If you’re searching for male and female badass cat names, you’re going to love our list!
We’ve got 100 of the grittiest monikers for your rugged feline!
From gangster cat names for your boy cats to tough “I am woman, hear me roar” names for your girl cats, you’ll love these ideas!
Let’s check them out!
➔➔Hey, did you download our List Of CAT Names? Download it NOW & Check if your CAT name is on the list.
Super Tough Names for Female Cats
When I think about badass names for girl cats, I think about super strong women throughout history and fiction, so that’s what inspired most of the names below.
I’m also including some plain old “tough” sounding female names, just to give you a little more variety!
Some of the names require no introduction, but when necessary I’ve given you a bit of context. 😀
Related: 133 Tough cat names
FYI: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
- Amelia (as in Amelia Earhart)
- Anais (after Anais Nin)
- Annie (like Annie Oakley)
- Artemis (Greek goddess of the hunt)
- Athena (goddess of war)
- Bastet (Egyptian cat goddess)
- Beatrix (after Beatrix Kiddo from the Kill Bill movies)
- Billie (as in Billie Holiday)
- Bonnie (from Bonnie and Clyde)
- Boudica (a Celtic warrior queen)
- Charlie (as in Charlie Baltimore from The Long Kiss Goodnight)
- Circe (from Greek mythology)
- Eowyn (from Lord of the Rings)
- Esther (Hebrew queen who stopped a genocide)
- Ethel (as in Ethel L. Payne, a badass journalist during the Civil Rights movement)
- Everdeen (a good alternative to Katniss for Hunger Game fans)
- Galadriel (most powerful elf in Middle Earth)
- Harley (both Quinn and the motorcycle)
- Hatshepsut (Egyptian Pharaoh and all around badass woman)
- Hermione (from Harry Potter)
- Ivy (after Poison Ivy from Batman)
- Joan (of Arc)
- Katniss (from The Hunger Games)
- Lara (after Lara Croft from Tomb Raider)
- Leeloo (from The Fifth Element)
- Lilian ( after Lilian Bland)
- Marie (Curie)
- Morticia (from The Addams Family)
- Mulan (Disney’s most kickass princess)
- Piper (from Charmed)
- Ripley (from the Alien movies)
- Shikibu (after Murasaki Shikibu)
- Trinity (from the Matrix movies)
- Valkyrie (warrior women from Norse mythology)
- Venus (after the volcanic planet, not the dainty goddess of love)
- Xena (warrior princess)
- Ziana (means brave and bold)
My favorite badass name for a cat has to be Piper, since I’m a huge fan of Charmed. She was definitely the toughest good witch on the show!
I also love Valkyrie, as they’re the original badass women from Norse mythology. They take the souls of warriors to Valhalla to await Ragnarok.
If you prefer gangster cat names, Bonnie is a good pick! You can’t get much more gangster than Bonnie and Clyde! Of course, if you have a Bonnie, you definitely need a Clyde
➔➔Hey, did you download our List Of cat Names? Download it NOW & Check if your cat name is on the list.
Badass Names for Male Cats
From gangster cat names to historical badass men, these names for boy cats definitely say “don’t mess with me!”
Again, when the inspiration isn’t obvious, I provided a bit of context in the parenthesis.
- Ares (Greek god of war)
- Atilla (the Hun)
- Bane (supervillain from Batman)
- Cahal (means “battle ruler” in Gaelic)
- Capone (as in Al Capone, the original gangster)
- Clyde (Clyde Barrow)
- Diablo (means devil in Spanish)
- Draco (after Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter)
- Einarr: (means “lone warrior” in Norse)
- Gunnarr (Scandinavian word for “soldier warrior”)
- Harley (as in Harley Davidson here, not Harley Quinn)
- Hector (leader of the Trojan army)
- Hondo (Egyptian word for “war”)
- Ivan (the Great)
- Jesse (after Jesse James)
- Joker (from the Batman comics)
- Khan (as in Ghengis Khan)
- Leonidas (king of Sparta and a lead character in the movie 300)
- Mufasa (Simba’s badass father in The Lion King)
- Osiris (Egyptian god of the dead)
- Perseus (from Greek mythology)
- Takeo (a Japanese warrior name)
- Thanos (from Avengers Infinity War)
It’s hard to choose a favorite badass male cat name, but I love Loki. I am a big fan of Norse mythology, and it’s a fitting name for a trickster cat.
Then again, you can’t get much scarier than Osiris. After all, the Egyptian god decides where you spend your afterlife!
Or how about Thanos? One snap from that cat and half the world is gone in a flash. 😀
Your turn! Tell me your favorite badass cat names! Share below!