perfect for people like me.
Buyers will also get a choice between five color schemes for the three perches.
You won’t have any issues finding that can mesh with your home’s interior and cat’s personality.
- Five appealing perch color options (blue, orange, green, red, and purple)
- Three spacious perches
- Easy to assemble
- Beautiful wood design
- Heavy base for increased stability
- Durable and long-lasting
- Can take over a month to receive
All in all, this window cat tree might as well be an art piece.
Its handcrafted wood design will brighten any room it’s placed in while being a perfect cat resting area.
But it’ll cost a significant amount of money like any valuable art piece.
You’ll have to decide whether its outstanding design and durability are worth the extra cash.
It’ll also take a while to receive, as it’s made to order. Expect to wait about a month for it to arrive.
If money and time aren’t an issue, you shouldn’t hesitate for a single second. Cat trees with this much style and stability are a hard thing to find.
The CatastrophiCreations Window Cat Tower has become a favorite among pet owners (including us!) for a simple reason.
It doesn’t take up as much room as most other cat trees.
You can instead rely on its wall-mounted construction to blend into the background.
After all, it doesn’t have a heavy base structure like some other cat trees on our list.
The product won’t ruin your home’s interior aesthetic, either. Its mounting brackets are hidden from view to give the tree a floating-like appearance.
As a result, you can install it right next to a window without any clashing issues.
It’ll then provide a suitable number of perches for a cat to gaze upon the outside world.
Stability is another area where this cat tower more than excels.
Multiple customers describe the entire product as “extremely well crafted,” evident in each shelf holding up to 85 pounds.
Any cat besides full-grown tigers will be fine and safe using it.
- Three stylish stain color choices (English chestnut, onyx, and natural)
- Wall-mounted construction doesn’t take up floor space
- Brackets are hidden from view
- Stable design with an 85-pound limit per shelf
- Multiple pole heights (2-tier, 3-tier, or 4-tier)
- Features scratching posts to provide extra incentive
- Installing can be a little difficult
- You need to know where your studs are in your walls
Its low-maintenance and ultra-high convenience makes this product worth any cat owner’s time.
You won’t have any trouble finding a variation perfect for your cat’s needs.
Some customers did note issues with the installation, though.
One notable occurrence was a buyer stating, “the screws provided would not go all the way into the stud.”
However, finding suitable replacement screws won’t be too difficult.
Speaking of studs, you really need to “know your walls,” so to speak. If you don’t hang it just right, it could become truly catastrophic!
It’s a slight hassle that doesn’t merit a cat owner taking this well-crafted option off their consideration list.
This next option, MountainPetProducts Cat Window Perch, is a bit different than our other ones. It’s not a traditional cat tree, but rather a single-window perch.
You simply attach it onto your window sill, which creates a perfect viewing area for a cat. The install process doesn’t even include any drilling or hardware.
But then, how does it stay stable? It utilizes a strong, secure 1-inch strip of Velcro and angled arms that have received rare reviews.
The design has even proven to be effective in holding large cats.
For instance, a customer noted the product felt “very sturdy attached to the windowsill and has held our 20 lb Maine Coon.“
If it can hold a Maine Coon, I very much doubt it’ll have issues with any other cat.
Its stable solid oak construction seems more than capable of meeting most cat owners’ needs.
- Multiple size options (20 inches, 24 inches, and 30 inches)
- Takes up a lot less room than traditional cat trees
- Excellent portability
- No tool or drill needed for installation
- Beautiful, durable oak construction
- Coaxing a cat to use it may take time.
- No scratching pads or cushions.
If you’re looking for a simple solution, this window perch will be right in your wheelhouse.
It keeps things straightforward without any unnecessary extra features or complications.
But you might have a little trouble getting a cat to use it at first.
There isn’t any incentive without those extra features, such as scratching posts or cushions.
Luckily, there’s an easy solution as you can bribe them.
This process is quickly done with some treats, or you can “dangle a favorite toy just high enough” over the perch. They should start loving it like every other cat in no time.
Big Nose’s Wall Mounted Window Cat Tree is the most affordable option among our choices.
But its lower price doesn’t keep it from offering some intriguing, inventive features.
For instance, you will adore its adjustable mounting brackets. These aspects allow the tree to mount onto almost any type of wall without issue.
The install process itself isn’t something to overlook, either. One customer described it as “super easy to install, which only took about half an hour.“
Once installed, your cat will then benefit from its three-level design. It features two shelf perches and a hammock on the top level for premium comfort.
The hammock’s made from carpet to keep your cat’s outdoor TV time as comfy as possible. You’ll have a hard time ever getting them out of this tree.
- Easy to install, wall-mounted design
- Three levels with two perches and a hammock
- Adjustable mounting brackets
- Made from safe, tested materials
- Affordable price
- Not for larger breeds
- Wood platforms don’t give much for cats to sink their claws into
Even though it has an affordable price, there’s no arguing against this product’s well-built design.
Its convenient mounting brackets and natural materials make for an excellent window cat tree.
But owners with larger cats will need to look elsewhere. The product description clearly states it wasn’t meant for any kitty over 15 pounds.
Some customers also complained that the wood doesn’t give their cats anything to really sink their claws into for climbing.
In any case, these limitations still make the low-cost option a suitable choice for many cat owners.
Anyone with a cat under 15 pounds would be making a smart move by buying this window cat tree.
- Easy to install and fully extendable. Multivel can be adapted to any wall in different angel: Besides the window, behind the door or even in the coner, as long as going with the right screws. The total height for one set is 43''. If piping up two sets together, it will reach to a "floor to ceiling" size and with 6 levels.
- High Quality and Sturdy. The diameter of the post is 3.5'' and each of them are connected by 2.75'' stainless steel screws. Totally three barkets will be applied to mount all posts nicely on wall. Two 0.7'' thickness solidwood rest board which can hold up to 15 LBS . For all the size of components , pls head to description.
- Right propotion for M size cat (below 15LBS ). The modle cat in picture gallery is 15 lbs, adult male.
- Every component is replacable and available from Bignose. Revising, renewing and restructuring is easy.
- Natural and Safe for home. Jute rolling, natural solid pinewood steps and soft carpet hammock are all safe and tested to human and animal.
Also check: 5 Best Cat Shelves
Our final product, PetFusion’s Ultimate Cat Window Tree, offers the best of both worlds. It functions as both a window perch and a climbing post.
Combining these aspects in a single minimalist design ensures it can curb a cat’s climbing and scratching instincts.
Furniture will no longer be the main target of your cat when it’s time to sharpen those claws.
You’ll also find the heavy-duty suction cups endlessly impressive. They’ll attach right onto any supporting window with ease and keep it stable.
A few customers were shocked by their performance and described them as “very strong.“
But if the suction cups still freak you out, there’s an added base support to provide some backup.
There’s no reason to believe this cat tree will do anything but provide stability and durability.
Overall, it’s a well-built product from a company with a stellar reputation in the pet owner community.
- Minimalist design
- 10 to 15-minute assembly process
- Heavy-duty suction cups for easy installation
- Stable, non-shaky base for added support
- Provides mental stimulation and curbs scratching instincts
- A few shipping issues
- Fairly basic looking
Its overall design and simple install/assembly processes will appeal to almost any buyer.
Honestly, simplicity is a hard but welcome attribute to find in this marketplace.
But I was slightly disappointed by seeing a few shipping issues mentioned in the product reviews.
These complaints weren’t overly frequent, though you never want to see them.
Even so, I still wouldn’t put too much stock into those complaints.
After all, most people were delighted with their purchase. But it’s something to have in the back of your mind.
- SAFE & STURDY: (i) Uniquely COMBINES the features of a WINDOW PERCH and the stimulation of a CLIMBING POST in a minimalist, smart way. (ii) Three heavy duty suction cups included for added strength and a 42” scratching post with base for added support. (iii) Other window perches are subject to collapsing or are difficult for the cat to climb on to and require placing furniture in front of so the cat can reach.
- INTERACTIVE DESIGN TO IMPROVE YOUR CAT'S WELLNESS: (i) For cats who love to scratch, climb, lounge, and view the outside world. (ii) Combines your cats natural climbing and scratching instincts with the environmental enrichment they need. (iii) Even though cats have been domesticated for centuries, they still have their ancestors’ untamed heightened senses and the instincts of a hunter.
- SUBTLE ARTISTIC TOUCHES provide extra style & stimulation. Open left platform offers a stimulating alternative to reaching the perch
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) Premium E0 grade MDF passes formaldehyde safety regulations. (ii) Product also passes stricter European REACH standards
- YOU SHOULD KNOW: (i) 21 x 21 x 45 inches (lwh). (ii) Replacement posts available, (iii) Includes organic USA grown catnip leaf to entice your cats.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Included Components: Mdf, Sisal Posts, Suction Cups, Sleeping Pad
Window Cat Trees FAQs
ARE CAT WINDOW HAMMOCKS SAFE?
Most cat window hammocks will be safe and provide an excellent resting area for your kitty. But it still depends on a few things, such as build quality, size, materials, and mounting hardware.
Do Indoor Cats Need Cat Trees?
Indoor cats will need a way to curb their instinct to climb and claw sharpening. Cat trees represent a much better solution than either your blinds or furniture.
WHY ARE CAT WINDOW PERCHES SO IMPORTANT?
Cat window perches or trees provide mental stimulation by allowing cats to view the outside world. It keeps them from becoming bored, which is essential because “a bored cat is an unhappy cat.”
I hope one of these window cat trees is a suitable fit for your home. If you have more questions about them or anything else, let me know in the comment section. Thanks for reading!
Our Top Pick
If you can’t read our entire article, I’d recommend skipping right to CatastrophiCreations’ Window Cat Tower. It won’t take up much space in your home and provides ample room for outdoor viewing.
What is your favorite window cat tree? Share with us below!
My name is Ben Roberts, and I absolutely love animals. So, naturally, I love writing about them too! As far as my animals, I have a Pit-bull, a Beagle-lab mix, a Chihuahua, and one old cat. Each one of them provides me with a new adventure every day. And the best part is they’re all best friends. Well, except the cat when he gets a little annoyed. Learn more about Benhere
FIND HIM ON: FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
Read his latest ARTICLES
Last update on 2022-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API