If you’re having a hard time choosing a moniker for your kitty, why not go with cat names that start with M?
Seriously, it’s as good a place as any to start your cat naming journey.
We picked M names from all over literature, history, and even made-up fantasy monikers from name generators.
Take a look at our favorites!
You will love these cat names that start with k
Cat Names that Start with M
It doesn’t matter what time of year or what season, bringing home a kitten is a joyous occasion.
However, naming them can take quite a bit of time and mental effort (we’ve all been there).
So what can you do to make your life easier? Go through our lists of course!
By chance, you may want to name your cat with names of a specific letter, and today we have chosen M.
Maybe a letter may be of significance to a family member or tradition, but whatever the reason, we’ll help you find the perfect name for your new kitten.
Male Cat Names with M
Congratulations on your new male kitten. Now, let’s find him a good “M” name, shall we?
We turned to our favorite movies, foods, fantasy names, and even strange words that begin with M to find you some great ideas.
Let’s see what we found!
- M&M – He may not be allowed to eat chocolates, but if he has dark brown markings, this is a cute name.
- Mac/Macaroni – Naming your cat after food you like to eat or food he resembles is the easiest.
- Mickey – Ironic to name a cat after a famous mouse, but herein lies the comedy.
- Macho – A little bit overcompensating, but sometimes you need to be.
- Milo – Like the warm drink that keeps your belly toasty on winter days.
- Marley – Most famous for being the name of that naughty dog.
- Mittens – We find black cats with white paws to be the cutest cat for this name.
- Midnight – I bet a black cat flashed into your mind when you read this name.
- Malchor – A fun fantasy-inspired name.
- Mouse – For the shy cats.
- Mochi – A soft dessert often eaten in Asian countries.
- Mowgli – If you have seen The Jungle Book you will know.
- Maui – If you dream of hot summer places.
- Maverick – The dictionary defines this word as an independent-minded person. So if your cat is often independent and does what he wants, you should name him Maverick.
- Michelin – For the chunky kitty!
- Magneto- for X-Men fans
- Mowgli- The boy from The Jungle Book
- Moo – A white cat with black piebald?
- Maestro – For that cat who loves to serenade you!
- Maximus – If you want your cat to be the most of everything.
- Marshmallow – Great for white fluffy cats.
- Magic – Have you seen your cat try to contour into the smallest spaces and actually succeed? It’s like magic.
- Monster – A bit too literal.
- Mufasa – Simba’s dad! We couldn’t leave this one out.
- Maffick- Means “to celebrate exuberantly and boisterously “
- Merlin – Every cat is a little bit magic
- Meatloaf – If meatball is too small.
- Megabite – If your cat likes to bite.
- MacGyver – If your cat always gets himself out of a tight spot.
- Mellow – For the mellow cat.
- Machairodont – It means “saber toothed.” Shorten it to Mach!
- Moe- From the Stooges or the Simpsons, you decide!
- Malapert – Means bold or saucy.
- Mario- For that super cat!
- Marty- From Back to the Future, for your time-traveling kitty!
- Myzo – Another fun fantasy name.
There are plenty of “M” names out there but we always tend to pick the more unique ones with just a few common ones thrown in.
We hope you enjoyed it, now let’s see what we have in store for your little female kitten.
Female Cat Names with M
If the names above were less than impressive, you can also scan through our female kitten name list for more inspiration.
Again, we turned to food, characters, history, and funny naming generators to come up with some great ideas. Check them out!
- Missy – For the more playful/naughtier cats as we’re quite used to saying “hey missy” when a child misbehaves.
- Minnie – We had Mickey, we have to have Minnie.
- Momo – A really delicious peach, sweet as can be.
- Mishka – For the designer, Badgley Mishka.
- Mew – A meeker version of Meow, and also a Pokemon!
- Magnolia – A beautiful flower
- Madonna – If she has as much personality as the iconic singer.
- Maleficent – You can name a very sweet kitty Maleficent for comedic effect.
- Macy- Like the store!
- Mantissa – It’s the “decimal part of the logarithm.” And no, I didn’t just misspell algorithm! Math fans will get it!
- Macadamia – Mac for short
- Maxixe – A Brazilian ballroom dance
- Magnificent – Sort of like the name above, but meaning something very different.
- Mai Tai
- Marvelous – For the exceptionally wonderful little girl felines.
- Majesty – Cats have a regality about them.
- Malibu – Or spelled Maliboo for a cute touch.
- Madame/Mademoiselle – Sounds a bit fancy doesn’t it?
- Mariah – If your cat meows and sings as well as the singer.
- Marie Curie – Naming your female cat after an intelligent lady will empower her.
- Marilyn Monroe – Must we say more?
- Mythany -A fun fantasy name for girls.
- Marigold- For orange cats that are pretty as a flower.
- Maxima – If you already have a Maximus at home.
- Medusa – The Gorgon in Greek legends.
- Mulan – If you want a warrior Disney princess on your hands.
- Missterious – Cats all have a little bit of mystery about them.
- Mirza – An unusual name inspired by fantasy fiction.
- Missdemeanor – For the naughtier cat.
- Misschief – We couldn’t help it.
- Mocha – for the dark brown kittens.
- Moonlight/Moonbeam – They can light up the dark, just like a cat’s eyes in the night.
- Morticia – For Morticia Addams of the Addams family. Again, a great choice for black cats.
- Metis- a Titan goddess of wisdom
- Magpie- A funny name for a little trickster girl.
- Mab- As in Queen Mab, the faerie from Shakespeare.
Naming animals after food is always the easiest, so to offset some of the food names, we tried to think of clever ones such as Missterious, Missdemeanor and Misschief (which happen to be some of our favorites!)