Keeping a pack of cat wipes for dander and bottoms on hand is a smart idea!
Dander can be a very big problem, especially if you have allergies.
Even if you don’t have allergies, cat can occasionally get into messes that require a good wipe-down.
We’ll take a look at some top picks that work for both dander and dirty bottoms below.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Want to skip ahead and just grab our top pick? Check out the Burt’s Bees Dander Reducing Wipes!
No products found.
Benefits Of Cat Wipes
If you are wondering why these wipes are so important and how they can help you, then check out this list and decide for yourself!
1. Remove Dander
Since dander consists of very tiny particles of an animal’s skin, it’s safe to say that it may cause severe allergies.
And this is not something that happens with just cats!
Dogs, parrots and ferrets can also carry these tiny dander particles.
Cat wipes can help you remove dander from you cat and keep her allergen-free.
2. Paw Cleaning
If your cat is the type to go out and play, you may want to have some wipes on hand to clean her little paws before allowing her into your bed again.
This way you will make sure everything stays clean, and that your cat doesn’t carry allergens inside the house.
3. Bottom Cleaning
This is especially important if your cat is in the phase right after administering deworming pills (which are known to cause loose stools).
No one wants a dirty cat behind dragging across their clean sheets, right?
These wipes can definitely help take care of that problem.
4. Ear Cleaning
If you notice your cat’s ears are getting a little dirty, you can use a wet napkin and clean them.
Remember not to go too deep into her ear, as you may damage her receptors, but they are perfect for the outer ear.
How To Choose Cat Wipes?
In general, it depends on your purpose.
If you want to use them to stop allergies, then you should make sure they contain Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil, of course, when we’re talking about wipes with natural ingredients.
A very good option is Coco Betaine, which is an organic compound based on Olive Oil, that will remove dander from your cat.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is the age they can be used from.
Sometimes wipes aren’t meant for kittens under 12 weeks, and you need to find alternatives and keep her safe.
On top of that, make sure to read the instructions carefully and see what you need to do if the solution gets in your cat’s eyes.
Best Cat Wipes For Dander And Bottoms
Use the table below for a quick look, then read on for details about each.
1. Burt’s Bees Dander Reducing Wipes
Burt’s Bees are probably the most popular cat wipes to reduce dander and flaking. Containing a decent quantity of Aloe Vera, they will help your cat’s fur lift to your standards.
These wipes will make sure your cat’s fur and skin are always clean and moisturized. They are made out of natural ingredients, and they have a balanced pH for the comfort of your cat!
Pros & Cons
- Pros: natural ingredients, reduce dander, suitable for all ages,
- Cons: some people really don’t like their smell.
These are some wipes you should keep on hand for all your cats, of course, if you are comfortable with the classic wipes smell.
Even though these are completely natural, make sure your kids stay away from them. Ingesting can cause severe problems.
- FIGHTS CAT DANDER AND FLAKING — Burt's Bees cat wipes moisturize and deeply condition your cat or kitten's dry skin to reduce redness and flakes
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — All natural ingredients in Burt's Bees cat dander wipes include aloe vera and oatmeal. Aloe vera is a moisturizing anti-irritant which has been shown to reduce inflammation
- USE REGULARLY — Wipe your cat or kitten from back of ears to tail, avoiding the eyes. These cat grooming wipes are great for spot cleaning and paw cleaning
- SUITABLE FOR ALL CATS — These wipes are pH balanced especially for all cats and kittens
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
2. Petkin Petwipes
These are some of the napkins you can keep around at any time.
It will be much easier to wipe their little paws with those instead of taking them into the bathtub.
These wipes are suitable for both cats and dogs, of any age and size, meaning they are completely safe for kittens too!
They have a vanilla and coconut fragrance, and because they contain Aloe Vera and Oatmeal. some of the dander away.
Pros & Cons
- Pros: multi-purpose, suitable for kittens.
- Cons: the wipes can be considered thin.
These wipes are great to freshen up your cat a little, even though some people reported them as being very thin.
This is a great overall product, but you shouldn’t use them at all times. If your cat likes to go out and play, a bath is recommended from time to time.
- PETKINS PET WIPES FOR DOGS AND CATS – These extra large wipes for pets are heavy duty and remove daily dirt and odor. The fast and convenient way to keep your pet clean every day. Includes 4 packs of 100 wipes (400 wipes total
- GENTLE FOR YOUR FURRY FRIEND – These refreshing dog wipes are gentle enough to use every day around your pet's eyes, ears, face and body and won't remove spot flea treatments. Perfect puppy wipes and kitten/cat wipes
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED – The 7 x 11 inch Petkin wipes are moistened with a gentle cleansing formula, enriches with a soothing organic oat extract, vitamin E and aloe. These ingredients help to soothe dry, itchy skin. Lightly scented, vanilla and coconut
- SUPER CONVENIENT, GOODBYE SHAMPOO – Perfect for at home and travel. Use as a quick touch up, as dog paw wipes after a muddy walk, or when it's too cold for a bath outside. Ideal for older pets that are difficult to bathe. Reduce dander that can cause allergies and keep your pet's coat soft and shiny
- EASY TO USE – Open the lid and remove seal. Pull a wipe out. Close lid tightly. Gently wipe entire pet until clean. No water or rinsing is required. These deodorizing dog wipes are safe for daily use
3. Pogi’s Grooming Wipes
Pogi’s grooming wipes can come in handy at many times. They are hypoallergenic and friendly with the environment, so you can be sure you’re making the right choice.
These wipes are perfect for both cats and dogs, unscented, and a pack can last for one full month or even more.
They are made out of natural bamboo fibers, and contain Aloe Vera, as well as Vitamin E in order to help contain dander.
Pros & Cons
- Pros: hypoallergenic, environment-friendly, unscented.
- Cons: shouldn’t be used around the eyes.
These wipes are great to keep around when in need, but you need to make sure they stay away from your cat’s eyes.
It’s important to keep these wipes on hand for whenever you need them, but at the same time, remember that they won’t replace the occasional bath.
- Conditioning Ingredients - Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Hawaiian Awapuhi help clean, freshen and condition while giving the coat a healthy shine. Perfect for wiping away dirt and odor from paws, bodies, and bums in between baths.
- Large Pet Wipes (8 x 9 inches) - Our quilted dog wipes are made big enough for even the largest dogs, and thick enough for the heaviest coats.
- Earth-Friendly - Made with 100% sustainably harvested bamboo fiber.
- Hypoallergenic - Completely free of parabens, alcohol, and harsh chemicals.
- Super Pack - 100 Unscented Fresh Wipes for Dogs - 1 Month Supply
4. Petkin Dog & Cat Tushie Wipes
These wipes can be great to keep around the house. They are gentle on your cat’s skin, and contain Aloe Vera in order to keep the dander away.
They only contain four ingredients, two of them being Vitamin E and Aloe Vera which are incredibly moisturizing, but also helping keep your cat dander free.
They come in a hard, plastic package with a resealable lid, so you don’t have to worry about your wipes drying out.
Pros & Cons
- Pros: resealable packaging, hypoallergenic.
- Cons: scent may not be pleasant for everyone.
These wipes are amazing to clean you cat whenever you need it, but the scent may not be perfect for you.
The wet napkins are great to use on your adult cat, but you need to keep them away from her eyes, and don’t allow kids to use them.
5. Espree for Kittens
The Espree wipes are hypoallergenic and were specially created for kittens. You can safely use them on cats of all ages.
These wipes, aside from being hypoallergenic, are also tear-free, meaning that there is going to be perfectly fine to wipe the area around the eyes. They contain Aloe Vera, so besides cleaning your kitten, they will also keep her dander free.
Pros & Cons
- Pros: hypoallergenic, no added fragrance.
- Cons: wipes may be too small for an adult cat.
These wipes are perfect if you just got yourself a new kitten, or maybe your adult cat just had a litter of furballs.
- For quick and gentle clean up
- Tear free cleansing wipes for sensitive kitten skin and coat
- No added fragrance
- Made with 100% Organically Grown Aloe Vera
- Made in the USA
All these types of wipes can be a solution for you, but it all depends on your cat, and of course, your preferences!
We really love the Burt’s Bees and the Petkins, though!
What are your picks for the best cat wipes for dander and dirt? Share below!
Last update on 2020-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API