If you’re looking for the best black and white cat names, you’re in the right place!
Getting a new cat for your house is probably going to be one of the best decisions.
Whether it’s your first cat or not, choosing a name can be a really hard job.
For that, we came with some great names for tuxedo cats you can choose from!
Top 20 Black and White Cat Names
Let’s start with a peek at my top 20 favorite black and white cat names from all of the sections below, shall we? I divided the list into male and female names.
CHECK: Magical Fairy Cat Names
10 Good Names for Black and White Male Cats
If you’re looking for cute black and white kitten names for your new male, this is where you should be.
The ones we chose really are the cutest and suitable for any furball.
- Bow Tie – do you know how some cats have a cute, bow tie pattern?
- Charlie -after Charlie Chaplin, of course! It’s classy and suitable for any elegant cat!
- Felix – the most famous cat of all times and definitely one of the cutest!
- James – introducing your cat as ‘Bond. James Bond’ may be the coolest thing you ever did.
- Mickey – even though it may be a little ironic, Mickey is still a great name!
- Snoopy – probably the most famous name for a black and white pet ever.
- Spot – patterns are different and yours may just have the perfect one for this name.
- Sylvester – the famous Looney Tunes black and white cat may be a very inspired choice for a very active cat.
- Tux – if you want to keep it short and classy, Tux is the perfect name!
- Zorro – can you imagine your cat carefully sword fighting another cat?
You know we never forget the ladies, so we also came up with the perfect names for your adorable kittens.
Whether you’re looking for cute black and white kitten names for females or just a famous name, you’re in the right place.
10 Cute Names for Black and White Cats Females
Take a look at these names for your tom!
- Betty looking for a famous black and white pop cat name for your new kitten ? Then Betty Boop is one of the first you should consider.
- Cookie – what is a cookie? Probably the sweetest thing you can think of and it surely matches your best kitten.
- Dotty – it actually comes from ‘Dorothy’ and it means ‘The Gift of God’ and it’s completely melting our hearts.
- Ladybug – ladybugs are sweet, fragile and very elegant. They actually inspire the best image of a cat.
- Perdita – or the famous mother of the 101 Dalmatians and probably the best animal mother figure we can think of.
- Marble – It does give a strong and beautiful image and you’ll be proud to call your little furball ‘Marble’.
- Marilyn – named after the famous actress, Marilyn is a very classy name for any black and white cat female.
- Minnie – how great would it be to have a pair of black and white kittens and name them Minnie and Mickey? Name a more famous duo!
- Orca – this name doesn’t refer to a chubby cat, but to a very free and happy kitten, willing to explore everything.
- Panda – the pandas are probably some of the laziest creatures, but still incredibly lovable. Just like some of the cats we know.
10 Warrior Cat Names for Black and White Cats
Of course, who wouldn’t want a very cool name for their black and white cat?
Well, I can name some people, but that’s not the point.
If you want your cat to join you in the next Battle for Azeroth or maybe explore the undying world of Skyrim, then you should choose appropriate warrior cat names.
- Greystar – he’s gonna save the world, while of course, taking 3-5 naps a day!
- Firepaw – it does sound like a Pokemon name, but if you want to collect them all, you need a worthy companion!
- Greystripe – he’s on his way to save the universe while fighting all the bees trying to get inside your house!
- Badgereyes – and this isn’t even a fantasy name! If he can see in the dark, that will make you one of the best justice fighters of all times!
- Blizzardclaw – if you’re taking your Orc Hunter and go to save Azeroth, you’ll need a great companion and Blizzardclaw may be it!
- Crowrunner – or the one that keeps your lawn free of those annoying birds!
- Ravenheart – disregarding the common beliefs, ravens are some of the best animals.
- Blackmask – for fighting crimes, directly from the bedroom!
- Darkrunner – some cats stay outside and explore everything they can. If yours often comes home in the morning, this can be the perfect name for him.
- Miststalk – the stalker, the one that will stay on the highest point in the house, attacking you and your family.
16 Nerdy Names for Black and White Cat Males
- Bender – from Futurama
- Bilbo – from The Hobbit
- Chewie – aka Chewbacca, from Star Wars
- Daredevil – from the Marvel Universe
- Einstein – after one of the most brilliant scientists ever
- Ender – from Ender’s Game
- Gandalf – from The Lord of the Rings
- Kirk – as in Captain Kirk, from Star Trek
- Kylo – after Kylo Ren, from the Star Wars franchise
- Legolas – Another great one from the LOTR series.
- Morpheus– From the Matrix
- Neo – Also from the Matrix franchise
- Ninja – cutest nerd cat names
- R2D2 – The adorable robot from the Star Wars franchise
- Yoda – Again, a great Star Wars name for your black and white cat
16 Nerdy Names for Black and White Cat Females
- Arya– From Game of Thrones
- Atari– a great old gaming system!
- Bug – as in “a bug in the machine”
- Daenerys – from GOT
- Ellie– from the first Jurassic Park movie
- Gamora – from Marvel
- Hera – after the Greek goddess
- Hermione – from the Harry Potter series
- Leia– from Star Wars
- River– as in River Tam from Firefly
- Sansa– from Game of Thrones
- Siri– after the Apple AI
- Storm– after the X-Men superhero
- Trinity– from the Matrix
- Xena– after the Warrior Princess
There you have it.
Choosing a great name is always hard and it’s amazing if you have the proper inspiration! But which one to choose? Keep reading for some key things to think about when naming your cat to help you narrow down your options.
Things to Consider when Naming your Cat
While naming your fur baby probably isn’t as difficult as naming a human baby, it’s also not as simple as just choosing an idea at random and running with it. There are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before you start engraving your kitty’s new name on everything.
1. Pick a Name You Can Say in Public
Before settling on a name, ask yourself if you’d be proud or embarrassed to say it in public (for instance, at the vet’s office).
Better yet, ask yourself if your mom would have washed your mouth out with soap for saying it as a child!
On this same note, don’t choose a cruel name. Calling your cat degrading names like “Little Jerkface” or worse is just plain unkind.
2. Choose something that’s easy to say
It’s not enough to pick something that you wouldn’t be embarrassed to say in public. You also want to choose a name that’s easy enough to say over and over and over. Not only is it easier for your cat to learn, but do you really want to say “Sir Poppinton Von Schnuckershuster, get off the counter” 50 times a day? On the same note, if you have children, make sure you choose something that they can say as well.
3. Consider your cat’s personality
While you may not have a full idea of your cat’s personality right away, you can use common traits from her breed to come up with some inspiration. You can also wait a day or two and see what traits emerge once the kitty gets a bit more comfortable around you.
4. Get inspired by your cat’s appearance
While there’s no rule that says you can’t name a black cat Snowball or a white cat Ebony (see #5) if you’re struggling to come up with a clever name that you love, get inspired by your kitty’s overall appearance. A long-haired cat, for example, could have a funny name like Fabio, or an orange cat may answer to Ginger or Peaches.
5. Feel free to be ironic & unexpected
Like I said above, there’s no rule that says you HAVE to stick with names that match your cat’s appearance. If you want to name your Maine Coon “Tiny” or your Munchkin cat “Colossus,” go for it. Ironic names can be really clever and fun.
Honestly, aside from avoiding nasty or crude and inappropriate names, all of these are just general things to consider and not hard rules.
Feel free to get creative and forget what anyone else thinks of your cat’s name. As long as you pick something that YOU love, it’s the perfect name, period.
What are your favorite black and white cat names? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own business.
FIND HER ON: FACEBOOK.
Read her latest articles.
Learn more about Andrea here