Looking for some brilliant tabby cat names for your new kitten?
We’ve got you covered!
Below, we’re checking out 100 terrific ideas, split between males & females.
Let’s dive right in!
Tabby Cat Names for Males
We’ll start with boy kittens, since males are more likely to have a tabby cat coat pattern than females (although it’s a myth that ONLY males have this coat).
- Agouti – for a cat with a ticked pattern.
- Apollo – after the God of the Sun.
- Bandit – great name for a striped cat.
- Butterscotch – this name is great for an orange tabby.
- Camo – for the cat with a camouflage pattern.
- Checkers – beautiful name for a tabby with this pattern.
- Cheetah – great name for a striped and fast cat.
- Cheshire – after the grey tabby in Aline in Wonderland.
- Colby Jack – great tabby name for a classic tabby.
- Comet – perfect name for a striped tabby.
- Copper – for an orange tabby.
- Cosmo – for a cat with a sky pattern.
- Creamsicle – great name for an orange and white tabby.
- Dot – cute and short tabby name.
- Earl Grey – amazing name for a grey tabby.
- Fawn – perfect for an orange tabby.
- Firefly – for a very fast orange tabby.
- Fog – for a mischievous tabby.
- Garfield – after the most famous tabby in the world.
- Granite – adorable name for a grey tabby.
- Greystoke – after the Earl of Greystoke.
- Herringbone – cool name for a grey tabby.
- Leo – maybe his pattern resembles a leopard.
- Mackerel – after the standard tabby pattern.
- Mars – perfect name for grey tabbies.
- Meteor – cool name for a dark grey tabby.
- Monarch – a noble cat deserves a king’s name.
- Nemo – after the striped clownfish.
- Pepper – cool name for a grey tabby.
- Pickle – great name for a tabby with a lot of personality.
- Plume – for a dark grey tabby.
- Poindexter – just in case he has a lot of dots!
- Pumpkin – adorable name for an orange tabby.
- Puss in Boots – after the famous Shrek tabby.
- Sable – an aesthetic cat name for a strong tabby.
- Salt – white kitten name for a cat with white spots.
- Scorch – cool name for a mischievous tabby.
- Shadow – for a dark grey tabby.
- Shere–Khan – after the evil tiger in The Jungle Book.
- Smaug – after The Hobbit’s red dragon.
- Smoke – cool name for a tabby who doesn’t want to be seen.
- Smudge – for a tabby with a unique pattern.
- Spot – perfect name for a spotted tabby.
- Starflight – just in case your cat has a lot of white stripes.
- Stoney – perfect name for a grey cat.
- Strix – for a very playful tabby.
- Sunrise – this name is perfect for an orange tabby.
- Sunspot – perfect for an orange and white tabby.
- Tawny – unique name for a brown tabby.
- Twill – after the stripped fabric.
Tabby Cat Names for Females
Real quick, before we jump into our female tabby cat names, I just want to clear something up.
It’s a common misconception that only males can be orange tabbies, and that’s simply not true.
While there are more males than females, I’ve actually had a female orange tabby cat, so I know for a fact that it’s not unheard of.
Okay, now onto the names!
- Amber – perfect name for an orange tabby.
- Autumn – for a golden-orange tabby.
- Bee – because bees have a beautiful pattern.
- Birch – for a grey tabby.
- Blaze – perfect name for a fierce and orange tabby.
- Blue – for that blueish grey tabby.
- Bonnie – beautiful name, after the famous Bonnie Parker.
- Brocade – for the cat with the most precious pattern.
- Buttercup – sweet name for a cat with tiger pattern.
- Cinder – cool name for a dark grey tabby.
- Cinnamon – perfect name for a cat with orange fur.
- Cocoa – sweetest name for a brown tabby.
- Dotty – perfect for a spotted tabby.
- Ember – for a bright orange tabby.
- Feather – because feathers have beautiful patterns.
- Ginger – cute name for an orange tabby.
- Glitter – adorable name for a tabby with a random pattern.
- Goldie – for a yellow-colored tabby.
- Goldy – perfect name for an orange and yellow tabby.
- Harlequin – inspired by the pattern with the same name.
- Honey – for the sweetest tabby out there.
- Honeypie – beautiful name for a sweet, sweet tabby.
- Iris – after the Greek Goddess of the rainbow.
- Kissa – this is the Finnish word for “cat.”
- Luna – perfect name for a grey tabby.
- Mace – Albanian name meaning “cat.”
- Marble – because some tabbies have a marbled pattern.
- Marra – Basque name meaning “stripe.”
- Mimosa – for a spotted tabby.
- Onyx – cool name for a tabby with a beautiful color.
- Oreo – for a grey and white tabby.
- Patches – beautiful pattern tabbies have.
- Pebbles – for a tabby with a marbled pattern.
- Pippi – perfect name for an orange tabby.
- Rain – adorable name for a grey tabby.
- Red – because some tabbies are almost red.
- Sahara – after the exotic and orange desert.
- Sandstone – after the beautiful-patterned stone.
- Shadow – for a tabby who never leaves you alone.
- Sparkle – for the cutest tabby out there.
- Sprinkles – does this remind you of a delicious cupcake?
- Storm – for a cloud-like pattern.
- Striata – Italian name meaning “striped.”
- Sunflower – perfect name for an always happy yellow tabby.
- Suzy – after the tigress in Ringling Bros. Circus.
- Tabitha – perfect for a lady-like tabby.
- Tiger Lily – beautiful name for a gentle tabby.
- Tinsel – for a tabby with a sparkling personality.
- Velveeta – great name for a very special tabby.
- Zelda – Old English name meaning “grey.”
I have so many favorites that it’s hard to choose just one. For boys, I love Colby Jack.
For girls, I really adore Velveeta! Hmm, both are types of cheese. Maybe that’s just my cravings talking?
Your turn! What are your favorite tabby cat names? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own business.