If you’re looking for the best floor to ceiling cat trees, I’ve got you covered!
Today, we’ll take a look at ten different options that range from space-savers to “wow, that’s a big tree!”
Basically, a little something for everyone (yep, even those of you with really large cats!).
Let’s check them out!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
TOP Floor to Ceiling Cat Trees AT A GLANCE
- CAT CRAFT THREE TIER FLOOR-TO-CEILING CAT TREE
- S-LIFEELING CAT CLIMBING TOWER
- CATSCOZYSPACE FLOOR-TO-CEILING CAT TREE IN WHITE
- 90″ HAMMONDVILLE 3 TIER FLOOR TO CEILING CAT TREE
- DOWNTOWN PET SUPPLY DELUXE INTERACTIVE CAT TREE
Check this comparison table for a quick guide. Read the cat trees review for further details.
Top 10 Best Floor to Ceiling Cat Trees
Most of my picks for the best floor to ceiling cat trees are fantastic for small homes, thanks to their thin profile.
When you’re short on room, you need to take advantage of every square inch, including unused “air space.”
That said, I did include a few ginormous structures for those who want to create the ultimate kitty playroom. Check them out!
Don’t forget to check these cheap cat towers!
Let’s start with an option that should fit just about any home and budget.
The Cat Craft 3-tiered tree is fairly basic, but sometimes that’s all you need.
Features & benefits OF Cat Craft 3-tiered tree
- Great for kittens and smaller cats.
- Easy to put together.
- Soft and smooth carpet that’s more tightly woven than most brands
- Fits ceilings up to 9 feet.
- Neutral colors fit any room decor.
- Rotate the levels to any configuration you want.
- A bit wobbly
- Won’t fit XL kitties
- Not all that durable (basically, worth what you pay for it)
While it’s not much to look at in terms of features, it has fairly good reviews among users.
Plus, the price is right for those who don’t need something designed to last an eternity.
This would be my pick for those living in an apartment on a temporary basis. For my “long-term” pick, though, keep reading.
- HOURS OF FUN OR REST: The Cat Craft Three Tier Cat Tree will keep your cat occupied for hours with multiple places to perch! Our cat activity tree allows for cats to safely and naturally scratch, climb and simply lounge around on 3 different platforms.
- SAFE, DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: A sturdy base and ceiling connector tenson rod provides added stability for your pet, as they have a safe surface to scratch and claw! Cat towers help prevent your cat from damaging home furniture.
- FITS YOUR DECOR: With earth-tone neutral colors, our modern cat tree fits any room décor. Because of the cat tree's compact design, it fits great in corners of rooms without being an eye-sore.
- IDEAL FOR A WIDE RANGE OF CATS: Our cat tree is ideal for kittens of any breed, and for small and medium sized adult cats.
- FITS FLAT CEILINGS BETWEEN 7'5"" - 9' TALL: Our floor-to-ceiling cat activity tree adjusts in height from 90"" to 108"" while each perch platform measures 17""L x 10.625""W. This carpet cat tree does not fit vaulted or cathedral ceilings.
The S-Lifeeling cat tower looks kind of basic as well, but it has some notable features that make it stand out from other similar trees.
Features & benefits OF S-Lifeeling cat tower
- Made with eco-friendly materials.
- Sturdy and heavier base board for added stability.
- Two color options (including a really fun purple)
- Easy to assemble
- Fits ceilings up to 10′ tall
- Not really a lounger so much as a climbing tree
- Some large cats may not fit on it
- While it fits tall ceilings, the pole is actually too long for shorter ones!
While the levels are too narrow for a cat to sit and have a snooze on, reviewers with “fat fluffy cats” say it’s fine for them to climb.
I like it because it fits higher ceilings…and it comes in purple! Okay, so I’d probably still get the beige one, but still, who doesn’t love purple?
- Cats are naturally fond of high places, and this cat crawler is just what cats like.
- Selected Material: Our Cat tree made by eco-friending board material for your cats to play in a safety enviornment. Sturdy and heavier based board for cat to play in more stablely.
- Product specification: base 27 cm * 43 cm (10.6inch * 17 inch), 286 cm(113 inch) long, adjustable, each layer height 55 cm(21.6inch) board thickness 1.5 cm, weight 10 kg.
- Product color: beige/blue photo and display will produce slight error.
- Product description: the material is made of carpet, which can dry clean and adhere to the falling fur of cats.
The CatsCozySpace tree is a beautiful handmade option that’s almost completely customizable.
Features & benefits OF CatsCozySpace tree
- Free shipping worldwide
- Made with solid natural wood and sisal
- Six spots for cats to use
- Customize the pads with felt, wool, or other materials
- Large enough for most breeds, and customizable to other sizes
- Sells out fast
- Takes 2-3 weeks before it ships
- Ships from Poland, so takes a while to arrive
Since nearly everything about this tree can be customized, it’s a truly unique option that’s designed to be perfect for your kitty in every way.
While the one pictured here probably isn’t going to be large enough for a Maine Coon, the seller will build it in other sizes.
Yes, it’s pricey. Yes, it takes a while to arrive. However, it’s absolutely gorgeous and totally worth every penny.
If this one is gone, check out their shop on Etsy for similar items.
Let’s head over to Wayfair for this beautiful 90″ Tucker Murphy cat tree. Not only is it stylish, but it fits pretty much all breeds except for the largest of the MCs.
Features & benefits OF 90″ Tucker Murphy cat tree
- 3-tier carpet tree
- Durable piece to satisfy cats climbing, perching and scratching needs
- Looks stylish in your home
- Fits ceilings from 7’4” up to 9 feet.
- Great for single or multiple cat homes.
- Three different perch heights for hours of fun.
- For kittens and adult cats up to 20 pounds.
- Easy to assemble.
- Does not fit vaulted/cathedral ceilings.
- Hacksaw needed to cut PVC pipe extension tubes
- Not large enough for a large Maine Coon cat
- A tad pricey
I think this tree is absolutely beautiful, albeit a little pricey. Totally worth it, though, for a piece that doesn’t look atrocious in your home, don’t you think?
While it may be a tad too small for the largest end of the Maine Coon size spectrum, it should be just fine for all other kitties.
Want something that looks like a tree branch you’d find in the jungle? Check out the Downtown Pet Supply’s Tall Cat Activity Tree
Features & benefits OF Downtown Pet Supply Deluxe Interactive Cat Tree
- Looks and feels kind of like a real tree trunk
- Four perches covered with soft grass-like material.
- The entire post is wrapped in sisal to encourage cats to claw it and not your sofa.
- A layer of carpeting under the sisal keeps it looking good even when the rope comes off.
- Stretches from 93-97.5″ inches tall.
- Secures to ceiling with spring-powered mechanism.
- Very small floor footprint (14×8″)
- Super affordable!
- Easy to swap out worn sections if you buy a second one.
- The “leaves” can fall off easily
- Base isn’t really weighted enough
- Not big enough for large cats
Here’s a neat little fact- one reviewer bought a second one because the first one wore out in some spots. She discovered that she could make a “super post” because the pieces all fit together.
So, if you have extremely high ceilings, buy two (it’s affordable enough!) and combine them. Just save whatever you don’t use to replace worn spots on the parts you do!
Just keep in mind that it’s not really a good fit for big cats. If you have a petite feline friend, though, it’s a good pick.
- Cat Tower For Indoor Cats: Attract your cat with tightly woven sisal rope for cat scratcher wrapped around the pole to motivate them to practice their scratching away from your furniture
- Quality Cat Furniture: Tall scratching post is made of strong materials including wooden base and pole with stainless steel hardware, with woven fibers that will attract your feline’s attention
- Large Cat Tree: Sisal cat scratcher has four perches covered with a soft, green grass-like material. A modern cat tree for large cat that is fun for smaller cats too
- Fits Any Space: With the no-damage securing mechanism and easy assembly, a cat tree scratcher can be placed almost anywhere without taking up too much room in your home
- Pet Supplies for Furry Friends: We are pet owners first and business owners second, making our own products and standing behind them
The name says it all- this Go Pet Club tree is HUGE!
Definitely not a space-saver cat tree, but a fantastic option for a cat-centric home with plenty of room.
Features & benefits OF Go Pet Club Huge Cat Tree
- Go Pet Club has a stellar reputation for making great cat trees.
- Sisal-wrapped poles for scratching.
- Plush, cozy carpeting covers the whole thing (aside from the poles)
- Includes 3 cat condos and 3 lounging baskets.
- Condos are big enough for larger cats.
- Fits ceilings up to 106′ high
- Customizable (you can leave off the ladders to give cats more room and take the baskets out of the equation)
- Easy to assemble
- Falls just 2 inches short of fitting a 9′ ceiling.
- Baskets are too small for large cats
- With the ladders, it’s a bit too narrow for large kitties as well
If you want a large cat tree that anchors to the ceiling, you really never can go wrong with Go Pet Club.
My tree by them (a different model) lasted three years before we took it down because we needed the space.
It took a major licking and kept on ticking, as that old watch commercial says! I’m definitely going to buy another from them in the future.
- Huge Cat Tree Furniture
- Material: Compressed wood, faux fur, sisal rope
- For medium to large size cat
- Assembly instruction and tools included
- Overall Size : 50"W x 16"L x 92"-106"H * (Top pole is adjustable and can be attached to the ceiling) * Base Board Size : 28"W x 16"L * Size of 3 Condo Houses to Sleep in:15.5"W x 15.5"L x 12"H * Size of 3 Baskets : 12"W x 12"L * Number of Ladders : 3 * Number of Ropes : 2 * Number of Posts : 18 * Number of Levels : 18
The CatastrophiCreations Cat Mod Climb Track doesn’t fit on your floor or hook into your ceiling. So, why is it on this list?
Well, basically, the entire structure is totally modular, so you could easily start it at floor level and stretch it all the way up to your ceiling!
Features & benefits OF CatastrophiCreations Cat Mod Climb Track
- Handcrafted using premium materials.
- Includes a sisal-wrapped pole for scratching, a large lounging hammock/bridge, and a smaller lounging hammock.
- Wall mounted, so you don’t have to worry about your ceiling being too low or too high.
- Works with all other CatastrophiCreations sets and individual pieces.
- Fabric is removable and washable.
- Comes in three color options for the stained wood pieces (although some cost more than others)
- Has to be wall mounted, so you need to know where your studs are.
- Directions are hard to follow.
- Smaller hammock isn’t big enough for a large breed cat
If you want something that can easily go from floor to ceiling without needing to attach to either, this is the best choice.
Yes, it’s expensive, especially if you add on additional pieces, but it’s worth it.
- Hand-crafted beautiful, large, and sleek design
- Perfect play structure to bring out the acrobat in your cat
- A great way to correct furniture-scratching behavior
- Fabric can be easily removed for washing
- Gives cats an outlet for their climbing needs
- Age Range Description: All Stages
Another unique find, this one by PawHut is easily customized and fairly portable, making it a cinch to relocate from room to room.
Features & benefits OF PawHut Cat Tree Tower
- Floor to ceiling tension to keep tower stable
- Four movable perches, put them on any level you want.
- A large comfy hammock for lounging
- Spring-loaded brackets mean you don’t have to screw it into your ceiling.
- Soft plush covered perches
- Expensive, considering it lacks the options other models have
- Perches are too narrow for large cats
- Can’t buy additional pieces, so not good for two cats who both want a hammock.
While I like the overall idea of this one, I feel like it’s best for a single-cat house.
If they sold additional perches and hammocks, though, it would definitely be among my top 5 picks for the best floor to ceiling cat trees.
- Floor to ceiling tension to keep tower stable
- Four movable perches and hammock
- Spring loaded brackets make it easily movable from room to room
- Soft plush covered perches give great places for cats to relax
- Full Size: 30.25"W x 12"D x 89" ~ 114.75"H
The Trixie Zaragoza is another fantastic choice for those who want something more than just a pole and some perches.
Features & benefits OF TRIXIE Pet Products Zaragoza Adjustable Cat Tree
- Great for low ceilings, since it adjusts from 87-102″
- Wrapped in sisal and plush
- Fleece-lined condo has two entry ways.
- Wrapped in soft plush and natural sisal
- Ladder has sisal rungs
- Also includes a plush tunnel and a hammock
- Very durable design
- Too short for higher ceilings. Max height is 8.5″
- Directions are challenging
- Tunnel is too small for most cats
This one is great if you love the idea of the Go Pet Club tree above but need something just a smidge smaller.
It has fantastic reviews (not a single 1-star at this time) and everyone just raves about how it’s sturdier than expected.
- Floor to ceiling design with ceiling attachment
- Adjustable in height from 87 to 102 inches
- Wrapped in soft plush and natural sisal
- Condo lined in fleece with two entry and exit points
- Plush play tunnel and hammock plus ladder with sisal rungs
The Reeple is a last-minute entry because the tree I planned to put here went out of stock overnight and it doesn’t say when it’ll be back.
It’s a beautiful option that’s quite similar to many of the other trees above, but worthy of its own mention.
Features & Benefits OF Reeple 108″ Cat Tree
- Stylish grey color fits well with the best modern cat furniture and decors.
- Fits ceilings up to 108″
- No drilling, just secure it with the telescopic rod
- Made of durable compressed wood.
- Wrapped in non-woven materials (prevents unraveling)
- Comes with sisal rope that you can place where ever you want.
- Easy to assemble within minutes.
- Only holds up to about a 15lb cat
- Secured with a suction cup, so it may not work on all ceiling materials.
- Carpet isn’t all that durable.
While there are some complaints that the carpeting isn’t the most durable, for the price I wouldn’t expect it to last years.
I like that you can decide where to put the sisal. Since it’s not glued on, it’s also easy to remove and replace.
- 😺SIZE OF FUN TALL CAT TOYS😺: L:17.32inch, W:11.02inch, H:87-108inch Tall Cat climbing tower covers a small area after installation, saves space
- 🌲NO NEED TO DRILL HOLES🌲: Cat house with scratching post， No holes need to be drilled during installation. The telescopic rod supports the top, which is safe and convenient.All the hardware and tools are included
- 😺MATERIAL OF CAT ACTIVITY PLATFORM😺: Cat toys made from highly durable compressed wood, wrapped with high quality Faux Nonwovens keep your cats warmed and cozy.Each cat condo and tower comes with a free natural sisal ropes,which is perfect for your cats to scratch,fun to DIY
- 😺HEIGHT UP TO 108”🌲: This attractive 87-108”tall cat tree can keep your feline friend busy,Cats are naturally fond of high places, and this cat crawler is just what your pets like.The Tiger Tough Kitten Furniture can accommodate four adult cats to play together, trays bear 10 kg, fat cats also can play together
- 🌲CONTAIN SISAL- POSTS🌲: Natural sisal rope, with natural flavor, please ventilate before use. You can tie it up freely to increase the fun of playing. Reinforced posts wrapped with natural sisal rope keeps your cat from scratching your furniture and allows your cat to have a fun way to exercise
My favorite out of all of these floor-to-ceiling cat trees has to be the one from Wayfair, the Tucker Murphy cat tree. It’s just beautiful, isn’t it?
I also love the Go Pet Club one for homes with a bit more space. It has everything my three cats could ever want and then some.
Your turn! What are your picks for the best floor-to-ceiling cat trees? Tell me below!
Nicole is one of the writers here on CatVills. She’s been a cat lover most of her life and-at one point- counted five felines as part of her family. Today, she’s proud cat mom to two indoor kitties and caregiver for a slew of ferals.
Learn more about Nicole Here
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API