Looking for some beautiful and meaningful cat-lover quotes?
Whether you want them to add to a card for a new cat owner or just because you like collecting quotes, we’ve got you covered!
Below are 25 sayings about kitties, ranging from heartwarming to clever to just plain silly!
Let’s check them out, then I’ll share which one is my favorite!
Meaningful Cat-Lover Quotes
- “I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love.” – James Herriot
- “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.” – James Herriot
- “Cats have it all: admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” – Rod McKuen
- “The key to a successful new relationship between a cat and human is patience.” – Susan Easterly
- “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The cat is above all things, a dramatist.” – Margaret Benson
- “For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.” – Anon
- “Cats can be cooperative when something feels good, which, to a cat, is the way everything is supposed to feel as much of the time as possible.” – Roger Caras
- “I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.” – Jules Verne
- “Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time, for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect.” – James Mason
- “Like all pure creatures, cats are practical.” – William S. Burroughs
- “You can not look at a sleeping cat and feel tense.” – Jane Pauley
- “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” – Jean Cocteau
- “How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” – Hippolyte Taine
- “I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It’s not. Mine had me trained in two days.” – Bill Dana
- “A kitten is, in the animal world, what a rosebud is in the garden.” – Robert Southey
- “My cat never laughs or complains, he is always reasoning.” – Miguel de Unamuno
- “When my cats aren’t happy, I’m not happy. Not because I care about their mood but because I know they’re just sitting there thinking up ways to get even.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “Meow is like aloha – it can mean anything.” – Hank Ketchum
- “There are no ordinary cats.” – Colette
- “If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr.” – Barbara L. Diamond
- “Cats are inquisitive, but hate to admit it.” – Mason Cooley
- “The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” – Leonardo da Vinci
After going through all of these cat-lover quotes, I bet you’re having a hard time choosing a favorite!
If you’re curious, my personal favorite is the one by Hemingway, because it’s so true! Plus, if anyone would know cats, it’s Papa Hemingway!
He may not have been the warmest person when it came to people, but he sure loved his kitties.
By the way, did you know that half of Hemingway’s own cats were polydactyl? If you’ve never heard that term, it means a 6-toed cat.
Today, according to the New York Times, 54 cats live at Hemingway House, many of them direct descendants from his first polydactyl kitty.
Anyway, that’s just a little “fun fact” to go along with these cat-lover quotes.
which cat-lover quotes are your favorite? share with us!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own business.