Hey there, Wizarding World fan, I hear you’re looking for Harry Potter cat names!
You’re in luck, because I happen to be a superfan (or Potterhead, as they call us)
Below, you’ll find the ultimate list of male and female kitty names ripped right from the pages of Rowling’s masterpiece.
Check them out, then tell me your favorites!
Check: Brilliant Literary Cat Names
200 Best Harry Potter Cat Names
We’ll break up our list of Harry Potter cat names into three categories.
Right below, you’ll find my top 10 favorites overall.
If those don’t excite you, though, keep reading for 100 great ideas for females and 100 for males!
Check out this cool video on some cute Harry Potter Cat Names.
@potterhead2240 🌼🍗cute Harry Potter names for cats🍀💜#harrypotter #cats ♬ happier – Ty for the 32k ✨
Our Top 10 Favorite Harry Potter Cat Names
- Hermione Granger
- Mrs. Norris
Top 100 Harry Potter Female Cat Names
The Potterverse is filled with wonderful and powerful witches that I’m sure wouldn’t mind having their name borrowed for your kitty!
Well, maybe Bellatrix would mind. She’s pretty nasty! Still, she makes our list because her name is just so cool!
- Accio (Summoning spell, useful for finding disappearing kitties!)
- Alohomora- spell to open doors
- Ariana – Ariana Dumbledore, Albus’ sister
- Aurora Sinistra
- Bathilda – Noted historian in the wizarding world
- Bellatrix -Unarguably the nastiest of all the witches, wouldn’t you say?
- Cho – Cho Chang, dated Harry for a while, Ravenclaw student
- Dawn – English Quidditch Beater
- Dilys – Headmistress of Hogwarts
- Doxy- a fairy that bites
- Ferula- a spell to fix broken bones, but it makes a cute cat name!
- Fleur Delacour
- Gilly (as in Gillyweed from Goblet of Fire)
- Hellebore- a flower
- Kneazle – a magical cat-like creature
- Minerva – Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts
- Mirabella – Transfigured herself into a haddock
- Mrs. Norris
- Myrtle – A RavenClaw student that haunted the girl’s bathroom
- Paws – Arabella Figg’s cat
- Petunia – Harry’s muggle aunt
- Rolanda – Teacher for broomstick flying
- Rosmerta – Landlady at the three Broomsticks
- Snitch- a great unisex name!
I really love the idea of naming a cat Kneazle. I mean, it’s literally a cat-like creature, and they’re said to make fantastic pets for wizards!
Some of these names can be unisex. so if you love them for a boy, go for it! However, we did come up with 50 male Harry Potter cat names that we think you’ll love.
READ MORE: Cat Witch Names
Top 100 Harry Potter Male Cat Names
Again, there’s no shortage of fantastic male Harry Potter cat name ideas.
Over the course of 7 books, hundreds of mighty and maddening wizards have strolled across the pages.
- Barnabas – Former owner of the Elder Wand
- Barty – Barty Crouch Jr, one of the death eaters
- Basilisk – Monster serpent from The Chamber of Secrets
- Bezoar- a cure-all
- Chaser- a Quidditch position
- Chudley- after the Chudley Cannons, Ron’s favorite team
- Comet- type of broomstick
- Diggory – Cedric Diggory
- Dobby- a great name for a Sphynx!
- Draco – Harry’s rival
- Dumbledore – Headmaster of Hogwarts
- Errol – The Weasel Family Owl
- Evanesco- vanishing spell, something cats are great at!
- Fang – Hagrid’s Dog
- Fawkes – Dumbledore’s phoenix
- Figg – Member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Firebolt- a really awesome broom
- Fudge – Minister for Magic
- Garrick – Owner of Ollivanders (shop of wands)
- Gilderoy – Teacher of defense against the dart arts
- Griphook – a great unisex name
- Hedwig – Harry Potter’s pet owl
- Lord Voldemort – Harry’s greatest enemy
- Lucius – Draco’s father
- Lumos Nox
- Mr. Tibbles
- Myron – Lead singer for The Weird Sisters rock band Molly
- Neville – Neville Longbottom
- Quirrell – Professor of defense against the dark arts
- Severus- or Snape also works!
- Sirius – Sirius Black, Harry’s godfather
- Stan – Conductor of the Knight Bus
- Weasley – Harry’s best friend
- Winky – House elf in hogwart’s Kitchen
- Yaxley – Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Check: Persian Cat Names
Once again, I’ve included both good wizards as well as a few of the nastiest of the nasties!
Although, maybe naming your kitty after the darkest wizard ever to walk the earth isn’t really a good idea!
Of course, you can always call him “He Who Must Not Be Named” or “You Know Who!”
While I shared my top ten favorites above, it really is hard to choose just one of these Harry Potter cat names!
I feel like I need to go adopt 100 cats so I can use them all! Of course, that would be absurd…right?
Which of these Harry Potter cat names do you love most? Share below!
Nicole is one of the writers here on CatVills. She’s been a cat lover most of her life and-at one point- counted five felines as part of her family. Today, she’s proud cat mom to two indoor kitties and caregiver for a slew of ferals.
Learn more about Nicole Here