Last Updated: 4 weeks ago
Choosing the perfect cat bed can make a world of difference in your feline companion’s comfort and well-being.
We’ll explore a curated selection of the best cat beds available, taking into account various styles, materials, and features to ensure your beloved cat enjoys the ultimate in relaxation and slumber.
You can go with something super plush and wrap them in cozy comfort or super private to give them a hideaway, or both.
Best Cat Beds At a Glance
- Winner: BODISEINT Cat Bed
- Runner-Up: Best Pet Supplies Cat Bed
- Best Eco-Friendly: Fhasso Luxury Cat Bed
- Best For Small Cat: Hepper Cat Nest Cat Bed
- Best Bed Cave: MEOWFIA Cat Bed Cave
1. Winner: BODISEINT Cat Bed
- Material:Make of attractive luxurious faux fur,macarons color donut...
- Choose size: We suggest the 20" D x 8" H (S) bed for pets of small...
- COMFORT AND SUPPORT: Filled with a high-loft recycled polyester...
Let’s start with a super plush calming cat bed, shall we? The BODISEINT cat bed wraps your kitty in the utmost comfort and lulls him off to sleep.
Features & benefits
- Made of beautiful luxurious faux fur.
- Filled with high-loft recycled polyfiber, so it’s a more eco friendly cat bed than some other options.
- Non-skid bottom keeps it in place.
- The fabric is self-warming, meaning it retains your cat’s body heat.
- The round shape lets kitties curl up and helps them feel more secure.
- With two size options, it’s easy to find one big enough for larger cat breeds.
- Cover is not removable, so it’s also not replaceable
- As with all donut beds, the middle is flat.
- Some customers say it’s not as thick as it looks.
A lot of the complaints in the reviews have to do with how it works for dogs.
While this is definitely not thick enough to work as a dog bed, fortunately we’re talking cats here.
I feel that it’s plenty thick and luxurious enough for your feline friend, and it’s more budget-friendly than a lot of other options.
2. Runner-Up: Best Pet Supplies Cat Bed
- PLUSH PET TENT: We’ve designed these tent houses for dogs and cats...
- GREAT INDOOR LOOK: The timeless style of our corduroy beige plush pet...
- COZY HOUSE: The dimension of this indoor tent gives your pet a touch...
For cats who need a little privacy during their naps, this soft pet tent is a fantastic budget-friendly option.
Features & benefits
- Made from faux suede, linen or corduroy depending on which style you choose.
- Eight different color choices, so it’ll fit in with any decor.
- With two options, there’s a size large enough for Maine Coon cats.
- Machine washable
- Great for traveling, just put it in your cat’s crate.
- Designed for durability
- While it’s machine washable, some users say that it doesn’t hold up well in the wash.
- The top is a challenge to keep upright and it collapses in on itself.
- Doesn’t seem to be ideal for cats with super sensitive skin, according to reviewers.
Despite a few major complaints from a handful of reviewers, I still feel like this is a fantastic tent-style calming bed for cats.
Overall, it has over 2,000 glowing reviews, so it’s a very safe bet that your cat will love it.
3. Best Cube Bed: Best Pet Supplies 2-in-1 Cat Bed
- Plush PET TENT: We’ve designed these tent houses for dogs and cats...
- Great INDOOR LOOK: The timeless style of our corduroy Beige plush pet...
- Cozy HOUSE: The dimension of this indoor tent gives your pet a touch...
Want something that’s a little cuter than the cave above? This one gives your cat privacy in style!
Features & benefits
- Large enough for cats up to 15lbs
- Enclosed space comforts kitties who need to get away from it all.
- Made with high-density foam inside
- Non-Slip material on the bottom.
- Folds down easily for storage or traveling
- Pillow insert is removable and washable
- You can use the pillow on its own in a crate.
- Not big enough for Maine Coon cats and other large breeds.
- Only comes in pink. Would be nice if they had a blue one for boy cats.
- It looks absolutely nothing like a sheep, which is only an issue if you specifically wanted a sheep-shaped bed. 🙂
I mention the last con because the bed is called “Sheep Style,” and that’s a bit misleading. Weird loopy horns do not make something a sheep!
That said, I don’t really care if my cat’s bed looks like something that says Baa (sorry, I felt like I said “sheep” too many times already).
I think it’s super adorable and would get it for my Zoe or Willow.
4. Best Eco-Friendly: Fhasso Luxury Cat Bed
No products found.
Who said calming cat beds had to be all furry and cutesy? If you want something a bit more modern and minimalist, check out this one.
Features & benefits
- Absolutely gorgeous designer bed looks great anywhere in your home.
- Handmade with a modern bamboo shell.
- A soft plush cushion sits on the inside for ultimate comfort.
- Eco-friendly organic bamboo from sustainable sources.
- All materials are safe and non-toxic.
- Made to be durable.
- Machine-washable cover zips off.
- The interior colors aren’t quite what you expect. The blue is a lot darker than pictured.
- Pillow tends to slide around in the bed
I love that the Fhasso is eco-friendly and sustainable, but I don’t really love the price.
It’s fair for handmade furniture, yes, but it’s still quite pricey for a cat bed. If you have the budget, though, it really is beautiful.
5. Best Cozy Bed: Snoozer Luxury Cozy Cave Pet Bed
The Snoozer is well-known as a great small dog bed, but it’s also just right for cats.
Features & benefits
- Made with a poly Cotton exterior
- Super soft and cuddly Sherpa interior
- Machine-Washable cover
- Rust proof brass zipper
- Comes in dozens of colors & styles
- Large enough for big cats
- A bit pricey for a cat bed
- Colors tend to fade
- Filled with cedar and polyfill, so not great for cats with allergies
- The “roof” doesn’t stay up well.
The Snoozer is one of the most highly rated brands of cozy pet beds, so I’m confident your cat will like it.
It’s a bit pricey, but just about everyone says it’s totally worth it.
6. Best For Small Cat: Hepper Cat Nest Cat Bed
- COMFY KITTY - Your cat or kitten will have an amazingly deep sleep in...
- PRETTY HOME - This round cat bed has a modern and unique design...
- SPACE SAVER - Reclaim your desk, window sill, or couch from kitten...
The Hepper Nest is stylish alternative to donut cuddlers. The raised sides offer the same sense of security while the plush center is a bit comfier for older kitties.
Features & benefits
- Modern and attractive design.
- Made from upholstery fabric, just like human sofas.
- Thick Sherpa fleece lines the inside.
- Machine-washable cushion.
- Comes in four stylish colors.
- Large enough for big cats (the Hepper cat model is actually a Maine Coon)
- Only one size, but again, it’s large enough for big cats
- Pricey for what it is
While the majority of reviews are positive, a few felt that it really wasn’t worth the cost.
I like it though because it’s stylish and large enough for all kitties. Maine Coons too often get left out!
7. Best Elevated Bed: Tangkula Cat Bed
- Spacious bed: With diameter 17” cat bed, the wicker bed is suitable...
- Durable: Cat or Kittens are addicted to grabbing, clawing or...
- Machine Washable: It comes with soft cushions. With zippered cover the...
I found this one when I was looking for wicker cat trees and swinging beds, and I think it’s perfect for this list, too.
The elevated design gets kitty up off the floor so dogs (or toddlers) can’t bug them.
Features & benefits
- Super roomy, big enough for Maine Coons
- Made with non-toxic wicker
- Super soft and comfy cushion
- The cover comes off and can be washed in the machine
- Surprisingly inexpensive for what it is!
- Hollow base, so it’s a bit wobbly
- Too high up for senior cats who can’t quite jump like they used to
- Not Prime eligible (but ships free)
If you need to get your kitty up off the ground and you want to do it in style, this is a good option.
I’m actually surprised that it doesn’t cost more, given that it’s made of wicker!
8. Best Self Warming Bed: Pet Magasin Self Warming Cat Cave Bed
- KEEP THEM WARM, COZY, SOFT & LUXURIOUS:: Best cat bed for all kitties;...
- CONFIGURATION OPTIONS: 4 different configuration to suit your cat's...
- CLEVER DESIGN & TOP QUALITY: Looks great in your house! The clever...
Part cave, part cuddler, all cozy, this calming cat bed has it all. Plus, it’s budget-friendly to boot!
Features & benefits
- Made with soft & luxurious material like faux fur lining and trim. This bed features a faux-fur lining and trim, a combination of fleece a
- Fleece and foam padding fill the inside for the utmost comfort.
- A microfiber outer shell even keeps it soft on the outside.
- Configure it four different ways- a cave, a flat bed, a cup, or a pod.
- Only one color and size
- Some complain about static cling with the materials
- Kind of hard to turn it into a tent
For the most part, this bed has excellent reviews, so it’s definitely worth a second look.
A lot of the negative reviews have to do with cats not liking it. With any product, there’s always a chance your pet will hate it. Overall, it’s a great budget-friendly option.
9. Best Cave Bed: MEOWFIA Cat Bed Cave
- ECO FRIENDLY: Our cat tent is 100% free from harsh chemicals and...
- MADE WITH LOVE: Meowfia's premium cat cave is carefully hand-crafted...
- DUAL USE: Our felted wool cat cave provides a private personal space...
Felt cat cave beds are super popular right now, and for a good reason. Not only are they stylish, they make perfect little hideaways for nervous kitties.
Features and benefits
- Handmade with 100% Merino Wool
- Modern, stylish design looks great in your home.
- Made only with safe and non-toxic materials.
- Easy to clean since it naturally repels dirt and odors.
- Budget-friendly for a handmade item
- Only fits cats up to about 12 lbs (they have other sizes in their store, though)
- While it repels dirt, you have to be super careful about washing wool
- Wool can be irritating to SOME cats’ skin.
I think this just might be my favorite on this list. With an overwhelming number of positive reviews and very few negatives, it definitely feels like you can’t go wrong here!
10. Best Cat House Bed: K&H Pet Products Cat Bed
- PROTECTION: Our cozy outdoor cat heated house measures 14" x 21" x...
- WEATHER RESISTANT: Keep cats of any shape and size protected and...
- STAY WARM: The featured 25-watt MET Safety Listed plush heated cat bed...
While all of the above beds are primarily for indoor cats, I felt like we should have an option for our outdoor felines.
We care for a family of ferals that would love this calming cat bed by K&H.
Features and benefits
- Made with a super strong 600 Denier polyester exterior
- Cover comes off and can go into the wash.
- Easy to assemble
- Large enough for cats of all sizes
- It’s heated, so great for cats who stay out in the cold
- Heating pad only goes on when it detects that cat’s weight
- 5 colors and styles
- Plugs in, so you’ll need an outdoor outlet
- You also can’t use it with an extension cord, so it has to be close to that outlet
- Doesn’t seem to be all that waterproof according to the complaints
I’m a proponent of keeping cats indoors, but when you have a kitty that simply won’t live in the house (as is the case with my ferals), this is a good option.
However, enough people complained about its lack of waterproofness that it concerns me. I’d say give it a try for covered porches or places where it won’t get wet.
11. Best Window Bed: K&H Pet Products Window Mounted Cat Bed
- CAT WINDOW HAMMOCK: K&H EZ Mount Window Bed kitty sill hammock offers...
- CAT FRIENDLY: Cat bed has an open top for easy access and provides a...
- STRONG & STURDY: Industrial-strength EZ Mount suction cups hold up to...
It’s hard not to fall in love with this option’s cute kitty-face design.
Everyone will be wondering where on earth you bought this window perch.
Your cat will be in heaven, too, with this product’s comfy removable bed.
Their window-watching sessions are about to become a lot more enjoyable.
Attributes And Measurements
- Embedded with a kitty face
- Half-pod design
- Plastic frame
- Suction cup mounting system
- Removable, machine-washable bed
- 27 x 8 x 11 inches
- Cute kitty-face design
- Attaches to any window in seconds
- Supports up to 50 pounds
- Affordable price
- Easy to enter or exit
- Little too narrow for larger breeds
- Over time, suction cups lose their suction.
How it Compares to Others
Aside from its design, the quick installation and 50-pound weight limit are impressive traits. Both aspects make this product a lot more adaptable than you might expect.
The affordable price doesn’t hurt, either. It’s easy to see why certain cat owners view this perch as a bargain buy.
Clean windows well before installing for optimal results.
12. Best Window Hammock: ZALALOVA Cat Window Perch
- INSTALLS in SECONDS: Package include 1 x Window-Mounted Cat Bed, 1 x...
- 2024 LATEST DURABLE SCREW SUCTION CUPS: Screw suction cups can pat the...
- 20% MORE SPACE: Lengthening and widening design, your 15lbs and 29lbs...
Finding a window perch capable of fitting more than one cat isn’t easy.
But ZALALOVA’s Cat Window Perch is built for these purposes with its spacious design.
Honestly, it should even hold two larger cats with its 60-pound maximum weight limit.
Attributes and Measurements
- High-quality PVC suction cup
- Plastic base construction
- Machine washable cover and fleece cushion
- Three color options (brown, grey, and white)
- Uses breathable mesh
- 19.69 x 11.81 x 1.57 inches
- Easy to clean and odorless
- Ultra-soft, comfortable bed
- Reliable, stable construction suited to fit multiple cats
- Supports up to 60 pounds
- Dissipates heat quickly.
- Mesh could be more durable.
- It can be tricky to hang just right.
How It Compares to Others
Pet owners with multiple cats should be tripping over themselves to buy it. It’s a comfortable kitty cot that can hold more than one cat with ease.
Likewise, it does a solid job of dissipating heat with its breathable mesh. The only issue is that the mesh does have durability concerns, as cats can tear it apart.
Put the suction cup in “hot water for 2 minutes” if it fails to work.
13. Best Braided Bed: Univegrow Handmade Cat Bed
- Braided from cotton cloth padded Hollowfiber. Soft and comfortable to...
- Size: Diameter: 35cm/ 14”. 40cm/ 16”. 45cm/18”. Choose the...
- It is a great gift for your cute pet. Enjoy this warm winter with your...
If you’re looking for a gorgeous handmade chunky crocheted cat bed, you’ll love this one!
It’s super affordable and, oh, so snuggly. Check out the features and pros, then the cons.
Features and Benefits
- Made with braided cotton cloth and padded hollow fiber.
- Super soft and comfortable.
- Warm enough for winter.
- A cute nest style gives cats an added sense of security.
- Braided from cotton cloth padded with hollow fiber. Soft and comfortable to sit and lie down
- 6 different colors
- There are no reviews on Amazon for this particular bed, but the seller has overall good reviews.
- While large enough for most cats, it may be a bit snug for Maine Coons and such (however, custom sizes may be available upon request).
- Not Prime Eligible, but it ships free.
- It’s unclear if it’s washable.
The biggest “con” for this bed is the lack of information regarding whether or not you can chuck it in the wash.
Aside from that, it’s really quite beautiful! I can definitely see my kitties curling up happily in it.
14. Best Bubble Bed: K&H Pet Products Bubble Cat Bed
- BIRD WATCHING: Easy installation hanging cat window bed allows it to...
- SUPER SUCTION: Sturdy suctions cups ensure this bed stays in place;...
- MULTI-ENTRY: Each side of this kitty sill has a convenient entry...
The K&H EZ Mount Window Pod is pretty much the most popular bubble bed for cats, and it’s easy to see why.
Read on for the features and benefits to find out why so many cat parents love it. We’ll also look at the cons for a balanced review.
Features and Benefits
- Super affordable at under $50
- It mounts to any glass surface, not just windows.
- It comes with a free Amazin’ Kitty Pad.
- Made with durable EVA construction
- Kitty can enter or exit on both ends.
- Mounts with super-strong suction cups; no tools are needed.
- It comes in two colors (green and tan).
- Strong enough to hold up to 60 pounds (but maybe not big enough; see below)
- One-year warranty
- With suction cups, you always run the risk that they’ll come loose.
- The free mat isn’t really the best material, so you’ll want to get something softer.
- The window needs to be at least 27 inches wide and 20 inches tall.
- Only 7.5 inches deep, so it may not accommodate larger cat breeds very well.
- You can only mount it on glass, so it can’t become a wall-mounted cat bubble bed.
- Suction cups don’t hold well when the window is cold.
If you’re looking for a window-mounted cat bubble bed for a small to average-sized kitty, this is really your best option.
Just keep in mind that even the strongest suction cups don’t work well in extreme temperatures. You’ll want to check it regularly to make sure it’s still secure.
Although it only works on glass, I imagine you could screw it into your wall through the suction cup holder holes.
I’m pretty sure that would void your warranty, though, so try it at your own risk.
15. Best Wall Mounted: MYZOO Spaceship Gamma Cat Bed
- UNIQUE ROUND SHAPE: MYZOO Design present Gamma cat bed inspired by the...
- MATERIAL MIX-UP: Felines love sturdy and stable place for rest and...
- LARGE SPACE: The round shape is specially produced based on all breed...
If I had to pick a favorite wall-mounted bubble bed, it would definitely be the Spaceship Gamma Ultra Modern Cat Bed on CatsPlay.
Features and Benefits
- It comes in three different finish colors (black, walnut, and white).
- Option to put the opening on the left or the right
- A beautiful design made with real pine wood and acrylic
- Four air holes for circulation
- Made by a design team in Japan (My Zoo Japan),
- Too small for large cat breeds like the Maine Coon (it’s only 18.7 x 15.8 x 15.8 inches).
- Only holds up to 33 lbs.
- It looks a bit challenging to install.
I would recommend this gorgeous cat bubble bed for single-kitty families, as long as that single kitty is relatively petite.
If you have more than one cat, sure, you could get a couple of them, but my worry has to do with the weight limit for each one.
Since it only holds 33 pounds, you’ll have to make sure one kitty isn’t sitting on top while another is inside.
However, if you do just have a single petite cat, this is definitely a fantastic option!
16. Best Non-Toxic Bed: Friends Forever Donut Cat Bed
- CALMING - Fuzzy fur-like, soft and comfortable with supportive...
- GREAT FOR GIFTING - Cute & adorable fuzzy design easy to blend with...
- SUPER SUPPORTIVE FILLING: Exceptional support for head and neck,...
First, ignore the dog in the picture! I promise, this is definitely a great cat bed.
Let’s look at the features and pros, then we’ll glance at the cons.
Features and Benefits
- Fantastic for cats with anxiety, since the raised rim gives them a sense of security.
- It supports your cat’s natural inclination to curl up for a nap.
- It is great for cats up to 25 pounds, so even Maine Coons will love it.
- If you possess a colossal cat worthy of memes, they do produce a larger size.
- Warm and cozy synthetic plush fur that’s made with only non-toxic materials
- Washable, but remember to use “free and clear” detergent.
- Like most donut beds, there’s very little padding in the center, so it’s not great for senior kitties who need more support.
- Only comes in one color.
- It uses synthetic materials, so it’s not an all-natural cat bed. That said, it’s still non-toxic.
- The non-skid dots on the bottom have a tendency to fall off in the wash.
- The faux fur tends to mat, so you have to put it in the dryer right away after washing.
Along with being a non-toxic option, this is also a fantastic calming cat bed for anxious kitties.
I love that it’s fairly budget-friendly for a premium bed and plenty big enough even for the most rotund Maine Coon!
17. Best Indoor Bed: iPrimio Eco-Friendly Cat Bed
- ✅ 100% SOFT HAND SHAPED WOOL: Each Cat Cave is Made From Premium...
- ✅ LARGE SIZE: Your Cat Hideout Hole Opening is about 7 inches Wide...
- ✅ SUPER SOFT: Durable Wool Makes a Great Warm Cat Bed Cave. Makes a...
If you prefer a totally natural option instead, you’ll love this wool cat bed. It happens to be one of my top 5 favorites!
The brand uses words we want to see, like non-toxic and super safe.
Features and Benefits
- Made with 100% soft, hand-shaped wool from New Zealand.
- Large enough for most breeds.
- It gives kitties an added sense of security with its cave-like shape.
- Durable and cozy wool stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Safety is a major priority. The wool is boiled rather than treated with chemicals.
- iPrimio is well-known and trustworthy, not some fly-by-night brand.
- It comes in 10 beautiful color options. The one below is my second favorite!
- Only one size, although it’s large enough for most cats.
- The opening, however, is a bit snug for Maine Coons.
- Not machine-washable
Along with being one of my favorites, nearly all cat owners who bought one loved it.
Just remember, it’s not really machine-washable. You could try putting it on the wool cycle, but it’s hit or miss if that will destroy it.
Things to Consider Before Buying
When buying a cat bed, there are several important factors to consider to ensure your feline friend’s comfort and well-being.
Here’s what you should look for:
- Size: Choose a cat bed that suits your cat’s size and provides ample space for stretching and curling up comfortably.
- Material: Opt for a bed made from quality, non-irritating materials such as soft fabrics, plush, or memory foam for maximum comfort. Ensure it’s easy to clean and resistant to odors.
- Style: Consider your cat’s sleeping preferences. Some cats prefer enclosed, cave-like beds for security, while others may prefer open, flat beds. Choose accordingly.
- Washability: Look for a bed with a removable, machine-washable cover to make cleaning and maintenance easier.
- Durability: Select a cat bed that can withstand your cat’s scratching, nesting, and kneading behaviors, ensuring it will last over time.
- Temperature Control: Cats like warm spots, so consider a bed with built-in heating or cooling features, depending on the season.
- Location: Decide where the bed will be placed. Cats often enjoy observing their surroundings, so a window or elevated bed may be a good choice.
- Allergen-Free: If your cat has allergies, look for hypoallergenic materials that won’t irritate their skin or respiratory system.
- Support: Cats, especially senior cats, benefit from orthopedic or memory foam beds that provide proper support for their joints and muscles.
- Safety: Ensure the bed is free of small parts that could be a choking hazard and that it meets safety standards.
- Design and Aesthetics: The bed should complement your home decor and fit seamlessly into your living space.
- Budget: Cat beds come in a range of prices. Consider your budget while ensuring you get the best quality within your range.
- Reviews: Read reviews and get recommendations from other cat owners to gauge the bed’s comfort and durability.
- Return Policy: Check the return policy in case the bed doesn’t meet your cat’s preferences or has any defects.
Remember that cats have individual preferences, and it may take some trial and error to find the perfect bed.
Additionally, observe your cat’s behavior and sleeping patterns to choose a bed that matches their needs and personality.
The right cat bed for your cat depends entirely on kitty’s personality.
Some cats get wound up because they’re scared, in which case a cave-type bed would be a great choice.
Others get freaked out by the dog, so the elevated bed is a good option. Some kitties are just plain rambunctious and would benefit from a cozy cuddler.
Personally, I love the handmade wool felt bed. I think it’s stylish and looks comfy.
After reading through our cat bed reviews, which would you buy your crazy kitty? Share below!
Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API