If you’re looking for the best cat names that mean survivor, you’ve come to the right place!
Below, you’ll find 35 perfect names for your own little survivor!
These names are perfect for a rescue kitty who has been through a rough time, or for a cat that celebrates your own triumph over life’s darker side.
Read on to find the perfect one for your new kitty!
Related ➜ Top 10 Spiritual Black Cat Names (with Meanings)
Top 35 Survivor Cat Names
From an underdog to a fighter to finally being a survivor! Your little feline friend has simply amazed you by pulling through hard times after having a difficult start in life.
Now, you want to honor the overwhelming trials and tribulations that your cat has endured and choose the perfect moniker for them, one that showcases their strength and survival story.
Why not name your tough cat Survivor
Related: One-Eyed Cat Names
The name is bound to make people curious and give you a chance to proudly share your little champion’s story.
Don’t love that name, but want something that means the same thing? Looking for something catchy, unique, or even exotic?
Here are 35 fabulous names for cats! The list has some great options for both male and female kitties!
To make things simpler, I’m breaking down the list into similar categories.
Simple Survivor Cat Names
Want a simple name that exhibits your cat’s resilience and strength to combat hardships? Then one of the following names will make a perfect choice.
- Champion, or Champ for short
- Perseverance, or Percy for short
- Victory or Victor
Foreign Names with Similar Meaning
Looking for a rare, exotic name for your feline companion, but don’t want to miss out on their fighting spirit?
Then why not choose a foreign name that represents the strength and fortitude that you want your cat’s name to denote?
- Adofo – Ghanaian for brave fighter and little warrior.
- Albern – An old name with German origin, the meaning of the word is noble courage.
- Alois – Derived from Old Germanic, the name means famous warrior.
- Andro, Andreos, Andrus – Greek and Croatian word for warrior.
- Bahadur – Hindi and Nepali word for brave.
- Dapper – Meaning brave and courageous in Afrikaans as well as Dutch, and “handsome” in the English language, this name covers it all!
- Einar – Derived from the Old Norse word Einarr, the name refers to bold and valor.
- Eros – Meaning strong in Hungarian, Eros is also referred to as the God of love and the son of Aphrodite in Greek Mythology.
- Geesinimo – Somali word meaning courage, valor, and bravery.
- Khalon – Originating in America, the word means strong warrior.
- Koa – Meaning valiant warrior in Hawaiian. It can also mean strong, brave and fearless.
- Mayster – Champion in Yiddish.
- Ola – The Hawaiian word for survivor. It also refers to health, healed and thriving.
- Prezivio – Survivor in Croatian.
- Salibi – Arabic word for crusader.
- Sarid – Hebrew for survivor.
- Selamat – Indonesian word meaning survivor.
- Toa– Maori word for champion and warrior.
- Treun – Brave in Scottish Gaelic.
- Tulelo – Hungarian word for survivor.
Survivors’ Names with Historical or Mythological Significance
A history buff or a mythology lover? Want to include this interest while picking your kitty’s name? But you also want to highlight their history and fight for survival?
Why not pick a name that does both?
Just choose a famous historical or mythical character’s name for your feline buddy, one that stands out for their courage, strength and endurance.
A name of two mythological Greek characters renowned for their valor, the name signifies great courage in the face of danger and hardships.
Ajax the Great was a brave warrior who led the Greeks in the Trojan wars after Achilles’ withdrawal.
Another Ajax from the Trojan wars is known as Ajax the Lesser. Next to Achilles the most proficient with the spear, this Ajax is described as one of the great heroes among the Greeks.
Related ➜ 100 cat names starting with A
Anne Frank was a young, courageous little girl of Jewish descent who aspired to become a journalist.
At the age of 13 years, Anne and her family spent 2 years in hiding from the Germans during World War II.
She was a diarist and author who became world famous after her personal diary was found and published widely after her death.
The first lady of the USA, Eleanor Roosevelt described her writings as “one of the wisest and most moving commentaries on war and its impact on human beings that I have ever read.”
The first king of the Franks, Clovis is considered the founder of the Merovingian dynasty.
Under his short rule of roughly 30 years, all of the Frankish tribes came under one banner and remained so for the next two centuries.
The name which is originally Germanic means famed warrior. It would make a great name for the little new ruler of your heart and home.
Related: Sassy Cat names
A mythical half-dragon half-man, Magnar is said to carry a magical shovel and having violently good tendencies.
The name originates from the Norse word Magn that means strong and fierce.
Related ➜ Cute Cowboy Cat Names
Sanosuke is a Japanese samurai from the Edo period who is said to have been strong, loyal and valiant. He had risen from the ranks to become a master of the spear.
The name was also used to base a character from an anime and manga series, one portrayed as a fighter and protector of people. You can shorten Sanosuke and nickname your new kitty Sano.
These are my favorite name suggestions for survivor cat names.
I find it very hard for me to choose just one or two names from this list. But the thought of having a cat named Dogged seems quite witty to me.
So, what are you waiting for? Complete your little kitty’s welcome into your home by choosing their perfect name, one that represents and honors their unique story!