If you’re looking for the most affordable cat trees that give you the biggest bang for your buck, I’ve got you covered!
Today, we’ll talk about the top 5 trees that offer the best all-around value!
We’ll also quickly discuss what qualifies as “affordable,” because it’s not just about the price.
Grab your coffee and let’s get started!
Related: Top 5 Best Space-Saving Cat Trees
What qualifies as an affordable cat tree?
Before we talk about the most affordable cat trees, I think it’s a good idea to take a look at my criteria for choosing my favorites.
Price vs. Value
Obviously, price plays a major role in deciding if something is affordable, but not in the way you might think.
See, while affordable is synonymous with “inexpensive,” it’s also defined as “reasonably priced.”
When I look at affordable cat trees, I have the second definition in mind. I compare the price to the value to determine if it’s reasonable.
In other words, is the price fair for the value that my cat will get out of this tree?
Make sense? Good! Let’s move on!
Price vs. Durability
Durability factors into overall value but it’s worth calling out on its own.
Basically, I look at how long something will last compared to what I pay for it.
A $25 cat tree that only lasts a month is NOT affordable, since theoretically I’d have to pay $300 a year to keep replacing it.
So, if you see a tree that seems expensive for a post about affordable cat trees, know that there’s a good reason (which I’ll explain in the review).
Price vs. Versatility
Last, but far from least, I look at the price vs. versatility in determine affordability. To me, that means two things:
Does this cat tree offer my cat more than just a place to climb? Does it replace other cat furniture, like a bed or a scratching post?
If a $100+ cat tree replaces the need to buy these other items, then it’s more affordable than buying them separately.
Versatility within my home
Is it designed to be placed anywhere in my home? Perhaps it’s a modular cat tree that I can put together however I want?
In a home that’s severely short on space, that versatility definitely adds value!
Now that you know what I looked at in determining if a cat tree is affordable, let’s take a look at my favorites.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Top 5 Most Affordable Cat Trees
If you just want to jump right on in and start shopping, use the table below for a quick glance at my top picks, or keep reading for more details.
1. FEANDREA 68.5″ Cat Tree Review
The Feandrea 68.5″ cat tree is definitely a versatile tree that offers a big bang for your buck.
Features & Pros
- Total of five levels (including base) gives your cat plenty of exercise opportunities.
- Large enough for most breeds, including fat cats!
- Comes with a detachable cat bowl so your cats can dine high in the sky (and well away from any canine siblings!).
- With a cozy top perch, a large condo, a comfy hammock and a soft basket, all of your cats will have a great place to nap.
- The tree is strengthened with battens at the bottom and anti-toppling fittings to add extra stability.
- Cats can scratch away on the sisal-wrapped posts, which (hopefully) keeps them from clawing your sofa.
- FEANDREA has excellent customer service! Got questions before you buy? Ask away. Issues after you buy? Let them know and they’ll work with you to resolve them!
- The condo sides are made of fabric rather than solid material, so cats can put holes in them.
- Sisal wrapping eventually comes off if your cat uses it regularly.
- While the majority of the tree is stable, the top perch may wiggle a bit with a larger cat.
This is one of the most highly rated affordable cat trees on Amazon, so I feel very comfortable recommending it!
It meets my price vs. value requirements because it’s durable, stable, and replaces the need for a separate condo & scratching post. The bowl is also a nice extra!
- DETACHABLE CAT BOWL INCLUDED: Specially designed pet bowl allows your feline companions enjoy their meal while staying high up there, making this cat furniture their ultimate sweet home
- STABILITY IS ALWAYS PRIORITY: Constructed by CARB-certified natural particle boards and strengthened with battens at the bottom to ensure overall stability; anti-toppling fittings are included for double security
- ALL-IN-ONE RELAXING SPOT: Luxury top perch with raised edge allows your cat rest on its head while watching over the house; large condo, funny hammock and cozy basket provide different napping options
- SISAL-COVERED SCRATCHING POSTS: Reinforced posts (dia. 2.8") are wrapped with natural sisal rope to allow nail scratching and promote exercising; this cat tree is the perfect spot for your cats to jump around
- NOT SATISFIED YET? FEANDREA provides you with professional customer service both before and after your purchase; don’t wait any longer, add this to your home today!
2. Go Pet Club 62-Inch Cat Tree Review
Go Pet Club is one of the most popular pet furniture brands and you really can’t go wrong with any of their trees.
As far as affordability goes, though, I love their 62″ tree.
Features & Pros
- Total of four levels including the base.
- Made with durable compressed wood and wrapped in high-quality fake fur for ultimate comfort.
- Includes plenty of features, like a ladder, condo, tunnel, basket, and even a rope toy.
- Comes in 4 different colors so you can choose one that matches your decor.
- Sisal wrapping on nearly every post gives your cat plenty of scratching surfaces.
- The cat condo is fairly tiny, making it ideal only for petite kitties.
- The sisal wrapping doesn’t really stay put if your cat uses it a lot.
- The hammock doesn’t really stay put and is kind of useless.
I have another Go Pet Club cat tree that I really love. It’s lasted me more than a year so far, although the sisal rope is almost all gone.
The hammock really is kind of useless. I think my dog ended up eating mine after it fell off!
Still, overall, this is a great value for the price! My cats use their Go Pet Club tree every single day.
- BEAUTIFUL AND DURABLE This Cat Tree is made from highly durable compressed wood, wrapped with high quality Faux Fur finish to keep your cats warmed and cozy. Multiple scratching posts are covered by natural sisal ropes which is perfect for your cats to scratch, climb, play and become active. Easy to assemble with included tools and instructions.
- COMFORT AND ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOUR CAT: Your cat needs a space of their own to rest and play. They can take a nap or play around as much as they want; this cat tree lets your cat be more active. The Go Pet Club cat tree is durable enough for endless amount of playtime for your cat.
- FUN PLAYHOUSE: The quiet and roomy condo allows for your cat to nap without any disruptions; perches with raised edge allow more safety and support for your cat. Covering Material : Faux Fur
- SISAL- POSTS: sisal-covered posts adds more fun for playtime. Reinforced posts wrapped with natural sisal rope keeps your cat from scratching your furniture and allows your cat to have a fun way to exercise.
- DIMENSIONS : Overall Size : 38""W x 27""L x 62""H * Base Board Size : 26""W x 19""L * Size of Condo : 10. 5"" Día x 12. 5""H * Size of Top Perch : 13. 25""W x 13. 25""L x 2. 75""H". Number of Rope : 1, Number of Basket : 1, Number of Ladder : 1
3. Yaheetech 79″ Multi-Level Cat Tree Review
The Yaheetech 79″ cat tree doesn’t just give you a whole lot of value for the price, it’s also quite stylish!
Features & Pros
- Total of 5 levels including the base (6 if you count the perches separately).
- At over 6’5″, it’s the tallest tree on this list and lets your cat really reach new heights!
- A total of 9 sisal-wrapped scratching posts spread out across every level so kitty always has a place to sharpen those claws.
- Also includes a sisal ramp and a dangling rope toy.
- Large baseboard and a strap that you can attach to the wall add extra stability.
- Easy to assemble and includes all parts and tools.
- The distance between the levels may present a challenge to senior kitties or munchkin breeds.
- The first condo is a bit small, so only petite cats and kittens will really be able to use it.
- Again, the sisal wrapping will come lose at some point.
I really like this one because it’s low-priced for the amount of value that it offers.
That said, I don’t recommend it for very large breeds like Maine Coons. While the levels themselves are fine, the “accessories” are too small.
Side note, I keep wanting to call this the Yahtzee tree!
- Overall dimension (Approx.): 23 x 23 x 79'' (LxWxH); Baseboard size: 23 x 23 x 1’’ ((LxWxThickness); Round condo size: 12.2 x 12.2’’ (Dia.xH); Polygonal condo size: 16.3 x 16.3 x 12.2’’ (LxWxH).
- Cats’ fun center: There are 9 scratching posts in different heights help cats encourage positive scratching behavior and meet different scratching preferences; the sisal ramp and the dangling sisal rope above the ramp hole give cats another fun place to stretch and have fun. What's more, it is a perfect Christmas Gift for your feline friends.
- Stable & Sturdy: Features with 23 x 23’’ big baseboard to avoid wobbling or tipping over; a strap to attach the cat tree to the wall for extra stability; extra-strong sisal are strong and sturdy enough for your pets to play with.
- Placement: The cat tower is recommended to be placed near the window or in the corner, perfect for kitties/adult cats.
- Simple assembly: Comes with all necessary parts, hardware, tools and an illustrated manual to help you set up this cat tree quickly and without much effort.
4. Vesper Cat Tree Scratching Post with Condo Review
Looking for something a little different than the traditional carpet-covered cat tree? Check out the Vesper!
Features & Pros
- At about 49″ tall, it’s a good space-saver affordable cat tree.
- Posts are wrapped from top to bottom in seagrass rather than sisal.
- Cozy den has two entrances so kitty always has an “escape hatch.”
- Inside the den, your cat will rest comfortably on the memory foam cushions!
- Easy to clean and you can replace every part if need be.
- Some customers say it’s a bit challenging to assemble.
- No extra stability features (so not a good fit for homes with toddlers).
- While the seagrass is more durable than sisal, some cats may prefer sisal instead.
I think this is a rather beautiful cat tree and definitely something my cats would adore.
I like that the condo is large enough even for bigger kitties, and the memory foam cushions are a really nice touch.
If you’re just not that into carpet-covered trees, this is definitely a fantastic affordable option!
- Elegant yet practical line of cat furniture that satisfies the daily activity needs of fussy felines
- Cat tower has a cube with multiple exits for your cat to relax (or play) in
- Soft memory foam cat bed cushions
- Has cat scratching posts for your kitty to scratch
- Natural oak color to match any home décor
- Base: 22.1 x 22.1 inches; Height 47.9 inches
5. AmazonBasics Multi-Level Cat Tree Review
Amazon’s own brand, AmazonBasics, makes just about everything under the sun these days, so it’s no surprise that they have a cat tree.
It’s a fairly basic tree without a lot of bells and whistles but it’s fairly cheap (price-wise) and the value matches the price.
Features & Pros
- 5 levels including the base.
- Every pole is wrapped from top to bottom in natural jute fibers.
- Easy to assemble (passes the “won’t make Nikki cry” test).
- Solidly built and sturdy.
- The little dangling balls screw in rather than break away so it could potentially be a hazard if your cat’s tail or paw gets caught in it.
- Spacing between levels is a bit awkward.
- Condo isn’t really large enough for giant breed kitties (although one customer did mention that her 18lb cat fit in it, just barely).
I’ve bought a lot of AmazonBasics products and never had an issue with any of them. The price is right compared to what you get.
Is it the best tree on this list? No. However, it’s the most affordable in terms of the “inexpensive” definition of the word.
However, I would cut that toy ball right off before my cats ever saw it. I only saw two complaints about it, but they were enough to scare me!
- Multi-platform cat tree with scratching posts and enclosure
- Tiered platforms provide space for your cat to relax, play, and climb
- Helps keep your cat from damaging carpets, furniture, curtains, and more
- Natural jute fiber scratching posts help keep nails healthy
- Neutral color tones fit in with your home’s existing décor
- Durable, long-lasting construction
While these all fit my definition of the best affordable cat trees in one way or another, my money (literally) is on the Go Pet Club tree.
I’ve had a great experience with them in the past and although the sisal rope is almost off my tree, the rest of it is holding up great.
In fact, it was thrown across the room once (don’t ask, and no, it wasn’t in a fit of violence or anything so dramatic) and it’s STILL holding up fine.
On the other hand, if you want something a little different, I really do love the Vesper!
How about you? What are your picks for the best affordable cat trees? Share below!
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API