If you have a new kitten gracing your family during season, it’s fitting to think of some fall cat names name to honor this time of year.
Maybe his or her fur coat also bears the fall colors?
Or perhaps you just like a good old-fashioned autumn name!
Either way, we have compiled an extensive list for you to find the perfect one for your cat based on the season, her personality, coat color and much more!
Check them out!
You will love: 175 Clever and Punny Cat Names
Fantastic Fall Cat Names for Males & Females
As we see the season change and the leaves turn shades of brown, yellow and red, we know fall is upon us.
Not only do our surroundings remind us of fall, but even the Halloween and eventually Thanksgiving decorations do a good job of depicting the arrival of a new season.
With that in mind, we’ve come up with some terrific fall cat names inspired by the season’s colors, tastiest treats (pumpkin, anyone?) and other things that just scream “autumn!!” to us!
Let’s start with our furry little boys, shall we? Then, we’ll check out some cute fall cat names for girls!
You will love these 150+ Hipster Cat Names
Fall Male Cat Names
Coming up with male fall cat names was a little harder than the female list below, but we managed to pull together 50 brilliant ideas!
Most of these names actually work well for both boys and girls, so if you see one you love for your female kitty, go for it!
- Aki – For a more international vibe, it means “brilliant autumn” in Japanese.
- Finn – Meaning “blonde” from Irish origins. Perfect for golden kitties.
- Herbst – German word for “autumn”
- Hosto- Basque word for “leaf”
- Jesen- Croatian word for “autumn”
- Leaf (or spelled Leif)
- Libra – Horoscope that spans September and October.
- Mars – A ruling planet of Scorpio (a fall sign).
- Mercury – Ruling planet of Virgo, the horoscope that spans late August to September
- Otono- Spanish for “autumn”
- Peanut – Because peanut butter tastes great all year round.
- Pluto – Another ruling planet of Scorpio
- Pumpa- Swedish for “pumpkin”
- Rain – It rains more so in the fall than in the summer
- Rufus – Red-haired from Latin origins.
- Rye – Cereal plant, linked to harvest and crops, which brings autumn to mind.
- Sawyer – Meaning woodsman. How fitting for fall!
- Toby – Short for October
- Tök – Hungarian word for “pumpkin”
- Twig (Twiggy)
- Virgo -– August and September zodiac sign.
- Woody – It’s all about trees in the fall, and Woody is a play on the word “wood”
Not to overlap with our Halloween cat names list, although it’s inevitable, we decided to take most of our cat name inspiration from our surroundings and colors.
Of course, we couldn’t forget about food! Autumn is when we celebrate Thanksgiving, and it’s one of the holidays with the most delicious feast!
From turkey, and cranberry sauce to pumpkin pie, we simply had to take inspiration from this long-standing holiday.
Now some if not all of the names above can be unisex, but we have also compiled a list of names just for little girls.
So Festive: 100 Christmas Cat Names For Boys & Girls
Fall Female Cat Names
Coming up with female fall cat names was a bit easier, as many of the season’s colors and treats work really well!
We’ve also looked around the globe for inspiration. You’ll find some cute ideas from ways of saying things like “leaf,” “autumn,” and “pumpkin” in other languages!
- Artemis – Greek Goddess of the Hunt, hunting occurs a lot in the fall.
- Callie – Short for Calico, a cat who has the colors of autumn already on her fur.
- Ceres – The Roman equivalent of Demeter, goddess of the Harvest.
- Dayrta- Somali for “autumn”
- Demeter – Greek Goddess of the Harvest
- Diana – The Roman goddess of the hunt.
- Dynia- Polish for “pumpkin”
- Eve – as in All Hallows Eve
- Folla- means “leaves” in Galician
- Gaia – The Goddess of the Earth
- Harifa- Maltese for “autumn”
- Maizie – Female rendition of Maize, for corn.
- Nova – Short for November
- Octa – You guessed it, short for October
- Orla – From Irish origins meaning “golden princess”.
- Tawny – A light brown color.
- Tikva- Bosnian for “pumpkin”
- Toamnă – Romanian for “autumn”
- Venus – Ruling planet of Libra, the Zodiac sign in September and October, the fall months.
- Zucca- Italian for “pumpkin”
Whether you like food, colors or just fall itself, you can find a name to satisfy your inner fall craving for your new female kitten.
Names like Candy, Toffee, Apricot and Honey give you the warm feeling of autumn and Thanksgiving.
Libra, Virgo, and Venus speak to your inner astrologer, and Octa, Nova and Rain honor the fall season.
And there you have it, our list of fall names for your new feline addition to the family!