Last Updated: 3 days ago
Looking for some fantastic names for bobtail cats? Wait until you see our list!
Since these cute kitties are famous for their poofs for tails, it’s only fitting that their names highlight this adorable trait.
It is said that cats need their tails to balance, so would a Bobtail cat be lacking in this department?
Bobtail Cat Names For Males
Since the Bobtail is not a very common breed, you’ll want to give your little boy a unique name that accentuates his cute, stubby tail.
Read on for some of our favorite bobtail cat names for males.
- Poof – similar to the names above it, it’s used to emphasize the tail.
- Baggins – Like Bilbo Baggins, the hobbit in Lord of the Rings.
- Bandit – To give a tough factor to an otherwise adorable cat.
- Bob – Because his tail bobs around.
- Billy Bob
- Orb – Again, named after the spherical shape of his stubby tail.
- Denali – Great One in Hindu, because your cat is still great even without a long and elegant tail.
- Dexter- Similar to the word “dexterity”, which your cat can still have a lot of.
- Flare – Similar to the shape of his tail.
- Fearless – A cat without a long tail can still be fearless
- Grayson – After Robin of Batman and Robin, who was an agile acrobat.
- Havoc – Cats can wreak havoc all the same with or without a long tail.
- Leo – A male lion, the king of animals, possess a poof at the end of his tail.
- Mewtwo – Do you like Pokemon? It was once and probably still is one of the most powerful ones.
- Nitro – Named after the liquid chemical that gives cars that extra boost of speed.
- Little One
- Tiger – A lot of American Bobtails have tabby stripes that resemble those of a tiger.
Most of the cat names we have chosen are selected to attract attention to the Bobtail’s most coveted feature: their tail.
Names like Nitro and Grayson add a bit of grace and speed to a cat that might be lacking in these departments.
Names such as Stubbs, Poof and Pom are great names for cats with cute and short tails.
Our favorite might be Leo, which shows your cat that even the King of all animals has a cute poof at the end of his tail.
Now some of the names above can be unisex, but we have also compiled a list of names just for your female Bobtail cat.
Bobtail Cat Names For Females
- Flower – The gorgeous shape of the short tail your cat has.
- Grace – Because a small tail shouldn’t hinder her grace.
- Jinx – A famous cat name. Have you watched Meet the Parents?
- Mew – The cuter and smaller counterpart of Mewtwo.
- Bella – Beautiful, because that’s what your little girl is no matter what.
- Chiquita – Little girl
- Duchess – Give your cat a confidence boost
- Minnie (Mini) – For their cute and small tail
- Shortcake – Maybe this is more meant for Muchkins, but it’s still loveable and sweet
- Nala – Simba’s love from The Lion King
- Star – Because that’s what your cat is, the shining star of your life.
- Sugar – For people who have sweet and loving cats.
- Tiger Lily
- Zoom – Cats are fast, limber and agile, no matter the tail.
- Freckles – For the common markings of a Bobtail cat.
- Small Fry
- Tigress – Because she can be tough and fearless too, just like her larger counterpart.
- Spitz – Spitz dogs possess a curled and poofy tail, the closest to a Bobtail cat.
- Patches – If you have a Japanese Bobtail, chances are your cat has patches of black and orange.
- Hello Kitty – Apparently, this iconic Sanrio character may have been modeled after a Japanese Bobtail, since she doesn’t have the standard long tail.
Whether you want to draw attention to the Bobtail’s unique feature or not, the above names are endearing nonetheless.
With names such as Small Fry for the smallest member of your family to Tigress and Duchess, ones to instill pride in your feline, you can find the perfect name for your sweet little Bobtail.
Whether it’s the American Bobtail or the Japanese, one of these names will be the perfect fit for your new kitten.
Are you thinking of getting a Bobtail?
The Japanese Bobtails tend to have shorter and poofier tails, and the American Bobtails possess longer ones (although not always). Another difference is the markings on each breed.
Which bobtail cat names do you love most? Share your favorite in the comments below!
Olfa knows how to get things done and has a keen business sense that others admire. She’s always on the go, coming up with new ideas! Her ability to anticipate the needs of her readers and deliver information that they want is what makes CatVills such a success. She loves cuddling her cat Picaciu. He is her inspiration.