Last updated on August 26th, 2023 at 09:06 am
If you’re looking for a name that exudes power, strength, and a touch of rebellion for your feline companion, you’ve come to the right place.
Badass cat names can capture the fierce and independent spirit of your furry friend while adding a cool and edgy vibe to their persona.
Get ready to unleash your cat’s inner badass as we dive into the world of formidable feline names.
Badass Cat Names For Females
When I think about badass names for girl cats, I think about super strong women throughout history and fiction, so that’s what inspired most of the names below.
I’m also including some plain old “tough” sounding female names, just to give you a little more variety!
Some of the names require no introduction, but when necessary I’ve given you a bit of context.
- Amelia (as in Amelia Earhart)
- Anais (after Anais Nin)
- Annie (like Annie Oakley)
- Artemis (Greek goddess of the hunt)
- Athena (goddess of war)
- Bastet (Egyptian cat goddess)
- Beatrix (after Beatrix Kiddo from the Kill Bill movies)
- Billie (as in Billie Holiday)
- Bonnie (from Bonnie and Clyde)
- Boudica (a Celtic warrior queen)
- Charlie (as in Charlie Baltimore from The Long Kiss Goodnight)
- Circe (from Greek mythology)
- Eowyn (from Lord of the Rings)
- Esther (Hebrew queen who stopped a genocide)
- Ethel (as in Ethel L. Payne, a badass journalist during the Civil Rights movement)
- Everdeen (a good alternative to Katniss for Hunger Game fans)
- Galadriel (most powerful elf in Middle Earth)
- Harley (both Quinn and the motorcycle)
- Hatshepsut (Egyptian Pharaoh and all around badass woman)
- Hermione (from Harry Potter)
- Ivy (after Poison Ivy from Batman)
- Joan (of Arc)
- Katniss (from The Hunger Games)
- Lara (after Lara Croft from Tomb Raider)
- Leeloo (from The Fifth Element)
- Lilian (after Lilian Bland)
- Marie (Curie)
- Morticia (from The Addams Family)
- Mulan (Disney’s most kickass princess)
- Piper (from Charmed)
- Ripley (from the Alien movies)
- Shikibu (after Murasaki Shikibu)
- Trinity (from the Matrix movies)
- Valkyrie (warrior women from Norse mythology)
- Venus (after the volcanic planet, not the dainty goddess of love)
- Xena (warrior princess)
- Ziana (means brave and bold)
My favorite badass name for a cat has to be Piper, since I’m a huge fan of Charmed. She was definitely the toughest good witch on the show!
I also love Valkyrie, as they’re the original badass women from Norse mythology. They take the souls of warriors to Valhalla to await Ragnarok.
If you prefer gangster cat names, Bonnie is a good pick! You can’t get much more gangster than Bonnie and Clyde! Of course, if you have a Bonnie, you definitely need a Clyde
Badass Cat Names for Males
From gangster cat names to historical badass men, these names for boy cats definitely say “don’t mess with me!”
Again, when the inspiration isn’t obvious, I provided a bit of context in the parenthesis.
- Ares (Greek god of war)
- Atilla (the Hun)
- Bane (supervillain from Batman)
- Cahal (means “battle ruler” in Gaelic)
- Capone (as in Al Capone, the original gangster)
- Clyde (Clyde Barrow)
- Diablo (means devil in Spanish)
- Draco (after Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter)
- Einarr (means “lone warrior” in Norse)
- Gunnarr (Scandinavian word for “soldier warrior”)
- Harley (as in Harley Davidson here, not Harley Quinn)
- Hector (leader of the Trojan army)
- Hondo (Egyptian word for “war”)
- Ivan (the Great)
- Jesse (after Jesse James)
- Joker (from the Batman comics)
- Khan (as in Ghengis Khan)
- Leonidas (king of Sparta and a lead character in the movie 300)
- Mufasa (Simba’s badass father in The Lion King)
- Osiris (Egyptian god of the dead)
- Perseus (from Greek mythology)
- Takeo (a Japanese warrior name)
- Thanos (from Avengers Infinity War)
It’s hard to choose a favorite badass male cat name, but I love Loki. I am a big fan of Norse mythology, and it’s a fitting name for a trickster cat.
Then again, you can’t get much scarier than Osiris. After all, the Egyptian god decides where you spend your afterlife!
Or how about Thanos? One snap from that cat and half the world is gone in a flash.
Tough Cat Names For Males
This one’s easy, as there are a lot of tough feline characters throughout history and in folklore as well as cartoons that we can draw inspiration from.
- Scat the Cat
Whether it be from movies or deities, there are a few very fitting names, with Ares as one of our favorites.
Some of the names speak for themselves, like Tiger and Lion, the big cats have so much power they can take down most other animals.
Hulk, referred to as the strongest Avenger, can definitely live up to your tough cat.
Tough Cat Names For Females
Gangster Cat Names For Males
- Baby Face
- Mad Cat
- Joe or Joey
Gangster Cat Names For Females
- Angel Face
- Black Widow
Adventurous Cat Names For Females
- Aurora – Aurora borealis or Northern Lights. It is quite the sight to see with the sky being lit up and is something that inspires people to go on adventures.
- Brooke – When hiking through the countryside, people will often come across little streams with fresh water and these can also be known as brooks.
- Dove – When I think of adventure, I think of seeing the world whenever you want and creatures that can do this are birds.
- Fern – A Fern is a small, green plant that prefers to be in the shade, so if you have an indoor cat, this is a great name.
- Alice – The book is actually called Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, after all. If you don’t adore this name, you can also go with Alice’s cat: Dinah!
- Amelia – after Amelia Earhart, is the perfect name for an adventurous female cat! She was one of the first female pilots and the first to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Luna – Works perfectly if you have a white or pale grey cat to match the color of the moon. Luna is also the name of a brave and adventurous Harry Potter character!
- Raven – We have a name for a white cat on this list, so how about one for a black cat? Raven is such a mysterious name, which I think is great for a cat as you never know what they are going to do next.
- Sky – When most people want to travel to another country, they will go via a plane that soars through the sky. Whether you choose Sky or Skye as the name, you will always be reminded of adventures to be had.
- Star – Before people had satellite maps to guide them to their destination, travelers would use the stars to help them along the way.
Adventurous Cat Names For Males
- Cliff – Cliff is the perfect name for the male kitten that likes to climb on things.
- Diesel – Cars sometimes need diesel oil if they want to go on an adventure and it just so happens to make a great name for a playful kitten.
- Forrest – When you read an adventure book, the hero will nearly always have to travel through a forest of some kind.
- Hunter – Hunter is a great name for the adventurous kitten who sometimes likes to bring back unwanted presents.
- Indiana – Indiana Jones is the most adventurous movie character, so it only makes sense that his name has a spot on this list.
- Leaf (or Lief) – Leif, as in the Viking adventurer, Lief Eriksson.
- Maverick – A Maverick is often seen as being independent, which is definitely something that cats are.
- Phoenix – This mythological creature has a truly unique name that you can use as inspiration for your fiery little kitten.
- Ranger – Rangers keep woodland or forests in check, but it can also be a name for your kitten that is rugged and adventurous.
- Scout – Scouts were often sent out to gather information about a place or person.
Choosing a badass name for your cat is a perfect way to celebrate their fearless and independent nature.
From names inspired by warriors and superheroes to those that draw inspiration from mythology and the wild, badass cat names bring out the fierce spirit that resides within your feline companion.
Whether you have a daring female cat or a bold male cat, there are plenty of options to choose from to match their personality and create an aura of strength and confidence.
Your turn! Tell me your favorite badass cat names! Share below!
Olfa knows how to get things done and has a keen business sense that others admire. She’s always on the go, coming up with new ideas! Her ability to anticipate the needs of her readers and deliver information that they want is what makes CatVills such a success. She loves cuddling her cat Picaciu. He is her inspiration.