Looking for wonderfully regal cat names inspired by royalty?
Royal families are usually made up of kings, queens, princes and princesses.
While the numbers are dwindling, there are still several countries today where the head of state is a king and/or queen.
Whether based on current members of the royal family, ancient history, or royalty ranks, these names are perfect for any cat.
You may also love:100 Aesthetic Cat Names for Your Beautiful Kitty
Male Cat Names Inspired by Royalty
We’ll start with names inspired by current royal families!
Then, we’ll take a look at some great historical kings, and finish off with regal titles that make great cat names.
- Archie– Archie Harrison Mountbatten
- George– the oldest child of Prince William.
- Harry– youngest of the two sons of Prince Charles.
- Louis– youngest child of Prince William and Catherine.
- Philip– husband of Queen Elizabeth.
- William– older son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana.
- Laurent– youngest child of Albert, the former King of Belgium
- Lorenz-part of the Belgian royal family by marriage.
- Henrik– son of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.
- Joachim– youngest son of Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe.
- Constantijn– youngest son of Beatrix and the late Prince Claus.
- Jacques– heir apparent to the Monegasque throne, even at the tender age of 5.
- Harald– King of Norway, took the throne in 1991.
- Felipe– Felipe VI is the reigning King of Spain.
- Gabriel– son of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia.
- Nicolas– son of Princess Madeleine and Christopher O’Neill, a British-American financier.
- Alfred the Great- believed to be the very first King of England.
- Eadred- Ruled England from 946 until 955
- Sweyn- the ruler from the House of Denmark was King of England in 1013.
- Ironside– Edmund Ironside ruled England for 222 days in 1016.
- Canute – ruled right after Edmund Ironside.
- Louis the Lion– Nickname of Louis VIII of England.
- Henry– Take your pick, there were so many King Henrys!
- Archduke– The son of the emperor of Austria.
- Baron– A rank of nobility or title of honor, usually hereditary.
- Count– A European title of nobility, equivalent to a British Earl.
- Duke– A nobleman of the highest hereditary rank.
- Emperor– The supreme male monarch of an empire.
- King– A male supreme ruler of a nation or territory.
- Knight– A mounted soldier in armor who served a feudal superior.
- Lord– A man who has a high rank in the nobility.
- Marquess– A British nobleman ranking above an Earl and below a Duke.
- Prince– The son of a King and/or Queen.
- Viscount– A British nobleman ranking above a Baron and below an Earl.
I really love the old names of the first kings of England, how about you?
FEMALE CAT NAMES INSPIRED BY ROYAL FAMILIES
Like the males, we started with current royal families, then head back through history for some more great ideas.
Again, we’ll finish off with some of our favorite cat names inspired by royal titles.
- Beatrice– oldest daughter of Prince Andre, Duke of York
- Elizabeth-Current Queen of England.
- Charlotte– 4th in the line of succession to the British throne.
- Diana– first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales and the mother of Prince William and Prince Harry.
- Eugenie– youngest daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York.
- Kate– popularly known as Kate Middleton
- Meghan– is one of the newest members of the British royal family.
- Sophie– wife of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, who is the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth.
- Zara-daughter of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips
- Astrid– the daughter of former Belgian monarchs, King Albert and Queen Paola.
- Eleonore– 4th in line to the throne of Belgium
- Mathilde– Queen Mathilde of Belgium
- Benedikte– the middle daughter of Frederick, Denmark’s former king.
- Josephine– the youngest child of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark
- Ariane-the youngest daughter of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima.
- Laurentien– wife of Prince Constantijn
- Gabriella– daughter of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene
- Mette– Crown Princess of Norway
- Sonja– Queen Sonja of Norway is the wife of Harald V, the King of Norway.
- Leonor oldest daughter of King Felipe and Queen Letizia.
- Birgitta– older sister of King Carl Gustaf.
- Silvia– Queen Silvia of Sweden is the wife of King Carl Gustaf.
- Anne– after Anne Stuart of the 18th century.
- Chabi, empress to Kublai Khan
- Jane– Queen of England for 9 days in 1553, or after Lady Jane if you prefer!
- Archduchess– The wife or widow of an Archduke.
- Baroness– The wife or widow of a Baron.
- Countess– The wife or widow of a Count or Earl.
- Dame– The title given to a woman that is equivalent to the rank of a Knight.
- Duchess– The wife or widow of a Duke.
- Empress– The wife or widow of an Emperor.
- Lady– The female equivalent of a Lord.
- Marchioness– The wife or widow of a Marquess.
- Princess– The daughter of a King and/or Queen.
- Queen– A female supreme ruler of a nation or territory.
- Viscountess– The wife or widow of a Viscount.
From the girl’s list, I love Birgitta! It’s such a pretty idea!